4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
KORNBREAD

National Football League 2011-2012

Pagelzilla

Man, that was an exciting week 2 of football! Michael Vick has a concussion, Cam Newton is still a beast, and apparently the Giants defense pretends to be injured like a bunch of pansies. Honestly, that's the biggest reason I don't like watching soccer. I don't want to see a bunch of grown men pretending to be hurt to draw a penalty or slow down the game. Man the f*ck up and deal with the no-huddle offense

Funktipus

It never ends for the Giants...Domenik Hixon is out for the year with a torn ACL - AAARRRGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Jonesizzle

Same for Jamal Charles. It is crazy how many injuries are taking place.

Xboxless

Dude, the Saints are going to be a hard matchup for us. High possibility of a loss, but if we can pull it out then I will start to really believe.

We have a four week gauntlet though, Saints then Pittsburgh, Oakland, and Baltimore. That's a tough four week stretch, if we can come out of that 2-2 I'll be happy. Oh well, it's a true test of the Texans, and hopefully they can come out winning.

Funktipus
Same for Jamal Charles. It is crazy how many injuries are taking place.

Nick Collins is done too.

Mario Manningham is doubtful because of a concussion. Giants added Michael Clayton to replace Hixon. I'm not feeling the G-Men this year - too many holes on this team. Imagine what Vick, Brees, Rodgers and Brady will do to our depleted secondary.

tubbs51
I'd suggest watching some youtube videos of him. I feel sorry for some of the people he hit in college, big-time playmaker at defense. Would've been nice to see him get drafted, but him going undrafted will make the story sweeter, this dude will be starting for the Hawks by the end of the season.

yeah. but he's made some good coverage plays in the preseason which is why he beat out 5th round choice Mark LeGree

GTA3Rockstar

F*ckin' donkies

SIKKS66

Let's go Bills!

sh*t, I wish the UK showed Bills games, have to stick to watching highlights.

3-0

Jonesizzle

Surprised Eagles lost to the measley Giants, Vick did splendid considering he played, I think, two series with a broken right hand. Vick has been getting beat up bad and it's only the end of week 3. I think the Bills are going to be another Broncos of last year. They'll win 7 straight, and lose the last 9 games. XBoxless, good move starting Fitzpatrick, he might have won this game for ya.

trip
Surprised Eagles lost to the measley Giants

Ouch. It was extra painful.

Scifen
Let's go Bills!

sh*t, I wish the UK showed Bills games, have to stick to watching highlights.

3-0

Bills / Lions Superbowl anyone? tounge.gif

Alot of interesting turn outs in Week 3 so far, my picks have all been right in all of my fantasy leauges

Jonesizzle

I thought for sure you had me beat, Xboxless, but Mr. Welker has not failed me yet, dude is insanity.

Funktipus

Giants had their best effort of the season so far. All three phases(offense, defense, special teams) got it done. Game balls go to Eli, Ross, Bradshaw, JPP and Victor Cruz.

After such an emotional division game, Giants have to guard against a letdown in Arizona next week.

Break up the 3-0 Bills and Lions!

Xboxless
I thought for sure you had me beat, Xboxless, but Mr. Welker has not failed me yet, dude is insanity.

It's mainly because some of my other guys failed me. Ben Tate didn't do great, and Matt Forte too.

I was willing to lose though if that meant Jimmy Graham did bad and the Texans won, but he did well and the Texans lost and I still lost. confused.gif

I've had Ryan Fitzpatrick the whole season but it wasn't until now I decided to play him. Mainly just because not so much because of really any thinking.

GTA3Rockstar

How about that punt return during the Packers Bears game?

Too bad it didn't count. tounge.gif

Jonesizzle

That was the greatest fake play I've seen in a while, Devin Hester sold it well.

Such a relief my boys won, I hate people hating on Romo for not being tough, winning with a fractured rib should shut people up for awhile. Just hope we can follow through with that ring this year.

Hey Rockstar, risky move dropping Chris Johnson, good pick-up for me though. colgate.gif

Edited by DOOM!

GTA3Rockstar

That was the greatest fake play I've seen in a while, Devin Hester sold it well.

Especially since the punter was the only one to see that. How dumb do they feel? lol

Won't happen again I can tell you that.

Hodgey.

Especially since the punter was the only one to see that. How dumb do they feel? lol

Not doing so bad on FF this year so far. First three weeks three wins and the three biggest blowouts icon14.gifbiggrin.gif

Pagelzilla

Buffalo, Detroit, and Green Bay are the only remaining undefeated teams. Unfortunately we have to wait until Thanksgiving for a matchup between GB and Detroit, and Buffalo doesn't play either team all season.

tubbs51

Cant wait til sunday. The Falcons come up to seattle to take on my Hawks and the 12th Man.

I hope the Falcons are still on the down ward spiral so that we can go to 2-2...

Plus i'd love to see Sidney Rice get another 100+ yard game biggrin.gif

GTA3Rockstar

Not doing so bad on FF this year so far. First three weeks three wins and the three biggest blowouts icon14.gifbiggrin.gif

Only cause Rivers dropped the ball for me this week. Literally -_-

King Kapone

Bills / Lions Superbowl anyone?  tounge.gif

I was telling a couple of my friends this a week ago. They laughed their asses off, now both teams are 3-0 and we all know what Buffalo did to New England. No one's laughing right now.

Going to hold off until Week 10 or so to see how these teams are really going to pan out.

Funktipus
Bills / Lions Superbowl anyone?  tounge.gif

Going to hold off until Week 10 or so to see how these teams are really going to pan out.

Yeah, that's when you find out who has a chance to make that December run.

King Kapone

I do think either the Bears or Lions will survive to be the final undefeated team of the year (which would be fantastic if it were the Lions, considering), I see the Packers dropping a loss soon.

Dolphins, Colts, Chiefs, Vikings, Rams. All 0-3. Nice.

Pagelzilla
I do think either the Bears or Lions will survive to be the final undefeated team of the year (which would be fantastic if it were the Lions, considering), I see the Packers dropping a loss soon.

Dolphins, Colts, Chiefs, Vikings, Rams. All 0-3. Nice.

I think you mean the Bills.

On that note, I'll be rooting for the Bills to crush the AFC East. It's about time we have another team coming out on top other than the Jets or Pats. The Bills play Cincinatti on Sunday so I think it's safe to say they will soon be 4-0.

SIKKS66

I think after the crap decade or so, the Bills would be more than happy with a sneaky route into the playoffs. I mean, how f*cking awful were they at the start of last season? My first ever year following NFL properly and my adopted team were getting spanked weak in, weak out. A safe, solid season would be a great platform going into another key draft.

Love how Chan Gailey is building a team from the back to the front. Could have been so easy to blow a bunch of cash on a overrated QB but it's looking like that faith in Fitz is paying off with a freshened up defense holding its own.

Having said all this, I still think the Bills would struggle come playoff time against a more solid, experienced unit. Oh well, slow and steady, eh?

King Kapone

Yea, definitely meant the Bills, thanks. I guess I wouldn't subconsciously let myself believe the Bills are an undefeated team. tounge.gif

I'm rather surprised the Colts are playing so terribly. I can't grasp how Manning was the only reason the Colts were SB contenders every season. You mean to tell me that Indy only has 1 capable player on the team? What's going on with the other 52? Indianapolis can't afford an 0-16 season just because Manning might be done for his career.

AmyJones

Yea, definitely meant the Bills, thanks. I guess I wouldn't subconsciously let myself believe the Bills are an undefeated team. tounge.gif

I'm rather surprised the Colts are playing so terribly. I can't grasp how Manning was the only reason the Colts were SB contenders every season. You mean to tell me that Indy only has 1 capable player on the team? What's going on with the other 52? Indianapolis can't afford an 0-16 season just because Manning might be done for his career.

Not a huge fan of the colts, however Curtis Painter does deserve his fair chance. He just might turn things around, he did go to Purdue! icon14.gif

King Kapone

The fun thing is, even if the Colts manage a 5-11 season, "analysts" will call the season a huge disappointment. Which in my opinion, it would be a huge success.

Twang.

The thing is, Manning wasn't just the quarterback; he called the shots. I figure that's why they can change head coaches so smoothly...the guy calling the plays and controlling the offense is still there. If his playing career really is almost over, he should definitely be a QB coach (to teach others how to do how he do) or OC.