4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
KORNBREAD

National Football League 2011-2012

gta_player5
Man, I've been hearing that BSPN (ESPN) is REALLY trying hard to get a Nnamdi to jets thing going. The media is trying to get a person to go to a team, that's just f*cked up.

It's a terrible idea too, why would you boost a strongpoint of your team to completely ignore your offense. You offense that is lead by Mark Sanchez, need I say more?

So apparently it's Jets, 49ers and Texans in the race for Nnamdi. If we get him it's going to be all we get. I would rather get a a CB and FS tandem in FA.

It's all about ratings. Unfortunately, the Jets and their loud mouth head coach, Rex Ryan, draw a lot of coverage, especially since they're a New York team. Though their offense isn't stellar, it's not terrible. Mark Sanchez is no Peyton Manning, but he's a decent game manager. And, that is coming from a Miami Dolphins fan. If you ask me, the Jets and Rex Ryan are trying to do what was done in Baltimore. They're trying to stockpile defensive players.

Funktipus

Brad Smith to Buffalo

Albert Haynesworth & Chad OchoCinco to New England

Reggie Bush to Miami

Paul Pozlusky to Jacksonville

Edited by Funktipus

Xboxless

So....Houston gets Johnathon Joseph and Danieal Manning. WOW!!

All we need is a decent defense to coincide with our offense and we make the playoffs, and this just may give us that. The only things hindering us is if the defense can learn the 3-4 quickly and Mario can stay dominant as a LB. These are big problems since we did not have OTA's and the Matt Schaub led practices obviously did not feature Wade (I think JJ Watt got a hold of a playbook during that little reprieve from the lockout during the draft) and only Demeco was teaching the defense.

I have high hopes again and while it will be hard for the Texans to overcome those problems I believe that they can.

/Kool-Aid drinker

Any Chicago fan here to give me their opinions on Danieal?

Edited by Xboxless

Scifen

Im still on the edge of my seat wondering where Asomugha is going to land. Him and Revis as a tag team would make an unbelievable threat to any teams passing game.

trip

Im still on the edge of my seat wondering where Asomugha is going to land. Him and Revis as a tag team would make an unbelievable threat to any teams passing game.

Guess what?????

I just popped on the Eagles page to see what other movement was happening, and there was a live feed press conference happening.

user posted image

Yup, we got him......

Edit:

Did I mention we also got Rodgers-Cromartie?

Holy crap...finally some serious defense again. Having been an Eagles fan my whole life, I'm used to a killer defense - I can't tell you how great this is.

Edited by tripmills

Funktipus

As a Giants fan, I am not a happy man right now. I can't believe Asomugha signed with Philly.

trip

Well, having been born and bread here and all. Not to mention our old rivalry. I hope you don't mind if I say....Na Na NaNa Na.

These moves we've made our amazing. So far, best off season moves I've ever seen. Sorry, but now I have to go back to my superstitious ways and not talk about anything smile.gif

Xboxless
Well, having been born and bread here and all. Not to mention our old rivalry. I hope you don't mind if I say....Na Na NaNa Na.

These moves we've made our amazing. So far, best off season moves I've ever seen. Sorry, but now I have to go back to my superstitious ways and not talk about anything smile.gif

Will this make you talk?

The Eagles suck and have never done anything and never will. Andy Reid is a complete loser and your whole team stinks.

devil.gif

trip
Well, having been born and bread here and all.  Not to mention our old rivalry.  I hope you don't mind if I say....Na Na NaNa Na.

These moves we've made our amazing.  So far, best off season moves I've ever seen.  Sorry, but now I have to go back to my superstitious ways and not talk about anything smile.gif

Will this make you talk?

The Eagles suck and have never done anything and never will. Andy Reid is a complete loser and your whole team stinks.

devil.gif

Nope.

Pre-season in a couple of weeks...CAN'T WAIT!!!!

Xboxless

Are you really that suspicious that you won't talk about your team?

Sports fans, craziest nuts I'll ever see.

It's funny how the lockout works, it made most of the offseason dreadful, but now that it is lifted it makes everything go by faster. We are so close!

trip

Superstitious like mad ph34r.gif

I'll be able to talk a bit more after the roasters and movement settles down.

I am very curious as to where we have to go young this year since we spent some big ass cash on free agents. I can't wait for preseason in 2 weeks. I love the 1st and 3d games. Damn...I'm excited.

Skins

Ughh the Eagles are ridiculous. They also signed Babin from the Titans who was just starting to beastmode last year. They signed VY, not really sure why though.

AmyJones
So....Houston gets Johnathon Joseph and Danieal Manning. WOW!!

All we need is a decent defense to coincide with our offense and we make the playoffs, and this just may give us that. The only things hindering us is if the defense can learn the 3-4 quickly and Mario can stay dominant as a LB. These are big problems since we did not have OTA's and the Matt Schaub led practices obviously did not feature Wade (I think JJ Watt got a hold of a playbook during that little reprieve from the lockout during the draft) and only Demeco was teaching the defense.

I have high hopes again and while it will be hard for the Texans to overcome those problems I believe that they can.

/Kool-Aid drinker

Any Chicago fan here to give me their opinions on Danieal?

Houston opened their wallets up more. Chicago knew that mere deal wasn't going to work anyways. "Hope he don't get injured this year"

trip
Ughh the Eagles are ridiculous. They also signed Babin from the Titans who was just starting to beastmode last year. They signed VY, not really sure why though.

We needed a back up QB with some experience since we traded out Kolb. Young seems excited to be here too. The one thing I am really enjoying when reading about the acquisitions is how it sounds like all the players we picked up really want to play for the Eagles and the coaching squad.

Xboxless

Houston opened their wallets up more. Chicago knew that mere deal wasn't going to work anyways. "Hope he don't get injured this year"

I mainly meant what you thought of Danieal and how he played, not what you thought about losing him....wasn't trying to rub it in.

Seriously, this 12th is pre-season that is so close.

@Tripmills, I bet the eagles now have a bunch of VY fans claiming to be Eagles fans now.

Mainland Marauder

The Texans made a couple of excellent pickups there. Manning has the added upside of being an option to return kicks, as he took over for Devin Hester for a bit back in '08 and hauled back an opening kickoff for six. Combined with the Wade Phillips hire at DC I expect to see a different attitude on defense. Big question to me is how Mario Williams adjusts. That, and how quick Watt comes along.

Joseph is rather underrated at CB and is probably a better value than Asomugha, considering the Texans needed money to address multiple gaps in the secondary.

Xboxless

Some ass hat decided to tweet "ANDRE JOHNSON CARTED OFF FIELD"

So I nearly have a freaking heart attack because Andre is our best player (duh) and it turns out all that happened was that his finger got dislocated and he walked off the field into the locker room.

Seriously, what kind of ass hat does that? He nearly made half of Houston commit suicide....

This is what really happened:

Andre Johnson gets a boo boo on finger, witnesses report Golden Ichor spilled out which Kareem Jackson slipped in. He was then seen intercepting every pass thrown during the remainder of practice after his brief exposure to pure awesome.
Edited by Xboxless

Funktipus

Giants re-sign Ahmad Bradshaw. They're entertaining trade offers for Osi. Aslo, Kevin Boss and Steve Smith aren't signed yet. Not good.

Mainland Marauder
He nearly made half of Houston commit suicide....

If half this city was going to kill itself over the NFL, it would've done it long ago.

Although some may say we had in a financial sense as we're still paying debt on the Astrodome's upgrades for the Oilers in the late 80s confused.gif

Funktipus

Osi had something to say about Giants front office.

"What really annoys me is the hypocrisy of people clamoring for my head for asking for a new deal or to be traded," Umenyiora wrote in the email to The AP. "Saying I have 2 years left on my deal. These contracts only mean something to us? Where is O'Hara? Where is Seubert? True inspirational football players.

"They were cut after being injured," he said. "They have years left on their deal. Why is Jacobs asked to take a pay cut? He has years left on his deal. The fact is in the business we are in, if you get injured, or they feel like you underperformed, they cut you without hesitation. But if you clearly outplay your contract, and ask for something to be done, you're a bad guy and not a team player. It's ridiculous."

Osi telling it like it is. That's why I never get upset when football players hold out. It's the unfortunate truth about their cold-blooded business. Just look at Jerricho Cotchery. He's been nothing but a good soldier for the Jets - never complained, just went out and made big plays. Now, because they're concerned about his injury problems, he gets dumped in favor of 37-year-old Derrick Mason.

tubbs51
Osi had something to say about Giants front office.

"What really annoys me is the hypocrisy of people clamoring for my head for asking for a new deal or to be traded," Umenyiora wrote in the email to The AP. "Saying I have 2 years left on my deal. These contracts only mean something to us? Where is O'Hara? Where is Seubert? True inspirational football players.

"They were cut after being injured," he said. "They have years left on their deal. Why is Jacobs asked to take a pay cut? He has years left on his deal. The fact is in the business we are in, if you get injured, or they feel like you underperformed, they cut you without hesitation. But if you clearly outplay your contract, and ask for something to be done, you're a bad guy and not a team player. It's ridiculous."

Osi telling it like it is. That's why I never get upset when football players hold out. It's the unfortunate truth about their cold-blooded business. Just look at Jerricho Cotchery. He's been nothing but a good soldier for the Jets - never complained, just went out and made big plays. Now, because they're concerned about his injury problems, he gets dumped in favor of 37-year-old Derrick Mason.

I agree... its a bit ridiculous...

Stubborn Morra... almost like the Bengals front office....

Denies Palmer's trade but sends Ocho to New England with ease.

NFL Front Office hypocrisy... it never fails to amaze me.

Funktipus

Now Kevin Boss is gone. I'm not a happy Giants fan right now.

tubbs51
Now Kevin Boss is gone. I'm not a happy Giants fan right now.

could be worse... could be a Niners fan...

the big signings they had were Braylon Edwards and David Akers... an old WR (with some skills) and a kicker.... lol

NOTE: i am a Seahawks fan so i am a bit biased tounge.gif

I'm loving what the Hawks did this offseason. According to ESPN's Mike Sando, almost every free agent signed by seattle is practicing fantastically including the Hawks WRs. Sidney Rice according to Pete Carroll has caught a half dozen circus catches in his two days worth of practices... and also the lower WRs on the Depth chart are making huge plays too. and Safety Earl thomas returned an INT in practice to the house for a 65 yard INT for a TD...

Looking good looking good....

Jonesizzle

Looking good? You sign a big name WR... with no QB to throw him the ball. Figured they would've picked up a Vince Young or go after Orton or something.

Xboxless
.........no QB to throw him the ball. Figured they would've picked up a Vince Young...........

Vince Young = No QB.

Tavaris Jackson is a better pickup than VY, TJ knows the system and is probably already a better QB than VY.

tubbs51
.........no QB to throw him the ball. Figured they would've picked up a Vince Young...........

Vince Young = No QB.

Tavaris Jackson is a better pickup than VY, TJ knows the system and is probably already a better QB than VY.

Exactly.... The Seahawks got former Vikings OC Darrell Bevel now running the offense so it only made sense that they get Tavaris and Sidney...

But the Hawks are building for the future... They fixed the Offensive line phenomenally well (James Carpenter and John Moffitt are looking fantastic during practice). If they do bad this year then we'll get one of the major QBs in the draft (Luck, Jones, or Barkley). if we dont then we get a pass rusher...

trip
Vince Young = No QB.

I don't mind having him as the backup for the Eagles. I think he may do fine in the back up role as long as he doesn't have any hissy fits or anything.

Xboxless

Backup role is fine Trip, just saying that the Seahawks picking him up is a bad idea.

VY working behind a successful scrambling QB could work for him, he just has to learn how to man up, especially in philly with the worst fans possible.

trip
Backup role is fine Trip, just saying that the Seahawks picking him up is a bad idea.

VY working behind a successful scrambling QB could work for him, he just has to learn how to man up, especially in philly with the worst fans possible.

Fans, media, and even front office don't take any of that sh*t.

And really, we aren't that bad - just really passionate and involved. The main problem is visitors just don't know how to take our razzing. We even f*ck with our own, it is just that we all know everyone is just f*cking around. Hard to explain I guess.

Although, I am proud to have the only stadium with it's own built in court room biggrin.gif . And just so you know, we are all proud of the name we have earned for ourselves. If you were apart of it, you'd feel special about it too tounge2.gif . Sometimes the national media spins us in a bad way though just for the drama of it all.

gta_player5

And really, we aren't that bad - just really passionate and involved.  The main problem is visitors just don't know how to take our razzing.  We even f*ck with our own, it is just that we all know everyone is just f*cking around.  Hard to explain I guess.

Do you Philly fans intentionally vomit on other young Philly fans? Do they throw D batteries at Raúl Ibáñez like they did to J.D. Drew? Do Eagles fans cheer, or would they cheer, if DeSean Jackson was carted off on a stretcher much like Michael Irvin was? I've seen many Eagles fans being carried out of the old Giants Stadium by security because of fights they started, which included covering Giants fans' jerseys and varsity-like jackets with food and condiments.

And lest we forget the infamous Santa Claus incident. tounge.gif

Passionate? Yes, Philadelphia fans are incredibly passionate about their teams. But, that's no excuse for their incredibly ridiculous behavior. Involvement does not require you doing any of the things mentioned above. It may be a case of a few bad apples spoiling the bunch, but the past has proven that their [Philadelphia] fans are, for lack of a better word, wild. I'm sure you've heard this before and I've had this conversation with many Philly fans in the past. And, I'm not saying other fans don't have poor behavior because some do, like the Jets. The city of Philadelphia, however, is notorious for it.

Now, I apologize for bringing the discussion off topic a bit. I'll return to the retired NFL Discussion-ers area. tounge.gif

Edited by gta_player5