4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
KORNBREAD

National Football League 2011-2012

Senex Iunior

Detroit Lions dominating Tom Treebow and the Broncs, 45-10 in the fourth (8:12 remaining). The Rams whip some bandwagon ass today in the biggest upset of the year. The Titans beat the Colts (for once). The Steelers will beat the Patriots after an awful onside kick with two concurrent penalties.

Today was a good day.

Edited by Senex Iunior

Jonesizzle

And the Cowboys get f*cking demolished. How embarrassing, plus I had Tony Romo starting 'cause of Rodgers bye week. Bullcrap.

tubbs51

So my seahawks started Charlie Whitehurst.... and i was right. He couldnt do anything again. Its horribly obvious that he's barely on the same page as any of our WRs. Sidney's drops didnt help and neither did the penalties but who knows, maybe if TJack made the start it would have been a different outcome....

and we need some refs with at least half a f*cking brain. for the second time in two weeks i watched a player get close to an opposing player on a return and got called for block in the back when it was questionable at the least of a call.

NFL needs to reign in the Zebras cause they're having deciding voices in the games it seems like....

Funktipus

Giants always make things interesting against teams they should beat. Still can't get the running game going. Great job by Eli pulling our fat out of the fire.

Not sure if Nicks is playing next week, which sucks. He'd have a field day against New England's secondary.

cactus.
And the Cowboys get f*cking demolished. How embarrassing, plus I had Tony Romo starting 'cause of Rodgers bye week. Bullcrap.

Was at the game last night. Yeah, it was one-way traffic. Cowboys looked wholly disinterested the entire game, especially at the time when their QB threw the ball to the guy who was already lying on the ground (can't remember if in 2nd or 3rd quater..). I'll post a pic or two here shortly smile.gif

tubbs51

I look at the Seahawks season and say, If we win some more cool, and if we lose some more cool too cause at least we can possibly get our Franchise QB in one of the four stud QBs in the draft.

Slamman

I watch local press and they are just ALL OVER Christian Ponder, they love him like he were Brett Favre, and he even mentioned Brett in an interview tonight, so guess he's as much an influence as anyone

Xboxless

Texans doing what they have to, beat the teams they should. 3-0 in the division and 5-3 overall with the Browns up next before the bye. It's great, we have gotten through our hardest teams of the season already (besides Falcons) so we got a pretty easy schedule for the rest of the year.

It seems everybody is getting hurt though, it's freaking ridiculous.

It seems I will be at the top of our league after this week, let's hope I can keep that up. The good thing is these defensive players I've picked up are making a big difference. Before them I was averaging like 10 points per game for defensive players. This week they just gave me like 20 points. I may have to drop Antonio Smith though, ever since Mario got injured he hasn't really done anything.

Edited by Xboxless

B Rob
I watch local press and they are just ALL OVER Christian Ponder, they love him like he were Brett Favre, and he even mentioned Brett in an interview tonight, so guess he's as much an influence as anyone

Ponder does look pretty good but look at the weapons he has around him. Best RB in the league, and one of the fastest WR in the league in Harvin. Throw in an above average Defense, and that was a good team before Ponder took over. The Vikes are better than the 2-5 record indicates having leads on SD, TB, and DET before losing at the end.

But yet they want to label Tebow as the worst QB in the history of the league after only 5 starts. He did look bad but I don't think it all falls on his shoulders. Bad offensive line with the exception of Clady, sh*tty RB, and not 1 play making receiver will not help your young QB succeed. I think Tebow could be successful with the right players around him. I doubt its in Denver though.

@ Xboxless: I think if the Texans make the playoffs, which they should, could be a dangerous team. Every year a team flies underneath the radar and surprises people. While everyone knows the Texans are talented I don't think many see them as a true contender. Unlike the NFC with one dominant team I think the AFC is wide open with the competition being a bit closer. I could def foresee a Steelers/Texans AFC Championship Game.

Funktipus
I think Tebow could be successful with the right players around him. I doubt its in Denver though.

Not unless he seriously works on his mechanics. They are woeful.

Pagelzilla

What the hell is wrong with Phillip Rivers? I can't believe how bad he looked yesterday. I'm not a Chargers fan and don't follow them too closely, but I thought he's supposed to be one of the better quarterbacks in the league. Now they're 4-3 and in a three way tie for first in the AFC West with Kansas City and Oakland.

I can easily see him throwing at least two INT's next Sunday to Charles Woodson

Edited: Thanks GTA3Rockstar blush.gif

Edited by Pagelzilla

GTA3Rockstar
.... Now they're 4-3 and in a three way tie for first in the AFC West with Arizona and Oakland.

Kansas City, not Arizona. tounge.gif

Yea, that was bad. I think Rivers is overrated in my opinion.

Senex Iunior

And there I thought I was the only believing that the media kisses his ass for no real reason. His best years were with Ladanian Tomlinson; coincidence?

Jonesizzle

They had the best offense last year.. No coincidence. He just isn't this "elite" quarterback a lot of analyst label him as, he also has a great head coach, a head coach who knows how to coach quarterbacks.

Funktipus
.... Now they're 4-3 and in a three way tie for first in the AFC West with Arizona and Oakland.

Kansas City, not Arizona. tounge.gif

Yea, that was bad. I think Rivers is overrated in my opinion.

It also doesn't help having Norv Turner in charge. Turner is a great offensive coordinator, but as a head coach, a leader of men, he leaves a lot to be desired. This team has underachieved so much, it's amazing he still has his job. Marty Schottenheimer was let go after a 14-2 finish.

cactus.

Our view from Sunday evening's slaughter of Dallas:

user posted image

Fly Eagles, fly, on the road to victory! Fight, Eagles fight, score a touchdown, one two three! Hit 'em low, hit 'em high, and watch out Eagles fly! Fly, Eagles fly, on the road to victory! E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles!

Senex Iunior
They had the best offense last year.. No coincidence. He just isn't this "elite" quarterback a lot of analyst label him as, he also has a great head coach, a head coach who knows how to coach quarterbacks.

Hah, no, that was 2006. Unstoppable. That described the Bolts in '06. Their two losses were each by three points apiece. Had it not been for some "Brady magic" (roll eyes), the Chargers would've demolished the Bears in the Super Bowl. Possibly the third best team never to go to a Super Bowl.

Jonesizzle

Hah, no, that was 2006. Unstoppable. That described the Bolts in '06. Their two losses were each by three points apiece. Had it not been for some "Brady magic" (roll eyes), the Chargers would've demolished the Bears in the Super Bowl. Possibly the third best team never to go to a Super Bowl.

No.. they had the best offense and defense last year, buddy.

Senex Iunior

Statistically, yes, but 9-7 versus 14-2? Come on. Jon Kitna threw for over 4000 yards in '06 and '07 with Detroit, and he's still not "elite".

Jonesizzle

Of course, statistically, what else? They averaged more yards than any other team, to me, that's the best offensive team in the league at least for the regular season.

Jon Kitna threw for over 4000 yards in '06 and '07 with Detroit, and he's still not "elite".

What's your point? I never claimed Philip Rivers was "elite" anyways. Not to mention Detroit had a horrible f*cking offense those both years, years prior and years afterwards.. until now.

Senex Iunior

My point is that statistics are a moot factor if you aren't winning games, especially when judging how potent a team is.

Jonesizzle

I agree, but that's why they have stats showing how many games you've won. A team could possibly go 0-16 and have the best offense in the league, they'll be the worst team in the league, but there's proof they have the best offense. Having the best offense doesn't mean you're the best, and having the best record doesn't mean you have the best offense. No doubt SD had the number one offense and defense last year, I believe they were one of the worst in giveaways.

Senex Iunior

True enough, then.

GTA3Rockstar
And there I thought I was the only believing that the media kisses his ass for no real reason. His best years were with Ladanian Tomlinson; coincidence?

Eh, give or take, been about the same with and without LT. 2010 was probably his best year, statistic wise but other than that, not that dependable. Same with Tony Romo.

Jonesizzle

It's hard to say this but I'd pick Rivers over Romo. Tony Romo is a great worker, but you just don't know if he is going to go out there and lose the game for you. He can play great the whole game, and make you lose literally... at the last second. I've never seen Phillip Rivers play like that Monday, but I've gotten use to Romo playing like that, but I still gotta have faith. He's been better than the past 20 quarterbacks we've had this decade.

I remember having faith in Quincy Carter, Chad Hutchinson, Drew Henson(what a f*cking dud), Randall Cunningham, Anthony Wright, Brad Johnson, Drew Bledsoe, Ryan Leaf and Clint Stoerner. I'm sure there is more..

Edited by DOOM!

B Rob

Id have to take Romo over Rivers because the Chargers went to the AFC Championship game a few years ago because of the players Rivers had around him. I think they've basically almost had the same career but Rivers has had a far better defense and offense around him. Sure Romo may have games where he completely loses it at the end but in general he throws more TDs and more yards. Neither are clutch either so I'm going with Tony.

Jonesizzle

At least Rivers made it to the Conference Championship though, something Mr. Romo hasn't been close to doing. We'll see, I think Romo has about 2-4 more years to prove he is worth the millions he is getting paid for.

tubbs51

So i guess the NFL and the Lions have announced that Nickleback will perform at halftime of the Lions Thanksgivings day game.... f*ck. suicidal.gif

Its either watch the Lions game and possibly suffer the halftime show or watch the 'Boys suffer the entire game... sounds like a typical Thanksgiving confused.gif

Jonesizzle

God, I feel like since the wonderful Janet Jackson "incident" they've been playing it safe with half-time performers. I'd prefer more tit exposing, and less skin floppers. Mick Jagger was more offensive than watching Jackson and Timberlake.

Senex Iunior
So i guess the NFL and the Lions have announced that Nickleback will perform at halftime of the Lions Thanksgivings day game.... f*ck. suicidal.gif

Its either watch the Lions game and possibly suffer the halftime show or watch the 'Boys suffer the entire game... sounds like a typical Thanksgiving confused.gif

Do what I do and nap during the halftime show.

Ah, l-tryptophan...