fireguy109

Should R* make a demo?  

140 members have voted

1. 1. Should R* make a demo?

• All devices - yes
    • Console only - yes
    • PC only - yes
    • None - no

Here's an interesting question- what about a demo?

Pros

Show fans possible new engine

Feedback for major bugs

Hype up community = more sales

Cons

See Below

Remember Mafia 2's demo? It was hacked days after its release. I did it too- hex line 004D6AE0, D9 56 4C to 90 90 90 ph34r.gifWith all the mod tools people make, what happens when the final is released and mods are made? People will download the demo and hack it into a full version for free. Big loss of sales. R* has never made a demo before, either.

So, what do you think? No demo, console only to stop hackers, or what? Or maybe some safeguards to stop hackers (Validate all files before it'll run correct)? Discuss, please.

Edited by fireguy109

pkmTc.gif

silentsharklol

They released a demo of GTA ctw for Ipod so I dont see why they cant do the sae for V (Even if it is hacked)

user posted image

GTA3Freak-2001

The 3D era GTA's have never had demos(exception being CTW for idevices) in fact virtually all Rockstar games haven't so I doubt they would start now. The main reason being probably the fact that GTA is a well established franchise that is a solid seller. They really don't need the benefit of demos to entice extra game sales.

Of course not. The first gameplay we legally got to see of GTA IV was on the day before the release, on IGN. Rockstar like to surprise, they probably wont release a lot of pre release trailers or gameplay, and especially not a Demo.

Mokrie Dela

Hell no. No demo. It will spoil it!

And what the hell's with the console only/PC only demo. Sorry but that's inviting fanboyism. sad.gif

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

087rqaU.pngVw81Z2a.pngxWvxZoT.png1fb6cYB.png

Click here to view my Poetry

C'mon it's GTA ffs. You wouldn't even need to look at a review to decide if you wanted to buy this or not. You already know the next gta will get 10/10's everywhere anyway. It is the greatest game franchise ever made imo, not one bad game. A demo won't swing anyone round to getting it.

Plus Rockstar would have to pay to place a demo on the psn/live. It costs publishers quite a bit of money just to get a demo out there.

Although I can't wait to see GTA V ( wow.gif ) I don't want a demo, because too much get revealed then. But you can be 100% sure they won't release one in the first place. They never did and will never do! wink.gif

Rabid GTA Gamer
Although I can't wait to see GTA V ( wow.gif ) I don't want a demo, because too much get revealed then. But you can be 100% sure they won't release one in the first place. They never did and will never do! wink.gif

I hear ya, though I voted for a demo... It could be a stripped down version that can't be modded to full version. That should be possible... bored.gif

NotoriousKiller
Here's an interesting question- what about a demo?

Pros

Show fans possible new engine

Feedback for major bugs

Hype up community = more sales

Cons

See Below

Remember Mafia 2's demo? It was hacked days after its release. I did it too- hex line 004D6AE0, D9 56 4C to 90 90 90 ph34r.gifWith all the mod tools people make, what happens when the final is released and mods are made? People will download the demo and hack it into a full version for free. Big loss of sales. R* has never made a demo before, either.

So, what do you think? No demo, console only to stop hackers, or what? Or maybe some safeguards to stop hackers (Validate all files before it'll run correct)? Discuss, please.

Well first off no and in your cons, you seem to think that protection will stop hackers. It won't and it never has and never will. I don't see why Rockstar wasted all that money on IV's protection in the first place. It was a waste of money.

Darkshade12

No, Making a demo takes away from the time they could be perfecting the game and also it would spoil the gameplay for me. I like to experience the game when i acctually buy it.

Narcis_speed6
Mafia 2's demo? It was hacked days after its release.

+That Mafia 2 most important feature was the story, which of course couldn't be implemented in demo,

About the gta, I prefer a version with everything in it from start.

Stuff I posted

Well first off no and in your cons, you seem to think that protection will stop hackers. It won't and it never has and never will. I don't see why Rockstar wasted all that money on IV's protection in the first place. It was a waste of money.

Well, I guess what I meant was hide the files or include some functionality that checks the contents of your folder at start up, compares it to the default files, and changes the edited ones so they're stock.

And what the hell's with the console only/PC only demo. Sorry but that's inviting fanboyism

That's not "fan-boy-ism", you [insulting noun], it's so that there is no hacking risk. Most people are too lazy to figure out a way to burn their Xbox or Playstation demos to computer, edit them, and burn them back. Its a non-hacking precaution.

pkmTc.gif

i dont think they should give a demo but just a bunch of teaser and promises a demo give to much away and for some people make them lose the hype and for such a big game there shouldnt be any risks

Tha Lunatic 510

should they? idk.. will they? hell no.. but I'll say this.. if they do, I'll be excited to be able to play the game a month or 2 before it releases.. but they don't have to because it's GTA.. all analysts are predicting the next GTA to be the highest selling game of all time and it's not even a bold prediction because Rockstar and Take2 knows they have an automatic gem on their hands with GTA.. this is why it's takin GTAV(?) so long to drop.. they're building up anticipation and in meanwhile releasing these games like Red Dead Redemption and LA Noire.. I personally believe they're using these games as tests to see if people like certain features these games have in them.. and then they'll apply them to the next GTA.. RDR got great feedback.. now it's LA Noire's turn

grandtheftautovideogamer

I don't think they should, because if R* releases anything they should release the GTA game itself. Nevermind a demo. That's just a waste.

jdrandall38

Rockstar is too dang secretive to have a beta version or something like that released. Look how much info we have gotten

thus far. Almost nothing. Thats what Rockstar (at least at the GTA level) are known for. And who knows, there are a lot

of people who would play the demo and then say "oh this game is going to suck," and not buy the actual game. Stupid, I

know, but that may be the reason they will never release a demo for a huge title game like this.

Killer.Khan

They've never done it before. I don't see them doing it anytime soon. GTA is one of those games that has never gotten a demo. R* is to secretive with GTA to release a demo. Plus, it would kind of ruin the game.

I wouldn't like a demo. One of my greatest pleasures in video games are he first minutes I play a new GTA, getting used to the new gameplay, feeling the new atmosphere, discovering the new city slowly. And of course the moment I put the DVD into the console. A demo would kill these first minutes I love so much.

Punk-in-Drublic

I don't like the idea to be honest. They have never done it before and I don't want them to start now. Mainly because the hype built up for GTA is unbelievable compared to other big games, demo's would take that away a bit I think.