ATI Display Drivers

Emotion98.3

Emotion98.3

Alright Here are my specs and i'll explain the Issue's I'm coming across.

Intel Motherboard DG41RQ

4GB RAM

Windows 7 Home Premium x64

ATI Radeon HD 5770 1gb (XFX) thru DVI

500gb HD (So...more than enough space)

Alright here are the issue's I'm coming accross, Now this is in PC Performance Tips since my problems are with GTA IV and EFLC, since my other games run fine (Except Sims 3 and Sometimes Dead Rising 2 will fuss up). Now Heres the situation, Im running it on a 27" 720p Olevia Television from like 2004. Now this LCD is pretty much old school since I run DVI and Audio through it since it does not run HDMI. But heres the thing, I had every driver up to date about a month ago, then BAM problems..

Here are the problem's I've been having

-Any resolution besides 1024x768 and 1280x720 DOES NOT WORK anymore, I'll get a blue screen that say "No Support" since obviously its a 1366x768 television, but before I was able to get 1280x1024 out of ANY of my games and it looked better since it had the AA look to it.

-Freeze's and restarts, Now that I have the new Drivers, one of my games (The Sims 3) does not support 720p and only 1024x768 which looks like CRAP on my monitor since it's all blurred, So i resorted to 1280x1024 which looks great...but alas...its not supported with the new Drivers.

Here was my strategy, I reinstalled Windows 7 (Just to see if that was the problem) and no...it was not :\

I got rid of ALL of ATI software and drivers and let windows do its thing and it updated to the new drivers....same problems

I did indeed find a fix today, but it's a pretty gay one turn.gif

Unistalled my 5770 from the Device's and got rid of all of ATI's stuff, Unplugged my internet connection, restarted my computer and it gave me the 10/26/2010 drivers which DO indeed let me use the resolutions in which I need to play my games. The only problem with this IS, I've got the random Grey screen freeze issue's from time to time turn.gif

This is bugging the crap outta me, any insight? My computer worked fine like a few months ago and played every game flawlessly, and still do. I have the Crysis 2 demo on my computer right now, and I'm playing that on Hardcore with No lag (And i have not gotten a grey screen on that, knock on wood). But whats the thing with GTA \=

Emotion98.3
Restore to the older drivers?

I have, but whats frustrating is that I can't go to newer drivers because of the resolution f*ck up. :\ Newer Drivers = Better Performance.

I had two Nvidia's cards that were freaking god on this monitor/tv :\ Why did I have to choose Price over Reliability sarcasm.gif

Ughhhh .___.

Something tells me I should go buy a 570 \: But it's odd, because Dead Rising 2 and Crysis 2 play like freaking god on the machine (Except for the occasion stutter on Dead Rising)...yet it can't play GTA IV Without causing a crap load of driver issue's .____.

Restore to the older drivers?

I have, but whats frustrating is that I can't go to newer drivers because of the resolution f*ck up. :\ Newer Drivers = Better Performance.

I had two Nvidia's cards that were freaking god on this monitor/tv :\ Why did I have to choose Price over Reliability sarcasm.gif

Ughhhh .___.

Something tells me I should go buy a 570 \: But it's odd, because Dead Rising 2 and Crysis 2 play like freaking god on the machine (Except for the occasion stutter on Dead Rising)...yet it can't play GTA IV Without causing a crap load of driver issue's .____.

Actually, for GTA 4 specifically, 10.10e are the best.