In front of Santa Maria safehouse

speedo1998

Helloooo everyone,

Has anyone noticed that weird wheel thing in front of the Santa Maria safehouse? (The one by the south-west beach in Los Santos)

http://img580.imageshack.us/i/gallery1p.jpg/

http://img222.imageshack.us/i/gallery2k.jpg/

http://img64.imageshack.us/i/gallery3q.jpg/

http://img828.imageshack.us/i/gallery4i.jpg/

Sorry for the bit of mess in the background but I think you can see what the thing I'm talking about is.

Any ideas on what it is? Any ideas on how to use it? (If any)

^Lol serious?^

Yes yes... and Area69 is a mod too sarcasm.gif

Fk that above

On my first time on santa maria, i noticed it at once. It is no mod as above said. Nvm...

I dont know myself what it is. It's a myth... lol only R* knows what that is.

Oh and you can't use it, it is only a map object. It's non destroyable, it's non driveable, it's non killable it's only ... like a building in GTA without interior or a normal rock

Edited by TheD199434

Fancy Pants beachs use them to Roll the sand smooth so they look nice.

Drift-Kingz

I always save at the Santa Maria safehouse and honestly, I've never noticed that.

Are you sure it's not a mod?

ChewylThaWeaselBoy

that is a mod.

i already search that rock models in gta sa but not find anything

sneaky2.gif

It is Not a Mod. I have it in PS2 and PC (second edition) games. It is just off the carpark south of the safe house.

user posted image

user posted image

icon14.gif

It is not a mod*. Lil Weasel is right, but not only do they smooth the sand - some companies use it to advertise their company by imprinting their logo into the sand.

*Before accusing people of faking something it would be much more helpful to look for it first. It's very easy to find.

I'm not accusing anyone of faking something deliberately. It's just that I remember another topic where a guy said that there was a Phoenix spawn location at the Doherty garage, and after some talk we discovered that he was using a chain game save and he had mistakenly thought that the Phoenix spawned there in normal gameplay. I thought this was something similar.

I suppose I'll have to check again that beach. Seriously, I've never seen that thing.

I'm not accusing anyone of faking something deliberately. It's just that I remember another topic where a guy said that there was a Phoenix spawn location at the Doherty garage, and after some talk we discovered that he was using a chain game save and he had mistakenly thought that the Phoenix spawned there in normal gameplay. I thought this was something similar.

Just a heads up, that was me that accidentally made that mistake in that topic-I was so used to using Chain Game Starter saves, that I forgot what the normally unmodded game was like. I have used a Chain Game starter save everytime I start a new game, so I don't remember/notice the difference sometimes between the Chain Game added stuff and the normal game things-lol lol.giftounge2.gif

on-topic-Yea, that is in the normal game, as I remember seeing that in the PS2 Greatest Hits and Trilogy pack versions(V2 PC equivalent).

I never seen that before, but I don't spend much time around that beach or safehouse. I think I'd definitely notice it if it was there in my game though.

I have the Xbox version though and never seen it there. I had the PS2 version but that was long ago and I can't check since both my PS2 died and my PS2 version of the game got scratched up. whatsthat.gif

It would really be useful if instead of Players saying "I don't remember"; To open the game up and actually Look.

Players... Post your game consold, (PC, Xbox, PS2, etc.) with the Results, not the guess.

As I have said, On PC (second edition) Yes it is there icon14.gif, On PS2 Yes it is there icon14.gif.

Interesting...so half the people here say I have downloaded a mod that puts a giant cylindrical rock in front of my safehouse LOL

Well thanks for explaining that its a beach smoother.

If only I could use that to mow everyone down on the beach devil.gif Oh well, combine harvester + crowd = fun as well

Make a person wonder if 'Eye Witness' accounts can really be relied upon smile.gif

Amazing the number of people who will testify without bothering to go take a look icon14.gif

I have the Xbox version though and never seen it there

Trust me, its there. I have the Xbox and PS2 version.

• 7 months later...

<<<MERGED from a 'new' Topic >>>

I don't know where I should post this but what a heck..

http://i49.tinypic.com/1pt3c6.jpg

What the hell is this that is next to Carl and what is the purpose from R* of adding that into the game?

A big stone roller with some strange glyphs near the beach house in Los Santos. Have been thinking about this and its purpose since I saw it the first time back in 2004...

Edited by lil weasel

It looks like some sort of cart but with egyptian writing or hieroglyphs, maybe just some historical decoration.

image.png

GTANet | Red Dead Network | 🌲

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

the beginning is moments ago, the end is moments away 

this has been posted before. It is a sand smoother.

True, It's NOT a mod. No offence but are you noobs or something?

I even sow that in real life, it makes sand smoother, Like LW said above.

It's just added for randomness/fun, or realism.

Edited by lol232

• 5 months later...
Cole Phelps Gta

I'm going to check. I bet its a mod. Well I'm back. It's legit I'm playing on ps2. Nice discovery never noticed it before. I got some ballas looking for a fight but I have it paused I'm going to hurt them..

#HEEL

You're too cowardly to even take the heat for it from the people you troll, instead running to the moderators wasting our time with sh*t you started. GTFO.

#BANHAMMER