RSS Feeds

Long Haired Freaky Guy

Long Haired Freaky Guy

I kinda need some friendly help on RSS Feeds, and didn't know if this topic should go in PC or Web Design chat, so I thought I'd post it here and give the mods some work to do.

Anyway, am using Firefox and I see that it allows you to have RSS Feeds in your bookmarks, plus I now have an RSS Feed ticker scrolling across the screen. The only thing is, am having trouble finding decent feeds to sign up to. I thought I had found some sites that allow you to just click 'subscribe' and all would be done, but nope, it told me to download extra tools or other sh*t like that.

I was just wondering, is there a site out there with a compiled list of RSS Feeds that allow you to just click subscribe and all is done for you? Or does anyone already have some Feeds set up and wish sharing them?

Am looking for feeds on everything really, be good to easy access to topics on absolutely everything.

I used to use RSS systems a lot for keeping abreast of current affairs and incidents- however, I've never used anything embedded- I've always used Feed Demon (available here). As for feeds, what kind of thing are you looking for?

Untitled-1.jpg
AMD Ryzen 5900X (4.7GHz All-Core PBO2) | Gigabye X570S Pro | 32GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB 3600MHz CL16

EK-Quantum Reflection D5 | XSPC D5 PWM | TechN CPU Blocks | HardwareLabs GTS & GTX 360 Radiators
Corsair AX750 | Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic XL | ASUS RTX 4080 TUF @2970MHz | Sabrant Rocket Plus 1TB
Sabrant Rocket 2TB | Samsung 970 Evo 1TB | 2x ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Q Acoustics 2010i | Sabaj A4

Long Haired Freaky Guy
I used to use RSS systems a lot for keeping abreast of current affairs and incidents- however, I've never used anything embedded- I've always used Feed Demon (available here). As for feeds, what kind of thing are you looking for?

I've only just started using RSS Feeds, so I thought it would be easier to use embedded ones for now, so that they are constantly within easy reach.

Basically at the moment I have a couple of Football ones, and some IGN and Gamespot ones, but am just looking for anything really. I spend half of my time on the internet just reading random articles about anything, from current affairs to the latest technology.

What do these seperate RSS readers do? I mean, are they totally seperate programs that you need to open to get the feeds and such?

I've only just started using RSS Feeds, so I thought it would be easier to use embedded ones for now, so that they are constantly within easy reach.

Basically at the moment I have a couple of Football ones, and some IGN and Gamespot ones, but am just looking for anything really. I spend half of my time on the internet just reading random articles about anything, from current affairs to the latest technology.

What do these seperate RSS readers do? I mean, are they totally seperate programs that you need to open to get the feeds and such?

Yeah, demon is a seperate program. We used to use it because it was really easy to pick up on events- you can program search paramiters into it so it pulls up all reports with a single key word in. Very useful when mapping or working out frequencies of things like pattens of suicide bombings in Iraq, or hijackings off the coast of Somalia. As for sources, some of the ones we used were subscription-only; Janes Defence Weekly, StratFor, Lloyds Update, that kind of thing. The good old BBC was probably one of the best- they've got lots of different feeds for different segments of their business so you can be selective about what you subscribe to.

Untitled-1.jpg
AMD Ryzen 5900X (4.7GHz All-Core PBO2) | Gigabye X570S Pro | 32GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB 3600MHz CL16

EK-Quantum Reflection D5 | XSPC D5 PWM | TechN CPU Blocks | HardwareLabs GTS & GTX 360 Radiators
Corsair AX750 | Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic XL | ASUS RTX 4080 TUF @2970MHz | Sabrant Rocket Plus 1TB
Sabrant Rocket 2TB | Samsung 970 Evo 1TB | 2x ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Q Acoustics 2010i | Sabaj A4