I'm Having Problems Again!Game is slow, weird and

cidamelo

Hi friends! I'm very sad, because I'm having problems with GTA IV again. I was having problems with stuttering, so I made this topic http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=470513 but then I put all the settings on max and I had no problems anymore! The game was great: no stuttering, and good graphics. So today I was playing, and the game started to get slow, and with worst graphics. And after some time, some colorful dots started to appear in the screen (but they disappeared fast) and textures were too slow to load. I don't know what went wrong!! sad.gif Everything was so great!!! cryani.gif Help me friends, what can I do to make my game be faster? My computer wasn't hot, and I've just changed my graphics card and my PSU, and I also bought a new cooler. HELP ME!! sad.gif

CPU: Intel Quad2Core 8200 2.33 GHz

Graphic card: ATI Radeon HD 5770 (with 11.2 Catalyst)

RAM: 4 GB

My game is GTA IV bought on a store!! sad.gif

It's very probably the GPU overheated. You should check the working temperatures, with something like Hardware Monitor.

mkey82 but the strange thing, is that, when I start the game, it's slow, then with the time, it becomes slower, and after more time, it became faster notify.gifnotify.gif I don't understand it, because I was playing the game very well, suddenly it became bad!! I'll download this hardware monitor!

Friends I think my HD is dying!!! When I was posting it, my computer restart and said: "DISK BOOT FAILURE INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER", and after sometime I could restart it, but this is so strange, I am worried, what can I do???

Edited by cidamelo

Driftking120

might be the hard drive, back when i was on a very old computer it had those symtoms then after a month or two it gave out, also it could be the graphics card as colorful dots are a warning sign mabye you got a faulty video card or something? also their is a slight chance it could be the mainboard going out, do you clean out your computer often, as dust can increase tempratures greatly, do you have another computer in the house, if you do then you could probably swap its hard drive into your computer and see if it still happens, id sugest running the computer with one side of the case off as this can help get more fresh air into the computer. hope your computer gets fixed smile.gif

Yes I think my HD is dying...again sad.gifsad.gif But I've changed my HD in August/10, so it isn't old cryani.gif And I've just bought the new video card!! And my computer is clean, it was cleaned 2 weeks ago. The temperature of CPU and GPU is around 50 degrees when I'm playing GTA. I have another computer, but I'm afraid to change HDs, I am afraid to brake it sad.gif And thank you for the help!! lol.gif

Like DriftKing said, that message suggests a HDD or a motherboard problem, even though I doubt the flashing spots you have been getting are caused by a faulty HDD.

It's also possible, that due to lack of power, your system refuses to start properly, at random occasions. What kind of power supply do you have?

mkey82 the colorful dots dissapeared, I had this problem just two times. I've just changed my PSU, my PSU is Real 450 W. I think the problem is HD, because one time my HD died and the same sympthoms appeared sad.gif