'Handling' Files

an angry nutter

an angry nutter

First mod i've ever done, got the model of the patriot changed to a Humvee H1 that i downloaded, and now i'm trying to edit the handling file.

I have replaced the standard patriot handling with the one provided with the mod, but it won't let me save. i think its got something to do with permissions, but i cant remember how to change them.

Any help?

Edit: i'm getting this error when i try to save it:

http://img853.imageshack.us/i/errorx.jpg/

And this when I click OK:

http://img824.imageshack.us/i/error2m.jpg/

Edited by an angry nutter

Edit the file in notepad, and try save in other folder name it 'handling.dat'. Change save file type to all files and save it.

And always keep a backup.

an angry nutter
Edit the file in notepad, and try save in other folder name it 'handling.dat'. Change save file type to all files and save it.

Tried saving the file under 'all file types', but still getting the 'read only error' confused.gif

Tried saving the file under 'all file types', but still getting the 'read only error' confused.gif

change the name but keep the .dat it.

mr. Anonymous

Do you have Xliveless in your gta iv root directory & have you patched the game? If so, save it to another folder, then copy & replace the original handling.dat. Don't forget to back up all of the files you edit.