Problem playing games

iLiR

Hi people. I hope u can help me sorting this problem biggrin.gif

Ok So I have problem playing games. Every game that I play is lagging, even a small one and it freaks me out! I have a good computer, and here are the system specifications:

CPU:

AMD Sempron Processor 140 Processor

CPU Speed:

2.7 GHz

RAM:

1024 MB

Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 (build 2600)

Video Card:

GeForce 7025 / nForce 630a 512 MB, with pixel and vertex shader version 3.0

CD-ROM:

TSSTcorp CD/DVDW SH-S182D

So far, I think my machine can play games with no lagging. I remember when I was having the old computer, with 256 MB RAM, and changed the graphic card with Radeon 512 MB, I played Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare, which is a heavy game and I didn't meet with minimum requirements. But when I installed Call of Duty in this computer, it was very lagging, and every other game, which I don't know why. I defragmented my computer, scanned for viruses, but it's same!

I think the problem stays in video card. But I'm expecting from you some answers and advices!

Edited by ilir

I wouldn't refer to that system as 'good' at all, and the one you refer to as 'old', I'd say was ancient. What you feel or think that your system is capable of, is rather irrelevant when talking performance.

The Sempron has never been a processor suitable for gaming, and your single gigabyte of RAM is not much use these days.

leik oh em jeez!

You need to upgrade your graphics card for better performance in games. I would recommend an 8800GT/9800GT, or HD4850.

You need to upgrade your graphics card for better performance in games. I would recommend an 8800GT/9800GT, or HD4850.

He would need a lot more then just a graphic card like that

leik oh em jeez!

I didn't say he was going to be able to max out Crysis. He's using onboard. Any card more powerful than the ones I listed would be pointless given the rest of his system. a 9800GT would balance the system out more, and much improve gaming performance.