FPS is limited to ~50 fps?

Alazerum

It's like there's no difference if I put options at max settings (with night shadows turned off ofc) or if I set it low, I get around ~50 fps. Maybe down 2-3 fps if I set settings to lower values. That doesn't make any sense. Why is there so little to no difference when I change settings from low values to almost highest? It doesn't affect FPS at all.

Maybe I should manually set max refresh rate (75)? Maybe by default it's set to 60 (-refreshrate –frameLimit to commandline.txt in game folder)? Who knows... It really gets me off that I can't past beyond 55 fps no matter what I try.

5770, Windows 7 x64

before you say my videocard can't afford more fps, I want to assure you that at low settings and resolution the videocard's performance is at the same level as if I set settings at high.

I wouldn't be bothered with fps if it wasn't up to me playing in multiplayer mode once in a while.

p.s. Also, where can I see default values for the option: -percentvidmem. Although, I have a suspicion that it's 60. Or is it uncalled for? As when I change its value ingame it's automatically sets this option value to 75 as well? Oh yeah, right.

And if I set value for –frameLimit to 0 (–frameLimit 0) this setting no longer will be limiting game's fps?

Edited by Alazerum

Which patch are you on? When I was using 1.0.4.0 my frames never went much higher than 50. On 1.0.7.0 it will hit 60+ depending on the area of the map etc.

Edited by slowride

Bernard Jazz

Sounds like you've got vsync on. If that's the case then turning it off will remove any fps limit.