San Andreas lag

DustyRider

ey, I have a prob with SA

I recently bought a HP laptop with win7 and my SA slow's down near las venturas areas like it couldn't handle the stuff loading in the distance, it don't have the problem with LS or SF or anywhere else in the state, even when I drop the settings to minimum it still slows down.

So any ideas whats wrong?

Windows 7 32bit

Proc Intel core i3 2.40ghz x2

2gb ram

intel hd graphics core i3

I mean I can play fallout 3 with no problems for cryin' out loud and it can't handle soon to be 7yr old game

silent_hill_fog_signature_animated_by_ta

Just a few questions:

• Do you use mods?
  • Where have you got your game from?
  • Do you use cracks?

Dead (Retired)

Try getting rid of the mods. They usually mess up your game-play. Have you tried uninstalling them?

Dead (Retired)

yea I've tried the game without mods and still had the problem

even tried turn of few things in task manager to gain more memory and turn SA to high priority

plus in my graphic card turned texture quality to low

that too, as i said I can play fallout 3, nfs undercover but it can't handle SA?

before that I had a toshiba l305 with some low end ATI graphic card and it had no problems

Reinstall the game and delete the gta_sa.set file from the User Files folder. Don't install any mods and check if it makes any difference.

If that doesn't help, then try switching video drivers. Since SA is an old game, newer drivers might not necessarily work well with it. If you're on the latest driver, rollback to an older driver.

it says I cant roll back maybe cuz I have a laptop so i'm stuck sh*t

and I've deleted .set and still no change

Please don't double post. Use the EDIT button if you feel like adding anything to your previous post.

You can't rollback because you hadn't installed any drivers before so your system can't locate them. You'll have to manually download an older driver version, then uninstall your current video driver and install the older ones.

I told U I have a laptop and I can't install or uninstall sh*t (when it comes to video card drivers)

so looks like there's no solution to my problem... ehh

What has the laptop got to do with you being unable to install/uninstall drivers? Or do you mean that you're not aware of how to go about changing drivers? If that's the case, then just follow these steps:

1. Download and install Driver Sweeper.

2. Run the application, check the appropriate display driver and proceed with uninstallation.

3. Visit Intel's site (Click here), select the options corresponding to your video card and choose a driver to download.

4. Install the downloaded video driver and you're done.

I've tried that few days ago and it said that my laptop is not compatible (in other word there's no driver update for my HP)

and I can't roll back cuz' there's nothing to rollback 2 since there was no update

Can you tell me exactly which Intel video card do you have?

If you're not sure, download GPU-Z from here and check.

ok it works, idk how but I've installed the new W7 service pack 1 and it works.

so thanks for helping.

... eee lock this topic?ey