What is a Graphic's Card to run GTA IV max setting

N0STurboMAX

Hi. I'm Shahin & I'm buying a new Graphic's Card. Can any one let me know a good Graphic's Card for a laptop to run GTA IV on it's max settings? Thanks.

Most laptops are not upgradeable. If your laptop is not upto the mark for GTA IV, then I'm afraid there's nothing you can do.

Still, tell us the make and model of your laptop and we can tell you whether its upgradeable or not.

YankeesPwnMets

Get a new desktop. You don't need to be playing GTA IV on the go. When your on vacation, get outside and do something else instead of playing games on a laptop.

Here are all of the desktop graphic cards that I can think of that will easily run GTA IV maxed out with a good CPU like an Core i5. You can pick depending on your budget.

For desktop, I would recommend: '

$279.99 Radeon 5870 2GB edition

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...2-888-_-Product

$259.99 GTX 470

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...0-550-_-Product

$276.99 Radeon 6950

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...2-914-_-Product

$349.99 GTX 570

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...0-593-_-Product

$359.99 Radeon 6970

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...3-182-_-Product

$419.99 GTX 480

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...0-558-_-Product

$499.99 GTX 580

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...0-587-_-Product

In terms of performance: (weakest to strongest)

GTX 470, Radeon 5870 2GB, Radeon 6950, GTX 480, Radeon 6970, GTX 570 (6970 and 570 are pretty much same in performance), GTX 580

I don't know any card cheaper then a GTX 470 that will run GTA IV maxed

*If your laptop is upgradable, then I believe a nVidia GTX 460m 1.5 GB will run GTA IV maxed

YankeesPwnMets

A Mobility Radeon 5870 can't handle maxed because there isn't enough video RAM to handle maxed settings. A GTX 485M can handle maxed though

Most laptops are not upgradeable. If your laptop is not upto the mark for GTA IV, then I'm afraid there's nothing you can do.

Still, tell us the make and model of your laptop and we can tell you whether its upgradeable or not.

General Information: I have a Toshiba Satelite L550 (Laptop), Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit, The Processor is Pentium® Dual-Core CPU T4300 @ 2.10GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.10GHz, Installed memory (RAM) 4.00 GB (3.84 GB usable), DirectX Version: DirectX 11.

Graphic's Card Information: Mobile Intel® 4 Series Express Chipset Family, Screen is 1600 x 900 (32 Bit) (60Hz), DAC Type: Internal, Moniter: Generic PnP Moniter.

That's the Spec's I found.

YankeesPwnMets

I read up on L550, and I read that it either comes with a 90 Watt or 65 Watt PSU. Honestly, I don't think that will provide enough power for any high end mobile graphics cards. Also a Pentium CPU isn't enough for GTA IV, so it would be a waste of money to try and upgrade this laptop. Upgrading this thing will most likely cost more then getting a new desktop. Laptop parts are extremely pricey

Edited by YankeesPwnMets

I read up on L550, and I read that it either comes with a 90 Watt or 65 Watt PSU. Honestly, I don't think that will provide enough power for any high end mobile graphics cards. Also a Pentium CPU isn't enough for GTA IV, so it would be a waste of money to try and upgrade this laptop. Upgrading this thing will most likely cost more then getting a new desktop. Laptop parts are extremely pricey

Read the rest?

YankeesPwnMets

Read the rest?

I read the instruction manual. The only thing that is shows how to upgrade is the memory DIMMs. Very few laptops are upgradable, and if you somehow find out it is, your most likely going to have to disassemble the entire laptop and put it back together. Unless your job is to do this for customers every day, I highly doubt that you would be able to reassemble the entire thing back into working state.

N0STurboMAX

Read the rest?

I read the instruction manual. The only thing that is shows how to upgrade is the memory DIMMs. Very few laptops are upgradable, and if you somehow find out it is, your most likely going to have to disassemble the entire laptop and put it back together. Unless your job is to do this for customers every day, I highly doubt that you would be able to reassemble the entire thing back into working state.

Is mine upgradable? That's what I would like to know.

Nope, that laptop is not upgradeable when it comes to video card.

Rabid GTA Gamer

Please beware the Radeon HD 6950 (the entire 6900 series) have the "Green Rain Glitch"... The rain looks like green sparks! catspider.gif That's with EFLC, but in GTA4 it's a different color sometimes...

Imma post a new topic in the GTA4 troubleshooting forum ASAP... (With screenshots)

OverTheBelow
Please beware the Radeon HD 6950 (the entire 6900 series) have the "Green Rain Glitch"... The rain looks like green sparks! catspider.gif That's with EFLC, but in GTA4 it's a different color sometimes...

Imma post a new topic in the GTA4 troubleshooting forum ASAP... (With screenshots)

Only because the 6000 series drivers pretty much suck c*ck right now.

DU8afL0.jpg

manueljenkin95
Hi. I'm Shahin & I'm buying a new Graphic's Card. Can any one let me know a good Graphic's Card for a laptop to run GTA IV on it's max settings? Thanks.

Hey, get a Palit Geforce GTX 560 Ti 2GB edition for a desktop.

As far as I have read, GTA IV is unplayable at full resolution using an i5 Laptop.

You may have to spend a lot on the GTX 470 Mobility Edition or GTX 480 Mobility Edition 2GB, too costly with which you can not expect performance equivalent to what the GTX 560 Ti would do for a desktop.

If the GTX 560 ( about 279.99 $ in newegg and amazon ) is too costly for you, look for the Radeon HD 5870 2GB. 2GB graphics cards are adviced for running GTA IV at max.

I too am gonna buy a new pc but a desktop.

i7 2600K processor,

Asus P8P67 Pro or Deluxe motherboard,

GTX 560 TI 2GB Palit + Msi Geforce 9600 GT as physx card.

8GB 1600Mhz Corsair Dominator RAM.