What zombies games do you like?

killer24

vinnygorgeous

I've only just invested in an X Box but the first games I've purchased for it are the 2 Left 4 Deads and the first Dead Rising but having only really just started on them and as a loyal Playstation man I’d have to say the Resident Evil series thru out all the versions of PS's. I love Dead Rising 2 on the PS3 too. Nazi Zombies within the COD games is good too and oh probably my absolute favourite is Undead Nightmare, that is perfection other than the story being a bit too short but as you can roam the West killing zombies - who cares!

The Lolwut Pear

Left 4 Dead series, Plants vs. Zombies, the Half-Life series (If it counts, it does have zombies) and Undead Nightmare.

General Goose

I'm a massive zombie fan. For me, Dead Rising 2, the L4D series, Undead Nightmare and Plants v Zombies.

TommyMufc-Champs

Left For Dead Series

Dead Rising series

Read Dead Redemption Undead Nightmare

Resident Evil Series

The Resident Evil Series owns all da Zombie gamez & movies. cool.gif

Gonna have to agree with you there (about the games, not the movies...).

Resident Evil 2 was the first Resident Evil game that I played and has remained my favorite game of all time. Well, actually that's a tie between MGS and RE2 tounge.gif .

• 2 weeks later...
vinnygorgeous

I recently purchased Shell Shock 2 for the 360 which is basically a FPS in Vietnam blended with zombie survival horror. If like me the concept of such a game gets you salivating over your controller, ignore the very vocal critics of this game. It is not one of the worst games ever - if your into zombies.

Sure the combat element isn't very strong but the zombies look good and they are fun to kill with M16s/M60s/AK's shotguns etc. It also does a good job of building atmosphere in my opinion. Visually its influenced by Apocalypse Now with psychedelic undertones and although it is a bit dark in places there are many great qualities to make up for the more obvious failings - the way the men move, the controls take some getting used to etc.

One review I read said: "If you’re fascinated with the Vietnam war and have a zombie fetish you'd be better spending your money on something else." - maybe not a word for word quote but it was along those lines but my question as someone who fulfils both requirements is spend it on what? I'll happily buy every game they make that combines Vietnam with zombies but until someone else does that I'll continue to love the game everyone else wants to hate.

Anyone with me on this?

Yeah its gotta be L4D2, I liked Dead Rising but thought it grew boring.

I don't like the overall japanese style to games anyway, so that gets negatives in that aspect too. but it is a good game.

Undead Nightmare is close to being what I've always wanted from a Zombie game, free-roaming with random encounters/events.

if it was a dedicated game, set in a city with countryside too instead of the RDR map, it would sell man, blatently.

of course Resi Evil is always good too.

RIP Rockstar Games

1998 - 2021

DonkeyEatingCheese

L4D series, Dead Rising 2, Plants vs Zombies, Stubbs the Zombie,

Zombie Island of Dr.Ned(Borderlands), House of Dead (loved this game back when i was 8 and used to play it in two player with my cousin)

RDR Undead Nightmare, Halo 3 (flood can be considered as zombies), CoD Black Ops.

What's up with people calling CoD games as zombie games? Yeah, sure, they have zombie modes, and they are fun, but can they be considered as games?

And what the f*ck, Halo 3??

Left 4 Dead and Left 4 Dead 2, if they qualify as "zombie games".

Siren: Blood Curse was also pretty good.

Harwood Butch3r

Undead Nightmare: Probably the best atmosphere out of any zombie game I've ever played.

For R* first attempt it was bloody good.