Which storyboard is your favourite? [SPOILERS]

II Goonah II

Which is your favourite?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your favourite?

• Niko's story
    • Johnny's story
    • Luis' story

I was curious to see which of the three storyboard people enjoyed the most. Me personally, i'd have to go with The Lost & Damned, I just love Johnny's attitude to everything, and some of the stuff he says is priceless ("what am I? your f*cking dog!"). Also, the whole gang culture is cool aswell, and Billy Grey, even though he's one back stabbing idiot, he says some brilliant stuff too.

However, I do also love Niko's story aswell, and I think in some ways I do prefer it and I always put alot of time and effort into completing his side of the story, and not to mention Niko has to be the coolest GTA main character ever but something about The Lost wins it over for me. The Ballad of Gay Tony I do love aswell, but I don't really enjoy playing as Luis, he's hard to connect with, I see him as just a tough guy who gets a lot of women, nothing more.

What's your thoughts people?

Finn 7 five 11

I liked Jonny's story too, (use spoilers) i got so much satisfaction from f*cking brian over and getting payback on that snitch billy

I also thought the ending was brilliant.

for some reason i just like TBOGT the best. probly because it's still fresh in my head. Niko's story was really long and (dare I say it) kinda bored me, and i couldn't really get into the whole theme of TLAD. Don't get me wrong I still like those stories too, just not as much as the last. smile.gif

I liked Jonny's story too, (use spoilers) i got so much satisfaction from f*cking brian over and getting payback on that snitch billy

I also thought the ending was brilliant.

Yeah that's true, great ending.

Niko's story is the best because he does some pretty outstanding missions that are given by some interesting characters. Also, his dark and mysterious background just makes his entire storyline much better. biggrin.gif

Luis' story is the second best because of the insanse sh*t he does during missions. But it falls short to Niko's because the characters Luis is surrounded by. For example, Henrique, Armando, Tony, etc. are sort of boring to watch and listen to. smile.gif

Johnny's story is third because it is not all that exciting and pretty dull. It's not so fun to take the role of a person with no sense of character. Also, the rest of the Lost are pretty sleepy too. Johnny's missions are really all alike, in my opinion. bored.gif

The Lolwut Pear

The Lost and Damned gets my vote. Why? Because Johnny was the protagonist I most connected to. The downfall of The Lost MC and the excelelnt tie-ins which felt true and faithful to the story.

The main story of IV would get my vote for second place, showing us the rise and fall of Niko Bellic in the harsh and brutal world of Liberty City. His sense of vengeance and his witty sarcasm and cynicism made him a like-able protagonist.

The Ballad Of Gay Tony was...forced, in my opinion. I never connected to Luis, aside from the fact that I'm Hispanic as-well. The game was just built around the glitzy gimmicks. Sure, I loved dancing and the nightlife, but the explosive shotguns and golden SMGs I couldn't take. The story and characters had virtually no connections to their portrayal in previous stories. Where's the Gomez brothers? Where's Willy Valerio? Where's a Luis that commonly spoke in spanish? Where's Bulgarin as a brutal Russian gangster? Where's the entire Ancelotti family?

Another thing that ticked me off was that the crossovers felt unconnected to the story and forced in terms of gameplay and story...Luis and Tony never cared for Gracie ,so I found Ladies Half-Price to be a useless mission, and Frosting On The Cake felt very, very forced.

The Ballad Of Gay Tony was...forced, in my opinion. I never connected to Luis, aside from the fact that I'm Hispanic as-well. The game was just built around the glitzy gimmicks. Sure, I loved dancing and the nightlife, but the explosive shotguns and golden SMGs I couldn't take. The story and characters had virtually no connections to their portrayal in previous stories. Where's the Gomez brothers? Where's Willy Valerio? Where's a Luis that commonly spoke in spanish? Where's Bulgarin as a brutal Russian gangster? Where's the entire Ancelotti family?

Another thing that ticked me off was that the crossovers felt unconnected to the story and forced in terms of gameplay and story...Luis and Tony never cared for Gracie ,so I found Ladies Half-Price to be a useless mission, and Frosting On The Cake felt very, very forced.

Agreed. The game is called ''Ballad of Gay Tony for a reason. I always felt the game is about his life and not Luis. Luis has a lack of a backstory.

The Lost and Damned gets my vote. Why? Because Johnny was the protagonist I most connected to. The downfall of The Lost MC and the excelelnt tie-ins which felt true and faithful to the story.

The main story of IV would get my vote for second place, showing us the rise and fall of Niko Bellic in the harsh and brutal world of Liberty City. His sense of vengeance and his witty sarcasm and cynicism made him a like-able protagonist.

I couldn't of said it better myself my friend. And what you said about The Ballad of Gay Tony was so true, all the over exagerated equipment really annoyed me. The golden UZI isn't so bad, but exploding shells and god knows whatever else? no thank you Rockstar. They really should have kept it more gritty and not so 'fantasy' like.

Niko's story gave me shivers

Luis's story gave me happy thoughts in the beginning, wierd thoughts in the end

Johnny's story gave me thoughts that his life is hard

II Goonah II
Niko's story gave me shivers

Luis's story gave me happy thoughts in the beginning, wierd thoughts in the end

Johnny's story gave me thoughts that his life is hard

I know what you mean, sort of.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd have to vote on Johnny's storyboard only because of the attitude in it. Niko and Luis' didn't cut it for me.

• 2 weeks later...
toni cinpriani

I have to go for Luis' story just because I really like this guy, I think he's kust very funny. Also I like Henrique and Armando and also Yusuf. It had THE greatest characters + a story ine that 's like some sort of movie.

I'd have to say TLaD/Johnny. Not much of a competition for me as I didn't like Niko's story at all, and barely got to know Luis when compared to the others.

I liked Niko's story the most. His cynical outlook on life really helped me get into his story better and really made the whole experience much more enjoyable for me. I just felt I was able to connect better than with the other two stories.

ayushisrocking

In my opinion, Niko's story was the best. One cannot ignore the way a person has to 'struggle', by whatever means necessary in order to end up living a good life in a city like LC. Also, the story always made me think as to what was to happen next. However, I didn't use to like Niko's "I NEED MONEY AND THAT TOO OF A GOOD AMOUNT FOR HELPING YOU"-kind of attitude, but that's in another context.

BOGT's story wasn't bad either, plus, the missions tended to be quite interesting at times.[e.g the mission regarding Bulgarin n the corrupt NOOSE]. Such incidents make you realize how crude the world is, in reality..

TLAD had a good story too, however, i'm not much into biker gangs and stuff related to them..