How sensitive are Xbox's?

An Average Username

An Average Username

Hey people, it's kind of a random question. But today, I bought an Xbox Slim 4GB as I plan to swap the hard-drive when I get enough money as that's cheaper than spending another £50 or whatever. I'm a little worried as to how sensitive Xbox's are. For instance, it's a well-known fact that if you move your Xbox whilst a disk's inside, it'll give the disc a circular scratch and completely ruin the disc. I was wondering how far this sensitivity goes? And not that I would, but just as an example. Would jumping on the spot cause the discs to become unstable and scratch, if I was to slam a door, would this give the same effect? As long as the Xbox itself doesn't physically move that much, should it be safe from any scratching? Thanks.

It is kinda' tricky with an Xbox 360,I have been researching all of the good and bad spots of the Xbox for a year now aswell as the PS3.

There are some issues that can real make you mad.

The sensitivity is one thing the others are weaker hardware but the online pays up for everything.

An Average Username

Whilst that's great and all, how far does the sensitivity thing go? Sorry to almost come across as if I have OCD or something, but it's prying on my mind. I hate using things if it's prone to breaking, even if I genuinely think I'm doing nothing wrong.

Whilst that's great and all, how far does the sensitivity thing go? Sorry to almost come across as if I have OCD or something, but it's prying on my mind. I hate using things if it's prone to breaking, even if I genuinely think I'm doing nothing wrong.

Try this,

Just typing 'Xbox 360 scratch test' into Youtube will come up with loads of videos showing this.

Finn 7 five 11

Well i have never scratched disc using my PS3, i have shifted it around while its playing numerous times, even if you do bump it hard and the disc comes out of the slot, blu ray discs are much much much harder to scratch so it is unlikely you would scratch your disc.

(but thats PS3)

to answer your question, it will not scratch discs unless you bump it.

Well i have never scratched disc using my PS3, i have shifted it around while its playing numerous times, even if you do bump it hard and the disc comes out of the slot, blu ray discs are much much much harder to scratch so it is unlikely you would scratch your disc.

(but thats PS3)

to answer your question, it will not scratch discs unless you bump it.

Yeah, the console its self has to move (quite a bit as well) and if it moves that much by slamming your door, I'd consider moving house!

If it helps. I have never had an issue with my xbox(s). Even when jumping around during kinect games. I'm probably jinxing myself, but I've never had one RROD or anything.