Mortal Kombat has been banned

Linki

The only thing that should be banned is censorship.

Agreed. A government should have better things to be doing. Not to mention the fact that it has never been proven that violent games make you aggresive (of course, there have been studies with an outcome of "if you take away an addict's videogames, he'll get more angry than someone who doesn't play videogames" - I kid you not!)

Yeah, I remember a news story where some kid killed his mom because she didn't let him play Counter-Strike.

Minus the Boom

Agreed. A government should have better things to be doing. Not to mention the fact that it has never been proven that violent games make you aggresive (of course, there have been studies with an outcome of "if you take away an addict's videogames, he'll get more angry than someone who doesn't play videogames" - I kid you not!)

Yeah, I remember a news story where some kid killed his mom because she didn't let him play Counter-Strike.

Yeah but that's just the thing though - that's a one in a million incident. When videogames provide a distraction for children with cancer you don't read about that in the newspaper.

Yeah but that's just the thing though - that's a one in a million incident. When videogames provide a distraction for children with cancer you don't read about that in the newspaper.

Yeah I'm not defending censorship here tounge.gif . It's a one in a million. But it's just so easy for media to blame video games for everything.

Morteal Kombat is a bullsh*t game.

Seriously dude...? if you have nothing nice to say about tha Game then GET DA F@CK OUT tha game Kickz Azz... mad.gif

CubA_iLL_BrothA

Is there gonna be a demo for Mortal Kombat, I couldn't find no search about it..?

NO NOT DUKE TOOO D: Then again.... Seems Blue-Ray doesn't have area lock, I'm safe to ship my games in. PS3 HOO-RAH.

No Duke has already passed Classification without issue, Mr Nukem is safe.......for now!

That's cause we all know Duke has an Aussie background. wink.gif

Man, I don't understand it... I guess I never will. It's just a video game for crying out loud. Teenagers nowadays, get bad influences from the type of individuals they hang with, from the streets, poor parenting even neglect. Video games are harmless and are well proven to stimulate brain functions. Even the military uses games similar to C.O.D, Black Ops to train their soldiers.

Jack Thompson must be doing the moonwalk.

Austrailia is just awful to video games. They need to seriously reform themselfes

Banned, now stay the f*ck out

This just in from Australia government has passed a new law to ban fun. If it even looks like you're enjoying yourself you will be thrown in a prison shared with murders and rapist. You people and your fun should be ashamed of yourselves.

Blackadder.
Like stated before, why censor games when you can just buy them on the net, and if they have the hardware, they can buy the American version, where nothing gets censored..............I wonder why? confused.gif

Nothing?

Didn't Manhunt 2 get censored? dozingoff.gif

user posted image

nightwalker83

lol Australia. I hate this country.

You should try living here.

Edit:

Checking the ratings given to earlier Mortal Kombat games in Australia the worst I found was rated MA. I think the fact that the game was refused classification shows the guy in charge at the moment is a moron.

I didn't know Hitler was from Australia.

I believe you are describing the current Australian opposition leader. sarcasm.gif

Edited by nightwalker83

That's cause we all know Duke has an Aussie background.  wink.gif

The f*ck? I didn't know Hitler was from Australia.

AUSTRIA!

not Australia. lol.gif

Like stated before, why censor games when you can just buy them on the net, and if they have the hardware, they can buy the American version, where nothing gets censored..............I wonder why?  confused.gif

Nothing?

And more importantly, The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn?

4XEtraA.jpg

Why is Australia so strict on games?

SIG-2.jpg

Even the military uses games similar to C.O.D, Black Ops to train their soldiers.

The military just got 10x more retarded if they use anything similar to CoD to train soldiers.

CubA_iLL_BrothA
Even the military uses games similar to C.O.D, Black Ops to train their soldiers.

The military just got 10x more retarded if they use anything similar to CoD to train soldiers.

LMAO!!

Running around getting into some sh*t

They use it to train the soldiers' reflexes, reaction time etc.

lol Australia. I hate this country.

You should try living here.

Funnily enough I do live here. sh*tty backwater third world country. It's terribad.

thats sad in Australia.Did Australian government banned Tekken.If Not,well good wow.gif

Why would Tekken get banned?

That's a shame that all those games are banned in Australia. I'm glad North America is so lenient with what games people can play.

user posted image

deathdealer

Ironically, austrailia got the uncensored version of MKvsDC universe while North America got a censored version. They censored deathstrokes and the joker's fatalities.

• 2 weeks later...
Unlucky Australia, MK 9 is going to be great, in my point of view.

That's my point of view too. I love the MK series as much as I love GTA. I can't wait until April 19th.

Like stated before, why censor games when you can just buy them on the net, and if they have the hardware, they can buy the American version, where nothing gets censored..............I wonder why?  confused.gif

Nothing?

Yeah, but thats it, and its all because some dumb f*ck had the money to force R* to censor it, when at the time there were games that were 10x the violence, and if you look at games now.........holy sh*t. Well thank god for Custom firmware!

But really, does anybody else find it deliciously hilarious that a country made up of descendants of fraggin convicts being so staunchly conservative when it comes to explicit media?

4XEtraA.jpg