Mortal Kombat has been banned

Linki

...highly anticipated...

Really? This is the first I've heard of a new MK, but honestly, they should have retired the series years ago.

oldschoolsigs22.png

...highly anticipated...

Really? This is the first I've heard of a new MK, but honestly, they should have retired the series years ago.

A lot of the people I know were planning on buying it. I'm sure they will be disappointed, as I am.

GTA3Freak-2001
Can't ye order it from Kiwi land or Asia or something? D:

Course we can, which kind of shows how stupid and useless the banning of games is here!

Not surprised at this to be honest, coming from the same ratings board that banned Fallout 3 for using the word Morphine. confused.gif

Read: f*cking Idiots.

user posted image

FlavouredMilk

FARKERISING GIRRRR NOOOOO D: ...

Nah, f*ck that, I can't stand all these bannings, I told my mate about the trailer and after that he said 'That's not going to last long here.' Can't believe it actually happened, this is so lame.

I can't believe we can't have all these extras other countries do.

Pretty lame that they constantly ban games but as people have already mentioned I reckon you lot can just order them online.

caprisig.jpg

wow, I feel bad for you guys, not that you can't conveniently buy MK down the street but that censorship goes as far as to completely ban games. what else are they censoring (or trying to)down there?

Harwood Butch3r

Whatever happened to the proposed R rating?

Never even knew there was a a new Mortal Kombat, but I wont lie by saying I knew this was going to be about Australia before opening the thread.

Morteal Kombat is a bullsh*t game.

Good for you.

So you can still just buy the game from outside Australia? I'm glad the banning system works. sarcasm.gif

"As with many other forms of media, there is a demand and place for an adult themed narrative. We trust adults with this material in other media forms, yet deny them similar access simply because it’s a ‘game’. We should not accept the argument that because it’s “unsuitable for a minor to see or play” that it should therefore be banned in any other media form, so why video games?"

Add to that the fuss being made about wii game We Dare by surprise surprise the daily mail it's take a p**s on videogames week

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/art...o=feeds-newsxml

Friends, why Australia is so conservative? Can someone explain it to me?

Found a list on the net with banned games in Australia

7 Sins Banned because of high impact of sexual references.

50 Cent: Bulletproof Banned because of high impact violence and cruelty. A censored version was later released.

Blitz: The League Banned because of drug use related to awards.

BMX XXX Banned because of high impact sexual references. Censored version later released

CrimeCraft Banned due to the use of drugs as incentives or rewards

Dark Sector Banned because of high impact violence. A censored version was later released.

Dreamweb Banned because of a scene of sexualized violence. However, the game was censored, and re-released with a more lucrative M rating in 1996.

The Getaway Originally released uncut with a MA15+, it was later resubmitted and banned due to a scene of detailed torture. A censored version omitting this scene was later released with a MA15+. The sequel was released uncut.

Left 4 Dead 2 Refused classification due to relentless gory violence. An edited version has been released using the German cut.This version of game is now less violent than its predecessor which was released with a MA15+.

Leisure Suit Larry: Magna Cum Laude Banned because of sexuality and nudity in relation to incentives and rewards.

Marc Ecko's Getting Up: Contents Under Pressure Originally released with a MA15+, Federal Attorney-General Phil Ruddock used his power to later appeal the decision to get it banned for glorification of graffiti.

Manhunt Originally rated MA15+ but Federal Attorney-General Phil Ruddock later appealed the rating thus being banned afterwards because of high-impact violence and cruelty.

Mortal Kombat Currently banned due to the graphic realistic depictions of mutilations and gore performed by fatalities, Warner Brothers are currently addressing all options including an appeal (which Warner Brothers were previously successful with the games Aliens vs. Predator and F.E.A.R. 2 both attaining an MA15+ on appeal)

NARC Banned because of drug use related to incentives.

NecroVisioN Banned because of relentless gory violence. A censored version was later released with a lucrative M rating.

Postal 2 Banned because of gross, abhorrent content (urination, high impact violence, animal cruelty, homophobia, etc.)

Phantasmagoria Banned because of high impact violence, cruelty, and a scene of sexual violence involving rape. A censored version was later released.

Reservoir Dogs Banned because of high impact violence and cruelty.

Risen Banned because of sexual activity and drug use related to incentives.

Shellshock 2: Blood Trails Banned because of high impact violence.

Silent Hill: Homecoming Banned because of very disturbing content specifically the scene involving drilling into body parts. Konami has since modified this part of the game to meet MA15+ guidelines.

Singles: Flirt Up Your Life Banned because of sexuality and nudity in relation to incentives and rewards.

Soldier of Fortune: Payback Banned because of high impact violence involving dismemberment. Activision has since modified the game to meet MA15+ guidelines.

Voyeur Originally rated MA15+ but later appealed and banned because of a scene of explicit sexual dialogue involving incest.

Aliens vs. Predator Banned because of violence involving graphic depictions of mutilation. Rating later appealed and overturned and now is rated MA15+

Fallout 3 Originally banned because of drug use in relation to real world drugs. Edited world wide due to the insignificant change that was done (the name of morphine being changed to Med-x). Therefore the same game that was rated 17+/18+ in other countries was rated MA15+ in Australia.

F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin Originally banned because of high impact violence, Warner bros. interactive later appealed the decision and received an MA15+.

Grand Theft Auto III Originally banned because of the use of prostitutes. A censored version was later released. PC version was released uncut with MA15+.

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas Had its classification revoked following the Hot Coffee controversy. Edited worldwide with this version of the game also achieving a MA15+

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Pre-Censored before submission because of the use of prostitutes. In 2010 the game was released uncut again receiving a MA15+.

Grand Theft Auto IV Pre-censored before submission because of sex scenes involving prostitutes. An uncut version was later released for the PC with a MA15+. A patch was later released to completely uncensor the PS3 version and the 360 version. All expansions are unedited with a MA15+.

Sexy Poker Originally banned from being released on WiiWare due to nudity being used as an incentive. Edited worldwide to replace nudity with revealing under garments and this edition received a lucrative M rating.

Shellshock: Nam '67 Originally banned because of high impact violence; however, it was re-rated MA15+ uncut when the game was resubmitted and objectionable content was shown within proper context.

Tender Loving Care Originally banned because of sexual references and nudity ; however, due to being more of an interactive live-action movie than a videogame, it was later submitted as an interactive DVD and was rerated MA15+.

The Punisher Originally banned because of high impact violence involving torture. Edited worldwide due to troubles with other countries as well (such as being rated with an AO18+ rating in America and threatened as being objectionable by the UK's BBFC) and this edition was passed through with an MA15+. Australia got the same version as America and Europe.

The only thing that should be banned is censorship.

yes. icon14.gif

RIP Rockstar Games

1998 - 2021

Like stated before, why censor games when you can just buy them on the net, and if they have the hardware, they can buy the American version, where nothing gets censored..............I wonder why? confused.gif

Like stated before, why censor games when you can just buy them on the net, and if they have the hardware, they can buy the American version, where nothing gets censored..............I wonder why? confused.gif

Because those who censor games are pussies and idiots

TUBBSthezombie sits and ponders what game will be banned in Australia next and then realizes Duke Nukem Forever is finally coming out

No offense to the Aussies but this is one reason why im glad to be an american.

TUBBSthezombie sits and ponders what game will be banned in Australia next and then realizes Duke Nukem Forever is finally coming out

what about other countries?

FlavouredMilk

NO NOT DUKE TOOO D: Then again.... Seems Blue-Ray doesn't have area lock, I'm safe to ship my games in. PS3 HOO-RAH.

Finn 7 five 11

Can't ye order it from Kiwi land or Asia or something? D:

Course we can, which kind of shows how stupid and useless the banning of games is here!

Basically it forces us not to support local retailers, good policy you idiot politicians.

There will be changes and we will have an R18, when this new politician makes an effort to bring to light.

Edited by finn4life

GTA3Freak-2001
NO NOT DUKE TOOO D: Then again.... Seems Blue-Ray doesn't have area lock, I'm safe to ship my games in. PS3 HOO-RAH.

No Duke has already passed Classification without issue, Mr Nukem is safe.......for now!

what about other countries?

Well im sure Iraq and Iran will ban them.... They typically ban anything against their religion...

@GTA3Freak: really? Damn. Thats a surprise... i wonder how much dick the developer had to suck in order for them to get through that sh*t.

Minus the Boom

The only thing that should be banned is censorship.

Agreed. A government should have better things to be doing. Not to mention the fact that it has never been proven that violent games make you aggresive (of course, there have been studies with an outcome of "if you take away an addict's videogames, he'll get more angry than someone who doesn't play videogames" - I kid you not!)