Grand Theft Auto IV: Purgatory

NikoLuisKlebitz

NikoLuisKlebitz

I know rockstar isn't making any more GTA 4 DLC, but if they were, I have a cool idea for a DLC they should've done. It's called GTA IV: Purgatory. It's about Packie before he meets Niko. In Niko's missions for Packie, they always talk about how the McReary's used to be big in the city and have their own place in purgatory. In this DLC, you would play for Packie back when his family was big and as you progress through the story, you would see their decline to where they are in GTA IV. He could have an apartment in Purgatory near the darts bar/near bahama mamas. It could also have him working for the different mafia families they talked about, and doing some work for Elizabeta. Since GTA IV/TLAD/TBOGT take place all around the same time (2008) maybe this could take place in 2006 or something. Since it would be before Niko made it to LC, Derrick/Francis would both be alive. They talked about how Derrick went back to the old country (Ireland) and he comes back to LC in IV. So maybe he could be in LC in 2006 then towards the end of the story, he would leave to Ireland. (He'd later return in 2008 when he does in IV). It could be done, they've done it in LCS/VCS where it takes place 2 years before the original game...

This may even be a good idea for a mod, if it was in anyway possible. Hell if rockstar did work on this, I'm sure it wouldn't take too long, some time after they release LA Noire. It would give us more GTA til they actually release GTA V. They would just have to throw it together like they did TLAD/TBOGT. They've overlooked all the possibilities in creating great DLC. Maybe if they actually listened to their fans they could get some good ideas.

Nice idea, but i think Rockstar is making GTA 5 now, maybe some modders will create something so you can make your own missions or so xD just think about it.

This is a good idea, however I don't think Rockstar will release any more DLC, we will just have to wait for GTA V I guess.

A good idea no doubt. But i dont think 06 or so would be a good time to set it. The Mcreary's are atleast partially based on the Westies and so for them to still be "big" the game should really be set in the 70's. I think a mid 90's setting could work as the setting would reamin fairly modern and while the family would still be a shadow of its former self it would be to a lesser degree than in IV. Also this would mean that the two larger modern skyscrapers on Purgatorys nothern edge (based on the Time Warner center built in 2000) would not be there allowing for an extension of the gritty old-style purgatory that unfortunately only really consists of 4 blocks in IV.

Im just throwing this out there, its your concept after all.

And as for no more IV DLC's thats true but we can still dream cant we?