1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Sam998

Who was worse Dmitri Rascalov or Ray Bulgarin?

Who was worse Dmitri Rascalov or Ray Bulgarin?  

144 members have voted

1. 1. Who was worse Dmitri Rascalov or Ray Bulgarin?

• Dimitri Rascalov
    • Ray Bulgarin

Sam998

I think Ray, people trafficking, in my opinion is a lot worse than drugs and stuff. Dimitri was a total dick too, but no worse than most other criminals in the game.

Crap can someone move this to GTA IV? Sorry

Edited by Sam998

Docfaustino

Important to remember that there's a difference between smuggling and trafficking. It was heavily implied that Bulgarin was involved in human trafficking, which would make him down right awful. But smuggling is just assistance in illegal immigration, albeit illicit and usually involves shipping criminal in to countries.

Dimitri wouldn't rival Ray at all, if he weren't sadistic towards our beloved Niko Bellic. Although, Ray doesn't look so bad either if you consider how he was most likely suffering from a paranoid delusional disorder. I have to side with Dimitri. Dimitri used people as pawns and killed them when they were no longer a use, which he knows is just for the smug satisfaction, not business purpose. After playing TBOGT, it's clear Ray had a little more decency.

-tired ramblings

Sam998
Important to remember that there's a difference between smuggling and trafficking. It was heavily implied that Bulgarin was involved in human trafficking, which would make him down right awful. But smuggling is just assistance in illegal immigration, albeit illicit and usually involves shipping criminal in to countries.

Dimitri wouldn't rival Ray at all, if he weren't sadistic towards our beloved Niko Bellic. Although, Ray doesn't look so bad either if you consider how he was most likely suffering from a paranoid delusional disorder. I have to side with Dimitri. Dimitri used people as pawns and killed them when they were no longer a use, which he knows is just for the smug satisfaction, not business purpose. After playing TBOGT, it's clear Ray had a little more decency.

-tired ramblings

I've beaten TBoGT but how does that show that Ray has more decency?

And human trafficking isn't really a spur of the moment crime caused by mental illness, at least i think

Mr_Clifton

Wrong forum my Friend. This is for GTA V.

Finn 7 five 11
I think Ray, people trafficking, in my opinion is a lot worse than drugs and stuff. Dimitri was a total dick too, but no worse than most other criminals in the game.

Crap can someone move this to GTA IV? Sorry

Lots of detail there...drugs and stuff, congratulations on another no effort thread.

Dimitri was not only involved in drug and "stuff", he was involved in kidnapping, extortion, blackmail, murder, drugs and hijacking, this is not said but i am sure that dimitri burnt down romans apartment and cab business, kidnaps roman twice, and niko once, and betrays you if you pick the deal ending, he also kidnapped jonny's GF.

Also dimitri is meant to be the most hated since he is the antagonist.

Ray is a big criminal, but he doesn't behave like an asshole towards you most of the time so i liked him better.

AceRay

Dimitri would be the most awesome protagonist ever... just so evil... so of course I voted for him.

Official General

It has to be Dimitri Rascalov. He was the one of the most most double-dealing, treacherous villains I've ever seen in a video game. I shot him at least 50 times more after my first few shots had already killed him !!

WhiteRex

Dmitri was just a cowardly dick behind his goons.
Ray was real badass and worse. He even cut off cook's head.

Edited by WhiteRex

II Goonah II

Dimitri was just way over his own head, he got his best friend killed for whatever reason (probably so he could take control), he set Niko up, he kidnapped Roman twice and Niko once, he bribed Johnny into doing the dirty work & the deal with the Peg was a set up, i'd say he's definetly the worst. However, although Bulgarin is bad aswell, I think he does know more about loyalty and principles then Dimitri, and as Niko said the reason he was after him is because his cargo boat sunk "and he needed someone to blame".

MyDog
Dimitri was just way over his own head, he got his best friend killed for whatever reason (probably so he could take control), he set Niko up, he kidnapped Roman twice and Niko once, he bribed Johnny into doing the dirty work & the deal with the Peg was a set up, i'd say he's definetly the worst. However, although Bulgarin is bad aswell, I think he does know more about loyalty and principles then Dimitri, and as Niko said the reason he was after him is because his cargo boat sunk "and he needed someone to blame".

Death of Mikhail Faustin was not Dimitri's idea. Kenny Petrovic ordered it because Faustin ordered the death of Kenny's son.

Sam998

I think you are all kind of underestimating the awfulness of Human Trafficking...

My point is Dimitri is just another mobster, Ray is just so worse. Sure Dimitri kidnapped some people, but Ray trafficked hundreds more! Seriously, he's after Niko because he lost a shipment of sex slaves. Dimitri is only the man antagonist because he hurt Niko more directly. I don't think something done to the protaganist makes it more evil than something done to anyone else, even though we can sympathise with it more.

cp1dell

Bulgarin.

The head in the box.

WHHHYYY

Mr.Anonymous

Crossing Enemy Lines just says it all.

Rucke

This is a tough one. The Russians were the most bad-ass antagonists ever, no doubt. I can't really decide between the two of them.

Sam998

...Crossing Enemy Lines??

Akavari

I feel like they forced Dimitri into being an antagonist when it was out of his character. I mean in the beginning when you work with the Faustins he seems like a real reasonable guy, using logic and diplomacy to deal with business. I could understand him backstabbing Niko because it was to get on good terms with a very powerful man; in his eyes, Niko is just a hired gun who is a dime a dozen. But after that, it seems like Dimitri has a personal hatred of Niko and does anything he can to make his life miserable. It doesn't really make sense. I think in a realistic world, Dimitri would have tried to make a compromise with Niko because that sort of tension is bad for business.

Bulgarin, on the other hand, was a real monster. He's the kind of guy who would chase you to the edge of the universe and kill you just to satisfy his ego. Like Faustin, he is obsessed with being feared and ruling with an iron fist.

Wolfmight

I go with Ray.

That was too bad Dmitri was a backstabber. He reminded me of how Lance Vance back-stabbed Tommy back in Vice City

Edited by Wolfmight

d0mm2k8
He reminded me of how Lance Vance back-stabbed Tommy back in Vice City

GTA ain't GTA without a betrayal.

Sam998

Glad Ray is getting more votes lol..

How could dmitiri possibly be any worse than a human trafficker? all his kidnappings are irrelavent because ray has essentially kidnapped hundreds of people

Branimir202

Ray Bulgarin, not only was he into Human Trafficking but the dude is f*cking INSANE.

Dimitri probably had more than a few screws loose too especially with his phone call after The ending where roman died, "I laughed when I heard that your cousin died, Niko!" Yes, Dimitri is a prick.

The video below really spells it out about the kind of person Bulgarin was, not to mention his lack of sanity

junkpile

Dimitri all the way. He sold out everyone...Bulgarin kind of sticked to principles...however, I prefer bulgarin and would have even welcomed it, to have Timur and him seen kill Luis.

Mr. Someguy

Things went fine for Niko until Bulgarin entered the picture. When Dimitri found Bulgarin wanted Niko dead, he ordered his men to kill you in the warehouse.

When you killed all the thugs and escaped, he got mad and burned down Roman's apartment and Cab depot, setting in motion the while rivalry between him and you.

Toup

Dmitri that rat.

AlexGTAGamer

I say Ray, he blamed Niko for the cargo ship sinking (even though it wasn't Niko's fault) and wanted to kill Niko for that and he cut the cook's head off and tried to kill Luis and Tony over the diamond fiasco.

Mr.Anonymous

...Crossing Enemy Lines??

f*ck, I meant to say In The Crosshairs. suicidal.gif

na89340qv0n34b09q340

I say Dimitri, he was a dick. But than again we didn't get much of Bulgarin's back story. Niko could have also lied about not owing Ray anything too. Bulgarin also probably owned the Diamonds in the first place, and he didn't know how Luis got them. I think Ray is just a bit confused through the whole story.

Sam998
I say Dimitri, he was a dick. But than again we didn't get much of Bulgarin's back story. Niko could have also lied about not owing Ray anything too. Bulgarin also probably owned the Diamonds in the first place, and he didn't know how Luis got them. I think Ray is just a bit confused through the whole story.

I would agree he probably was a bit confused over the diamonds lol

I think that all the murders and kidnappings between the to, because they both have arguably done just as many but Ray was a goddamn human trafficker

Jeweyblue619

Ill say Dimitri Rascalov!

Korpi

They we're both pricks... Ray for smuggling people, but Dimitri for betraying everyone

Edited by Markwey

MyDog

Strange, Dimitri has the reputation of "betraying everyone" when in fact he betrayed only two people: Niko and Pegorino.