UK Cigarette/Tobacco Prices

VercettiCrimeFamily

VercettiCrimeFamily

Ok guys, i am from the UK and have been smoking for a while now, and have been overwhelmed by how much cigarettes/tobacco have gotten since when i first started... It's scandalous, Since a while back i started buying Amber Leaf Tobacco , Which i was happy with at the time, However the prices of Tobacco has increased a lot as well which is pretty annoying since you smoke roll up's to save a bit of cash, when really it doesn't save a lot more as it used too.

Just wondering what you guys think about the prices here in the UK, and what you smoke to save a bit of cash.

Tobacco Prices in the UK since 1990

When I started smoking tobacco back in 2006 it was rather cheap. I quitted 3 years ago and I allways laugh at my friends that couldn't do it and allways complaint about the prices.

Im not from UK though.

Yl8KS.jpg

Just get a buddy in the good ol US of A to mail you a carton of Pal Mals. f*ckers only cost me $4.59 a pack when I am not rolling my own for 7 dollars a carton.

fbiidcopyvo4.png

I Love Anna Kournikova
Just get a buddy in the good ol US of A to mail you a carton of Pal Mals. f*ckers only cost me $4.59 a pack when I am not rolling my own for 7 dollars a carton.

When Its all said and done wouldn't it be more expensive with the Shipping and everything? Especially overseas.

R2ZHo4B.png

SF Giants 2010 - 2012 - 2014 World Series Champs

VercettiCrimeFamily

I don't know anyone in the america however i do have a friend in Dubai i might tell me to send me a couple of cartoons of fags, However wouldn't postage add up to to pretty much the same amount? And do i get taxed on the fags when they come into the UK?

When Its all said and done wouldn't it be more expensive with the Shipping and everything? Especially overseas.

Not to mention customs wanting their fair share.

clEsyRO.gif

VercettiCrimeFamily

Well i think that just about rules of getting someone to ship some cigarettes over... mad.gif

I dunno. Never thought about customs searching my packages for cigarettes.

fbiidcopyvo4.png

Long Haired Freaky Guy

When I first started smoking, I was on L&B as thyey were quite cheap back then and were a decent smoke. My mates started smoking Richmond though, so I moved onto them. Then I switched to JPS when I got with our lass. Lambert and Richmond got insanely stupid in price, so £4.80 for 20 ciggies ain't bad at all, nd that's superkings.

Most of the time though, am smoking baccy, Amber Leaf or Golden Virginia. Amber Leaf, i always get the boxed one, but went off it when they started packing in that tiny envelope...all the baccy got packed together and spoilt the roll up. Someone in town seels Golden Virginia for £8 for 50g, so I get that on my pay day.

£6 for a pack of ciggies is insanely stupid now... confused.gif

VercettiCrimeFamily
When I first started smoking, I was on L&B as thyey were quite cheap back then and were a decent smoke. My mates started smoking Richmond though, so I moved onto them. Then I switched to JPS when I got with our lass. Lambert and Richmond got insanely stupid in price, so £4.80 for 20 ciggies ain't bad at all, nd that's superkings.

Most of the time though, am smoking baccy, Amber Leaf or Golden Virginia. Amber Leaf, i always get the boxed one, but went off it when they started packing in that tiny envelope...all the baccy got packed together and spoilt the roll up. Someone in town seels Golden Virginia for £8 for 50g, so I get that on my pay day.

Agreed i know someone around my area who sells Golden Virginia which is dutch ( I think ) 50g pouch for just £6:50 not bad at all, however i would rather smoke cigarettes any day.. Beats having to get your papers out and filters, just to have a cig... Lol i'd like to see tobacco prices in the uk in 20 years time...

Would be interesting. suicidal.gifsuicidal.gifsuicidal.gif

Long Haired Freaky Guy

Agreed i know someone around my area who sells Golden Virginia which is dutch ( I think ) 50g pouch for just £6:50 not bad at all, however i would rather smoke cigarettes any day.. Beats having to get your papers out and filters, just to have a cig... Lol i'd like to see tobacco prices in the uk in 20 years time...

Would be interesting. suicidal.gifsuicidal.gifsuicidal.gif

Don't get me wrong, I too prefer a ciggie over baccy, but money is tight at home and so am stuck smoking baccy. confused.gif

I dunno. Never thought about customs searching my packages for cigarettes.

Well it really depends if they even open your package. If they don't, well, nothing will happen and life goes on. If they do, they'll likely charge the person getting the package the duties on it.

Again, that's based on if they actually open the package and find out it's cigarettes.

clEsyRO.gif

If your package is under a certain weight, they don't give a sh*t. There'd be a bit of suspicion if you were to sign for a pallet of ciggies, but a box or two (or several) should be fine.

I got six bottles of liquer from Europe through Australian customs (Australian customs) without paying any duty on them because the box they came in was under some arbitrary threshold (10kg? idk)

Flipside, the importer I got them through also told me of some other dude paying something close to 100% duty on a similar purchase. Flip a coin.

I Love Anna Kournikova

Still, even if they don't search, is it worth the trouble paying for shipping and everything just to smoke. No.

R2ZHo4B.png

SF Giants 2010 - 2012 - 2014 World Series Champs

Starting to grow my own tobacco this year. The seeds have just germinated, should give me anywhere from 1 to 12 plants.

I'm not sure it would provide enough for a heavy smoker, but it's legal, and relatively easy.

GrandMaster Smith

Not from the UK but I remember when I first started smoking packs were less than $3, now you're lucky to find a pack of camels under $5 or $6.

I really do not get why I smoke, it's like tobaccy companies give me cancer and make my health go to sh*t all the while I'm paying for them to do it lol. Whenever I try to slow down on my daily smoking I always end up smoking more the next week or something as if my body wants to make up for the missing nicotine.. it's ridiculous but it's like my body craves it even if I myself never want to see a cig again in my life.

blame your country's goverment

putting sh*tloads of taxes on it and tell people its to make them stop smoking

while they actually dont give a sh*t and just want to make more money on us

suicidal.gif

blame your country's goverment

putting sh*tloads of taxes on it and tell people its to make them stop smoking

while they actually dont give a sh*t and just want to make more money on us

suicidal.gif

It would be naive to think that the govenment was doing anything other than balancing it's books through taxation. For some reason, people seem to think that taxes are funneled directly into the back pockets of members of parliament, which is utter crap. Not saying that the "nanny state" mentality is a good idea (I'm perfectly capable of looking afte myself thank you very much) but the idea that it's all to make a personal profit doesn't really hold water.

Untitled-1.jpg
AMD Ryzen 5900X (4.7GHz All-Core PBO2) | Gigabye X570S Pro | 32GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB 3600MHz CL16

EK-Quantum Reflection D5 | XSPC D5 PWM | TechN CPU Blocks | HardwareLabs GTS & GTX 360 Radiators
Corsair AX750 | Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic XL | ASUS RTX 4080 TUF @2970MHz | Sabrant Rocket Plus 1TB
Sabrant Rocket 2TB | Samsung 970 Evo 1TB | 2x ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Q Acoustics 2010i | Sabaj A4

VercettiCrimeFamily

How much will shipping cost from the Middle East (Roughly)?

Edited by shiek

"quality" cigarettes cost around 4.50/5 euros where I'm from. Mind you, only 19 cigarettes in a pack.

My parents brought along three flip-top boxes with 10 cartons of cigarettes and they paid 3 euros (too lazy to do the $$ maths). And I noticed it's 20 smokes a pack. Marlboro, which is considered as "quality" smokes in my opinion.

Pretty damn cheap if you ask me, compared to what we pay "here".

When I was a young smoker I could pick up a pack of Marlboro or Camel's for about $4-5. Now you literally cannot find a pack for under $8.

f*ck you Washington State and your f*cking sin taxes.

Long Haired Freaky Guy
Mind you, only 19 cigarettes in a pack.

Even better going into a pub round here and buying a pack of 16-18 ciggies for £7. mad.gif

If your going to buy from any of the states I would suggest Kentucky or West Virginia. They still sell for about 3.50$ or 4.00$.

VercettiCrimeFamily
If your going to buy from any of the states I would suggest Kentucky or West Virginia. They still sell for about 3.50$ or 4.00$.

Do you know how much shipping would roughly cost from West Virginia, to the uk?

If your package is under a certain weight, they don't give a sh*t. There'd be a bit of suspicion if you were to sign for a pallet of ciggies, but a box or two (or several) should be fine.

I'm guessing CBSA is a bit more strict. I've had packages that weighed less than two kilograms (like a DVD) and when I'd get it, there'd be a big wad of yellow tape with "OPENED BY CBSA" written on it.

clEsyRO.gif

Mind you, only 19 cigarettes in a pack.

Even better going into a pub round here and buying a pack of 16-18 ciggies for £7. mad.gif

Now way, seriously? And I thought they were ripping people off over here!

€2.50 in Poland for a packet of Marlboro's. Ask some nice polish fella, there's plenty of them in the UK and make some deal with him wink.gif

VercettiCrimeFamily
€2.50 in Poland for a packet of Marlboro's. Ask some nice polish fella, there's plenty of them in the UK and make some deal with him wink.gif

Funny you should say that, Theres a girl in my college class i know her and she is from Poland i might have to ask her...

Offt. Pall malls taste terrible. Id rather smoke ass. my friend sarah orders cartons of marlboro from russia and its dirt cheap.

eF7McnF.png