[Q]Permanent LOD Problem

Thed0815

Ok, it might be the wrong section for it or this topic might be a little strange and nooby (although im no noob), i dunno really where to make such topic cuz it's my first topic where i need help, i am confused and in kind of hurry nervous.gif and some minutes before i go sleep sleepy.gif , but anyway i got a serious problem with my GTA Vice City:

Textures doesnt load correctly at Washington Beach (Where the Tool shop and the Building site&Avery Missions are). The 2 Bridges, which connect Washington Beach with the part where Toolshop is, is permanently with a bugged LOD Problem

(Picture will come later...)

"Dispensary" Shop in west of Vice Point Hospital and north of Vice Point Mall is like not existing, but colision works)

(Pictures will come later... reason is not important, just got no USB for few days and end)

GTA Vice City Worked yesterday good, before i updated some textures (for my privat project) to complete my work for now to 100%. I dont want to loose or remove or backup anything from my GTA VC.

I tried some stuff, like Limit Adjuster, Rebuilding Archive, Replacing some GTAVC Textures with smaller one (which looked good too) and and and, but still the same problem, it doesnt affect the gameplay (like falling through floor/ground), but it looks awfull.

A picture, which shows, how my VC looks, will help little bit, untill i got my USB back:

Picture

(I forgot how to make thumbnail for pic catspider.gif sry)

Is it maybe because i use (dunno mod name) a mod, which fixes the LOD's from the another island, on which you currently not are, correctly (like some more details and removed LOD bugs from far)? (Loading by passing between islands takes 1 second of loading screen, normally 5 sec.)

My gta3.img is around 425mb big...

By the way, if system specs needed (should be enough to run VC without any problems):

1GB RAM

ATI Radeon x800pro 256mb

Intel pentium 4 2.24GHZ

30GB free disc

Yea i guess this is all needed, if there is any way to fix something like "LOD instead of Real Textures" Problems with Limit Adjuster (beta 6), then please gimme some tips now...

Thanks for helping turn.gif

Is it maybe because i use (dunno mod name) a mod, which fixes the LOD's from the another island, on which you currently not are, correctly (like some more details and removed LOD bugs from far)? (Loading by passing between islands takes 1 second of loading screen, normally 5 sec.)

What mod is that ? I'm sure the problem comes from this one.

Edited by Mark01

430x73_FFFFFF_FF9900_000000_000000.png

My blog that contains not all but some mods that I made for GTA.

What mod is that ? I'm sure the problem comes from this one.

Aight, i use the map folder from this mod:

http://www.gtagarage.com/mods/show.php?id=5199

I really dont know, but i guess Spaceeinstein's draw distance mod? Ah i really don't know, i think this is the problem, let me try in some minutes or wut with a backup of maps of VC... i hope i got a backup cry.gif

EDIT:

Ok, i tested with orginal map folder of Vice City, i am sure, it was orginal, because i now seen the unneeded LOD's from another island and loading took some seconds longer, but still, the bug remains cry.gif Too bad, there isn't a Vice CIty Stream Memory fix like SA has dozingoff.gif

But Mark01, thanks for answering and trying to help smile.gif

Any other suggestions, please smile.gif?

(BTW, is it maybe because i updated my GTAVCS for VC weather mod with a draw distance to 4000?)

Edited by TheD199434