Never wanted bug

Rider916

The game doesnt generate wanted level anymore, not even i kill cops or anything. Are there anything i can do or files that can be replaced to fix this issue? Reinstalling the game is the last thing i want to do. The problem seemed to have appeared after the installation of cleo 4. However the problem still persisted after i removed cleo 4.

A little background please,

How are you playing:

1. With the Original DVD in the Drive?

2. OR are you Using a 'backup' disc?

3. Are you Using a No-CD crack?

4. OR a Downloaded game from Direct2Drive, or SteamPower.com

5. If none of the above, where did you get your game? (Please specify.)

If you start a new game is the wanted level still disabled, or is this only a problem with some saves? If its a save related issue, then examine the save with Ryosuke's save editor (linked below). Check the Max Wanted level on the Misc tab, If 0, then set to 4 if before Are You Going to San Fierro, or 6 for After Yay Ka-Boom-Boom (IIRC), and 5 for everything in between.

http://gtasamod.web.fc2.com/tool/sase/index.html

If it is a problem with the Max Wanted level, then certain missions will eventually put it back to normal.

If you face this issue with all savegames/new game, then try deleting the gta_sa.set file from the User Files folder. Sometimes, that is all that is required to reset the changes made by the mods.

If it's a save related issue, then follow OrionSR's advice.

the game was working fine just a few days ago, it never happened before, and as i mentioned, the problem appeared after the installation of cleo 4

tried removing the gta_sa.set, doesnt work

You're playing a Downloaded pirate version or Cracked game?

You're playing a Downloaded pirate version or Cracked game?

no im using a downgraded US1.0 wit a hoodlum exe, i got a 2.0US dvd, but pretty much useless