White/Gray ped after modifying?

Atomical

Hello all!

I just changed the ballas to OGF and vice versa. It didn't seem to want to work, but after various attempts (My game kept crashing after going outside of the first hideout, I had to reinstall) i got then to work. After going outside, it didn't crash and everything was like the way it was supposed to be after modding. Then i started the mission "Los Sepulcros" and saw a White/Gray ped, which was the modified fam1.dff. I know it has something to do with the .txd file, so i guessed i had failed in making the .sami file work. So i manually replaced fam1.txd with IMGTool. But this didn't do anything. The fam1 ped was still white/gray.

Can someone help me?

Cheers,

Atom

P.S

You might have seen this topic on the Troubleshooting forum, i decided to post it here, hoping to get better answers on the right forum smile.gif

Rebuild archive maybe ? sometimes it happens whether you change the file the game keeps the old one in memory...

430x73_FFFFFF_FF9900_000000_000000.png

My blog that contains not all but some mods that I made for GTA.

have you got an original fam1.txd ??

if so

replace the current fam1.txd with the original fam1.txd and rebuild archive then try

Nope, didn't help.

This is what i did:

I took the original fam1.txd and repalced the modified fam1.txd, then i rebuild the archive. After that i went to test if the fam1 ped would have been all messed up, but no. It was STILL white/gray, Like it wouldnt have any texture. So i tried to replace the original one with the new one. No help.

Cheers,

Atomical

Maybe the dff is the problem. They look white/gray if there's nothing textured there or they've been UV mapped incorrectly. Replace that too.

pkmTc.gif

Well, i dont think they would be UV Mapped incorrectly, as they are default ballas skins. I will try this anyways.

I haven't played GTA SA in long time but in previous GTAs of the era you needed to add the txd file to the txd archive (txd.img, and not gta3.img). Also, check the DFF (using TXD workshop for example) so that the naming of the textures match the names in the DFF.

I got it to work, but i seriously have no idea how i did it.

It went something like this:

I opened the .txd file in txdworkshop, made it a bmp. Then i opened the .dff in a dff viewer and was confused. So i did nothing. (First time i tried to open the .txd it gave me an error on txdworkshop) I decided to replace the fam1 with a new original ballas1 txd straight from the original gta3.img.

So i guess it was a corrupted file then?

Well thats for help anyways!

Cheers,

Atomical

(First time i tried to open the .txd it gave me an error on txdworkshop)

Yep your txd was corrupted that's why.

430x73_FFFFFF_FF9900_000000_000000.png

My blog that contains not all but some mods that I made for GTA.