Yet another 'relationship advice' topic

gtasearcher

First of all, this IS going to be serious. No, I'm not lying to you, I'm not joking, I'm going to be as honest as possible to you. Whoever 'you' are. I have no idea why I am doing this, I have no idea who will ever read this, I have no idea who will ever reply to this, but oh well, I'll take my chances.

Excuse any grammar mistakes or Just Plane Wrong phrases I make, you're hearing this out from a guy whose sole reason to not just go to sleep at 22:49... is because he needs advice.

As I've said, please just don't point and laugh at me. It's a true story, believe me, and I'm not posting this here just for fun. Seriously. While I *do* expect a giant block of criticism, I'm ready to stand up to taking it so long the criticism I recieve is written in a non non-sensical way.

Already bored, I'd guess? Sorry for making my posts so ehem, selfish and boring, but it's just my nature.

Alright, let's get to the point.

As you might have already noticed from the title, I could use some advice on, well... relations with the opposite gender. Which, for me at least, is female. It started all like this: I *am* the shy, nerdy type you might expect any person who even dares to write such a huge block of text at night knowing nobody will probably read it to be, but that's just me.

Alright (sorry I repeat myself ever so often), there's this girl, see, I don't want to give out names. Now while I did recieve a less-than-positive reputation with the current school I'm in, she... was different. You have no idea. Thing is, I wouldn't believe it until I'd have seen it with my own eyes... oh, did I forget to tell you that she is, quite... beautiful? Beyond the 'beautiful' you'd think. And for a guy like me, I really... didn't expect it.

For the last weeks or so, all we did is 'hi' each other (althought it was quite nice... however it came at quite a surprise for me) and a few occasions where she would just look at me for a few seconds... I almost never found out a time when she wasn't busy with something else. Truth is, she *does* have a boyfriend... Although from what you've read yet (or what you will read) she didn't like to show that.

From time to time, she'd ask me what's up... but usually that happend when I was either too busy, or too shy to try and talk with her when she was in her group of friends... so we couldn't really 'talk'. But I really did feel a thing for her...

And swell... things were nice... until a few days ago, when her group of friends started to pun on her/me for, well, liking me/her. And this is were the fun part comes in. Today, well... Passing by her and her group of friends, and getting pun'ed again, she just grabbed my hand asked me to go with her. I didn't know what to do... Thing is, I did have a rather odd smell in my mouth... and wasn't quite in my shape... and well, she just... stared at me... for a few seconds... then she said goodbye, I think...

Didn't talk to her since. From what I've seen, she seemed to ignore me.

Well, that was it, I guess. Yet again, the only reason I've posted this is because I almost ate my pillow for not wanting to scream a Cluster F Bomb in the middle of the night, waking up the entire neighbourghood for no appareant reason...

I said... I said I will take criticism. Anything. Call me whatever you want. Come on. I'm waiting for it. I realise I've just fubar-ed a lot by doing this, so I'm not expecting huge praise or w/ever. I just want to... calm down. I think I'm posting this and logging off. I just hope I didn't disturb anyone. That's all. Thanks.

I just want to... calm down. I think I'm posting this and logging off. I just hope I didn't disturb anyone. That's all. Thanks.

Goodnight.

9H7Sj34.jpg

The Unvirginiser
Today, well... Passing by her and her group of friends, and getting pun'ed again, she just grabbed my hand asked me to go with her. I didn't know what to do... Thing is, I did have a rather odd smell in my mouth... and wasn't quite in my shape... and well, she just... stared at me... for a few seconds... then she said goodbye, I think...

Well, that was it, I guess. Yet again, the only reason I've posted this is because I almost ate my pillow for not wanting to scream a Cluster F Bomb in the middle of the night, waking up the entire neighbourghood for no appareant reason...

I'm sorry, but I spat my drink out when I read that bit about the taste in your mouth. She obviously wants some, move in for the kill.

Passing by her and her group of friends, and getting pun'ed again, she just grabbed my hand asked me to go with her. I didn't know what to do... Thing is, I did have a rather odd smell in my mouth... and wasn't quite in my shape... and well, she just... stared at me... for a few seconds... then she said goodbye, I think...

You're going to have to elaborate here. What exactly "pun"ing is, but most importantly the bolded bit.

user posted image

That is because you blew her off when she tried to make a bold move with you...It is just as difficult for a chick to make a bold move as it is for a dude to make a move. In her eyes you shot her down hard.

You are going to have to suck up some pride and tell the girl the truth as to why you didn't walk off with her when she wanted you to. Otherwise, write her off as the girl that could have been.

I didn't catch you saying this. Do you two talk a lot to each other? Not about school, but actually talk, like, about music, movies, girls, guys, whatever. Do you actually know something about her personality? See, it's important to realize whether you actually like her for her personality and if you know anything about her like that, or you just find her incredibly attractive. I once really like a classmate of mine, she was (and still is) hot. 2 years (!) later, I realized, that I don't really know all that much about her. And then everything became so much simpler. I didn't think about her 24/7. I didn't have to think and worry about whether she likes me or not; whether we'll be together or not.

Also, you go to bed at 23 on a Friday?

We will be the arms that lift you up oqKntbC.gifWe will be the hand that strike you down

She has a boyfriend, and this story sounds like 'Oh my god, a girl said hi to me, she likes me right guys?!?'

Well over-anaylzed; she doesn't like you.

Plus, you sound like an absolute tool.

TL;DR she asked you to be her BF, by not answering fast enough you declined and destroyed something...well, it's your time now to make up for it, how is your business, I just wouldn't leave it like this if i were you smile.gif

She has a boyfriend, and this story sounds like 'Oh my god, a girl said hi to me, she likes me right guys?!?'

^ he already mentioned he's the shy and nerdy kind of guy..repeating that ain't necesarry

also, how the F u know she doesn't like him?...geez sometimes it's better not to reply at all if u come up with made-up conclusions...

Edited by Law0070

Sack up, man. From the looks of your post you don't sound very confident in yourself at all. Unless you are an absolute medusa I guarantee that looks are 10% of it, and confidence is 90%. Girls like confidence. If you can walk up to em and just start a normal conversation then you're already better off than most of the guys out there. Being shy is OK - being quiet and awkward is not. Don't overanalzye and misinterpret the signals she sends you - you're thinking too much. Just be calm, show her you have a good head on your shoulders and you're not desperate, and be nice in general.

If you can show her that you're better or that it would be in her best interest to have you, then the boyfriend doesn't matter at all.

Edited by Vercetti21

Unless you are an absolute medusa I guarantee that looks are 10% of it, and confidence is 90%.

This should be standard issue relationship advice for all these type of threads.

Cause it's so effin true. I can't tell you how many women I could have had by now if I weren't such a sissy. And how many men (unattractive) I've seen with women that make me wonder if I'm not just gay or something.

^ he already mentioned he's the shy and nerdy kind of guy..repeating that ain't necesarry

also, how the F u know she doesn't like him?...geez sometimes it's better not to reply at all if u come up with made-up conclusions...

She already has a boyfriend, why would she give him up for someone who has to write onto a board dedicated to a video game about trying to get a girl?

Made-up conclusions? I went with the OP's significant progress with her (nothing), her relationship status (occupied) and his confidence mannerism. Not a made-up conclusion in the slightest.

But I would love the OP to prove me wrong, lovers young dream and all that.

Well...

Can say I've been thinking about it. And I've got some answers.

@Edmachine: talking? me-her? no. her-me? yes. Not that I wouldn't want it, it's just my... well, confidence mannerism, I guess? She tried to talk to me quite a few times, if I recall. Sadly, I was in either in a hurry either too much of an idiot to notice.

@Brad: I'd have to second that 'absolute tool'... it's a lifestyle I'm trying to get rid off. So far, you can see where that lead to. Maybe it's just my... well, fortune. To just be 'used' by anyone and everyone, right? Now I understand my childish approach to this situation, *however*... Something like this happened to me already... A bit more subtle, so to say. But I don't want to think about that earlier thing as how you described it. And as I said, I'm just taking my chances. I could be 100% wrong, but I see no reason to express my - childish, yes - opinion. Plus, as I said, I was right. Once. Sorry, I think I repeat myself too much.

About proving you wrong... In my opinion, your theory has a 85% chance of winning over mine. However, as I said, I like to take my chances. Hey, do me a favor - if you ever get to Vegas and see me - stop me from gambling. Eh.

What I'm thinking about now is... what can go wrong? If she doesn't like me, she'll, in the best case (you can see I'm already against all odds) just say so. She hasn't yet, and I can say I spend 5% percent of my time in the lunch-breaks looking for her. You can call me obsessed, but I am so since that backstage thing. Seriously.

As you can see, I didn't really manage to prove you wrong... Yet I've provided an argument (which has a 55% chance of failing in everyone's eyes here) that I think could start up some... well, discussion here.

She already has a boyfriend, why would she give him up for someone who has to write onto a board dedicated to a video game about trying to get a girl?

Made-up conclusions? I went with the OP's significant progress with her (nothing), her relationship status (occupied) and his confidence mannerism. Not a made-up conclusion in the slightest.

But I would love the OP to prove me wrong, lovers young dream and all that.

you forget she's a girl and girls can act very strange...there's your point tounge.gif and he didn't mention the relationship with that boy was 1) long and 2) good wink.gif

@Brad: I'd have to second that 'absolute tool'... it's a lifestyle I'm trying to get rid off.

Read my sig:

We're not tools of the government or anyone else. tounge.gif

Girls/women are strange creatures. Can't ever understand them. I don't even know if they understand themselves. notify.gif

Just try not to think of them as members of another species - best advice I could give you.

23088_s.gif

You are shy and nerd,you'll be lucky if you find any girl,try with girls who wants to be with you,not opposite.

Minus the Boom
You are shy and nerd,you'll be lucky if you find any girl,try with girls who wants to be with you,not opposite.

That response works for most GTAF relationship threads... but not for this one. I suggest you read the OP.

I have had relationships before , the only things i usually get up too now is one night things since im a at a non co-ed bording school. Good luck with your problem. My advice therefore wont be that great

HolyGrenadeFrenzy

That is because you blew her off when she tried to make a bold move with you...It is just as difficult for a chick to make a bold move as it is for a dude to make a move. In her eyes you shot her down hard.

You are going to have to suck up some pride and tell the girl the truth as to why you didn't walk off with her when she wanted you to. Otherwise, write her off as the girl that could have been.

HolyGrenadeFrenzy reads the rest of the thread, then goes back and quotes this man whom understands more than the rest and sits back and smirks.

@OP Don't listen to those men who haven't been at this long enough, or you get exactly what you deserrve.....which is what you don't get......and that would be the girl.

@Edmachine: talking? me-her? no. her-me? yes. Not that I wouldn't want it, it's just my... well, confidence mannerism, I guess? She tried to talk to me quite a few times, if I recall. Sadly, I was in either in a hurry either too much of an idiot to notice.

Okay then. That's something. But not much. Now the rest of what I asked.

Do you actually know something about her personality? I mean... Does she like the same sort of music you do, movies, similar interests, etc? I assume the answer is no, because you two don't talk much. Seriously, if it's just lust, forget about her. As I said, I once "liked" a girl, she was (and is) very hot. Couldn't get her out of my head. Drove me crazy. Took me way too long to realize, that I don't actually know anything about her personality and I don't actually want her. My mind was finally clear and everything went back to normal.

We will be the arms that lift you up oqKntbC.gifWe will be the hand that strike you down

She was probably going to ask you to stop creeping on her and her friends, but realized you were actually slow while you stood there doing nothing. She probably didn't want to offend you so she just said bye and started ignoring your creeping.

Atleast that's what I got from the story.

Jesus'En'Hitler420

What the sh*t? Do you have any guy friends? Get past the fact you are sexually frustrated and you'll see talking to people is quite easy. Yes, girls and women are people. I know, it's hard to see them as that. sarcasm.gif

You just gotta have the confidence. Next time you see heer, walk up to her and tell her your feelings. If you don't get a good response it's not the end of the world.

If you have confidence, you're more than half way there. It's worth a try, have another crack at it.Afterall, you only live once. I do however think you're over-analyzing this situation a bit too much but good luck. Don't be so shy and you'll get there.

and getting pun'ed again

I'm sorry, I've tried reading this in context and I've literally searched the entire goddamn internet and the only result for "getting pun'ed" is this thread.

So would you kindly explain what that means?

oVAzxRq.png

and getting pun'ed again

I'm sorry, I've tried reading this in context and I've literally searched the entire goddamn internet and the only result for "getting pun'ed" is this thread.

So would you kindly explain what that means?

He means they are making fun of them or making jokes about them.

Pun

A play on words, sometimes on different senses of the same word and sometimes on the similar sense or sound of different words.

He wasn't exactly using the word correctly though.

Line to use:

'Excuse me, do you know what material this is? *Rub shirt*'

'I don't know, what?'

'Boyfriend Material. *wink*'

Success.

Line to use:

'Cotton.'

'Thanks!'

SUCCESS

so she asked you to go with her? and you didnt say anything? boy you need lessons. never say nothing. dont freeze up. what's probably more embarassing than saying something stupid is not saying anything at all. think about what you should say in a situation like that like "ok" or maybe even "why, what's going on."

FlavouredMilk

Ha, man, I've heard your story a thousand times... In my own head, I was just like that for like all my life (until my current relationship) You got lucky she had any interest in you at all! I mean, being the way I am (emo-styled) If a chick noticed me noticing her, it usually ended in horrible rumours and dirty looks.

I have learnt one thing in life and that is;

You can ALWAYS help anyone, except yourself.

I spend alot of time fixing my friends issues, letting mine burn.

But dude, don't wait on her, if she wants some, give some, she'll take it. (sexual? or are you just dirty minded?)

Show her you want it, but don't rape her in the toilets PLEASE. That doesn't work...

The easiest way I've learnt, add her on a Social Network *insert facebook font* chat with her a little, it makes it less awkward in person, it works.

Trust me.

Line to use:

'Cotton.'

'Thanks!'

SUCCESS

She'll probably say that if you look like a c*nt.