3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

xbox 360 problem

Shaunr

so i turn on the xbox and i hear the fans start up for a half second then it goes straight to the red rings. i cant even let it sit there to overheat and hopefully temporarily fix it. is it completely broken now? it doesnt seem there's any hope for this. please help. thanks.

Gareth Alan Willmer
so i turn on the xbox and i hear the fans start up for a half second then it goes straight to the red rings. i cant even let it sit there to overheat and hopefully temporarily fix it. is it completely broken now? it doesnt seem there's any hope for this. please help. thanks.

Its Xbox 360 what do you expect biggrin.gif

Its Xbox 360 what do you expect biggrin.gif

You expect it to work at least! Mine only ever had RROD once (touch wood) but that went off after I turned it off then on again. But sorry, my lack of RROD means I don't know how to solve your problem.

Oh, and by the way, all you PS3 users, don't forget that you still have the yellow light of deaf, so don't go saying 'oh, you should have got a PS3', because that won't cut it.

There is like a 1000 websites on RROD, i truly am surprised you don't know what it is.

You may still be able to get it fixed by Microsoft depending on how old it is, newer ones still get this problem, not as much but they do, but it doesn't display a red ring.

When you say it red rings do you mean it has the right three quadrants lit up and flashing or all of them? I only ask as red lights on a 360 don't automatically mean its the famous fatal RRoD. Its likely yeah but check with MS's support pages about the errors or one of the thousands of web pages on the subject.

When you say it red rings do you mean it has the right three quadrants lit up and flashing or all of them? I only ask as red lights on a 360 don't automatically mean its the famous fatal RRoD. Its likely yeah but check with MS's support pages about the errors or one of the thousands of web pages on the subject.

3. the top right one is not lit. and i cant seem to find any information about my case of red rings. but some additional information is that once the fans turn off the light on the power goes to yellow but the red rings are still on

Three quadrants indicates a general hardware failure. You'd want to ring up Microsoft and get it sent back for servicing now then.

I fix Xbox 360s in my spare time, i have fixed over 100.

When it red rings can you do the following

hold down the sync button and press the power button, the lights will change. Make a note of how many quadrants are lit.repeat this 4 times.

You should end up with a secondary error code. Something along the lines of 0102 each number represents how many lights are lit each time you press the power button while holding sync 4 quadrents is 0 1 quadrent is 1 2 is 2 and 3 is 3.

From that code we can narrow down to exactly what is wrong.

Alrhough in my experience they are usually bricked if they instantly rrod with no drive or fan noise.

Edited by lordjubblydave
I fix Xbox 360s in my spare time, i have fixed over 100.

When it red rings can you do the following

hold down the sync button and press the power button, the lights will change. Make a note of how many quadrants are lit.repeat this 4 times.

You should end up with a secondary error code. Something along the lines of 0102 each number represents how many lights are lit each time you press the power button while holding sync 4 quadrents is 0 1 quadrent is 1 2 is 2 and 3 is 3.

From that code we can narrow down to exactly what is wrong.

Alrhough in my experience they are usually bricked if they instantly rrod with no drive or fan noise.

sh*t. im f*cked then