Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,281 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

oldage

Battlefield 3

tuareg

Depends on what you call camping. Holding down a certain part of the map making the enemy team feel like idiots as they die over and over again while you move around in that area does take skill (and luck), but sitting in a corner with a full auto shotgun or headglitching by a wall takes no skill at all. I think people usually feel pissed off the latter scenario.

Banks.

Sorry for the big bump.

I've gone back to Battlefield 3 recently. I like Battlefield 4 but it's no where near as good as BF3 since BF3 just felt close to perfect to me. Definitely one of the best games to be released on PS3 and Xbox 360.

lloydo

That's true for me too. I haven't nearly had as much fun on 4 as I did on 3. The huge sessions of online with a good team was just so much fun.

Mista J

Had a blast on Metro the other day on my nephews PS3. Was playing conquest and I was on the Russian side. It was like a real war zone with long range firefights. Intense as f*ck. We had machine gunners on each entrance into the station, best match I've ever played tbh. It was perfect.

Davo the Assassin

Metro, despite the grenade clusterf*ck it normally descended into, still remains one of my favourite maps ever on a FPS.

When you had a game that was fluid and not bottlenecked, god damn that map was awesome.

Mista J

Metro, despite the grenade clusterf*ck it normally descended into, still remains one of my favourite maps ever on a FPS.

When you had a game that was fluid and not bottlenecked, god damn that map was awesome.

Hells yeah. The ticket counter was really high so we were fighting for like an hour. Back and forth of pinning each other down. If only every match was like that.

Th3MaN1

BF3 was, to me, last gen's (360/PS3) best FPS to be made. There was simply not one thing that I hated about the game.

Campaign? Sure, it was mediocre, but the missions, despite being scripted, were really realistic, fun, and epic.

Multiplayer? Don't get me started. I had the chance to play on PC, and it was an intense, and overall fun experience.

ddyoung

I loved playing this game, but was forced to stop because the maps never loaded and I was always forced under the map not able to do anything

GunWrath

Is BF3 still pretty active? I've taken a liking to BF4 the last couple days.. but I feel like BF3 is still better. Plus I miss the BF3 versions of Gulf of Oman and all that fun sh*t.

lloydo

Is BF3 still pretty active? I've taken a liking to BF4 the last couple days.. but I feel like BF3 is still better. Plus I miss the BF3 versions of Gulf of Oman and all that fun sh*t.

I'm not sure about other platforms. But I know there are still plenty of good servers on PS3. Most games take a few years before going extinct. IMO I wish 4 didn't come out.

GunWrath

I know some people that say they still play it.. just wasn't sure if the servers are still in good population or if it's starting to die down. I had issues off and on today with BF4, texture issues and audio issues. Played fine yday, then today, it took some time for textures to load properly, the audio was lost for 30secs to a min before playing. Players were invisible and I had no weapons. So I'm at the point of just falling back to BF3.. because BF4 is fkn FUBAR at this point.

Johan

BF3 was, to me, last gen's (360/PS3) best FPS to be made. There was simply not one thing that I hated about the game.

Campaign? Sure, it was mediocre, but the missions, despite being scripted, were really realistic, fun, and epic.

Multiplayer? Don't get me started. I had the chance to play on PC, and it was an intense, and overall fun experience.

Can't agree enough on this, I remember being blown away by the Caspian Border trailer at E3 and the weeks after that.. my first experience playing a game that huge on my first gaming PC.

I've put over 200 hours in that game on two different accounts. Battlefield 4 was nothing like that, especially the trailers before release.. they never had that same vibe.

OG_Original

Anyone else prefer this over Battlefield 4?

Th3MaN1

Hell yeah.

Edited by Th3MaN1

The Byzantine Empire

I prefer BF3 over BF4! AN-94 Abakan All Day!!! :D

Sugar Free Nos

I know some people that say they still play it.. just wasn't sure if the servers are still in good population or if it's starting to die down. I had issues off and on today with BF4, texture issues and audio issues. Played fine yday, then today, it took some time for textures to load properly, the audio was lost for 30secs to a min before playing. Players were invisible and I had no weapons. So I'm at the point of just falling back to BF3.. because BF4 is fkn FUBAR at this point.

I hopped on there about a week ago to solo helicopter TV missile some children and there seemed to be quite a few servers populated. You shouldn't have trouble finding a game.

Agreed with those above, BF3 is great.

Davo the Assassin

SA-80 any day thank you very much. That weapon was the f*cking bomb.

GunWrath

How could I forgot just how great BF3 was? .. son of a bitch. Froze up in BF4 earlier today, then as I was getting my stats and awards at the end of one map, it freezes yet again. So I said f*ck it, I'm done with BF4, I grabbed 3 and chunked it in.. loaded up, first map, played beautifully, dem feelz like omg.

marmoo

Only started playing this on PC recently after downloading for free during origin giveaway. Very good game. Bit of an Arma2 veteran me but multiplayer on BF3 is excellent fun

GunWrath

Hell of a lot more teamwork on BF3 compared to BF4. I've actually been chatting and working with random players the last 2 days playing this. Pretty nice to have that again.

Only thing that is bothering is like any other BF game, you have half your team in the Deployment area just waiting on a chopper or jet rather than going for the objectives. All good though, more points for me!

Mr_X_is_back

BF3 was a classic compared to BF4

BF4 I always had problems with the net codes and rubber banding.

Kalvin

I just bought BF3 yesterday, been having a great time on it. Seems a lot more fun that I remember from years ago when I used to play it on Xbox, for me though depending on the team the Metro map is annoying as hell, usually I take two steps on that map and I'm dead.

Sugar Free Nos

Hell of a lot more teamwork on BF3 compared to BF4. I've actually been chatting and working with random players the last 2 days playing this. Pretty nice to have that again.

Only thing that is bothering is like any other BF game, you have half your team in the Deployment area just waiting on a chopper or jet rather than going for the objectives. All good though, more points for me!

I don't get annoyed by people waiting for it, it's when I'm waiting on my chopper to respawn after just going on a 20 killstreak and some random low level wants to fight me for it.

I just got done with a kill streak, I'm Colonel 100, have 33 heli service stars, I'm great with TVs, and the enemy chopper is wreaking havoc at B.

You're level 20 and started playing an hour ago, maybe this isn't the best time for your first flight, why don't you let me take it?

GunWrath

Usually how it goes man.. how about the numbnuts that take an attack chopper just to bail over an objective to land on a rooftop with a sniper rifle? Lmfao. I always laugh.

Just played on Sienne Crossing, it was f*cking brutal man. I rolled as a Support dude the whole time.

c3db40c52b3ade357a1ee4211d373e14.png

Luckily, I had 2 guys with mics in my squad.. we rolled around like a wolf pack, was pretty sweet. Ended up winning at the end, we had like 25 tickets left, it was f*cking close. That's the intensity I like.. it was beautiful man. Don't find too many guys that are willing to shout, 'YO, BEHIND YOU, HE JUST KNIFED MY f*ckING GUTS OUT!' haha.. good sh*t.

Sugar Free Nos

Usually how it goes man.. how about the numbnuts that take an attack chopper just to bail over an objective to land on a rooftop with a sniper rifle? Lmfao. I always laugh.

Just played on Sienne Crossing, it was f*cking brutal man. I rolled as a Support dude the whole time.

c3db40c52b3ade357a1ee4211d373e14.png

Luckily, I had 2 guys with mics in my squad.. we rolled around like a wolf pack, was pretty sweet. Ended up winning at the end, we had like 25 tickets left, it was f*cking close. That's the intensity I like.. it was beautiful man. Don't find too many guys that are willing to shout, 'YO, BEHIND YOU, HE JUST KNIFED MY f*ckING GUTS OUT!' haha.. good sh*t.

Sounds like it was a good game.

You know, if you play on Xbox and ever want a super try hard Colonel 100 on your team, let me know, I'd be happy to play with you. I've been in a few decent clans and participated in a few scrims, so I'm a good team player when I need to be.

Here's proof of my sh*tbucket and my tryhardiness, just so you can see I'm not some incompetent noob:

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/soldier/Sugar%20Free%20Nos/stats/350616318/xbox360/

That goes for anyone else in this thread too. If any of you want to play BF3 with me sometime, let me know.

Edited by Sugar Free Nos

manrki42184

I do. BF4 is terrible IMO.

GunWrath

-snip-

Sounds like it was a good game.

You know, if you play on Xbox and ever want a super try hard Colonel 100 on your team, let me know, I'd be happy to play with you. I've been in a few decent clans and participated in a few scrims, so I'm a good team player when I need to be.

Here's proof of my sh*tbucket and my tryhardiness, just so you can see I'm not some incompetent noob:

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/soldier/Sugar%20Free%20Nos/stats/350616318/xbox360/

That goes for anyone else in this thread too. If any of you want to play BF3 with me sometime, let me know.

I don't care much for stats bro.. as long as there is some communication and teamwork, I'm down to play with anyone, low levels, high levels, doesn't matter to me. I'm down to play with you man, whenever. My GT is same as my forum name.

I played a round or two about an hour ago, 1st round went good, 2nd round went to sh*t, it's like my entire team just said 'f*ck it'. They were sitting in deployment in tanks just tank sniping and not killing a blade of grass. I got my ass handed to me but I managed to keep the game a struggle. Finally some of my guys started getting with the program but it was too late.. so I got off before I raged.

Also, the server browser always says 'failure to find servers' or whatever message it says.. I always have to get in game through the Quick Match option. Wtf is up with that?

As far as that question, I think BF3 is miles better than BF4. It's like an upgraded BC2 but not near BC2, if that makes sense, Idk. That's what they f*cking need to do though, is go back to their BC2 roots and develop an actual f*cking BF game we can all love and enjoy.

Sugar Free Nos

Just played a couple of hours on BF3 with GunWrath. We had some good games and a super close Bazzar round against a 100 tank service star try-hard. We beat 'em by just a few tickets by capping those objectives and staying out of the LAV's way.

Good games, GunWrath!

GunWrath

Not sure whe I'll be able to play today. Babysitting.my.nephews until my BIL comes and gets them. My sister gave birth to my.niece today.

The Byzantine Empire

SA-80 any day thank you very much. That weapon was the f*cking bomb.SA-80 is a good weapon, it is more like a large-clip assault rifle than a LMG.

But AN-94, man this thing is a monster! With 2 burst semi automatic fire mode, AN-94 can beat every weapon at every ranges. It is super accurate, it can be a sniper rifle and you can make some surprises for recons/snipers. If you hit the trigger hard in burst fire mode, AN-94 has the fastest fire rate in the game, even faster than an AEK-971. You can be very good rusher to with AN-94.

AN is the workhorse. Jack of all trades.

Edited by Khan96