tactical clothing

Mokrie Dela

Mokrie Dela
Maybe when the day comes when GTA is on a new platform and it actually runs fast enough to quickly go through clothing, so you scroll down and it shows the stats for the clothing for all purposes, straight away.

Actually i am sure current consoles could do this, just a bit of optimisation, maybe install warddrobe onto the harddrive?

not even that. RDR and LA Noire changed outfits fast, and im pretty sure Saints Row was quicker to change outfits.

The current generations of consoles could do it, no problem.

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

087rqaU.pngVw81Z2a.pngxWvxZoT.png1fb6cYB.png

Click here to view my Poetry

Finn 7 five 11
Maybe when the day comes when GTA is on a new platform and it actually runs fast enough to quickly go through clothing, so you scroll down and it shows the stats for the clothing for all purposes, straight away.

Actually i am sure current consoles could do this, just a bit of optimisation, maybe install warddrobe onto the harddrive?

not even that. RDR and LA Noire changed outfits fast, and im pretty sure Saints Row was quicker to change outfits.

The current generations of consoles could do it, no problem.

I guess only a bit of optimization is required then, i don't see why it was so slow on GTA IV, when i think about other games.

I don't think the slowness of changing clothes is an optimization issue, more of a design issue. They designed it to take a while between changing clothes, when really I think they should ditch the whole going into changing rooms and coming out again. Should go back to basics and have the item appear instantly on the character, in a system similar to Bullys?

Mokrie Dela
I don't think the slowness of changing clothes is an optimization issue, more of a design issue. They designed it to take a while between changing clothes, when really I think they should ditch the whole going into changing rooms and coming out again. Should go back to basics and have the item appear instantly on the character, in a system similar to Bullys?

Haven't played bully. But i imagine you're talking like VC's system?

I like the way IV handled clothes themselves - you could buy pants and tops, or suits/all-in ones, and then you could change them - say you put on the grey tieless suit (with the floral shirt i think), you could then simply wear the suit as it is or then change the jeans.

The one thing i think IV should have done (and V should do) is to instead of having you cycle through all the items, arrange them in a grid fashion with previews, much like SKATE 3, only with clearer previews. But i fear we're venturing off topic with that tounge.gif

I would love to see people react to what you wear - walk around the docks in a suit, people would look at you. Walk around the financial district in a workers outfit with high vis jacket, people would stare at you. Walk around the financial district in a suit, you're a ghost.

VCs if I remember correctly was just skin based, Bullys is similar to IVs except you didn't go into changing rooms.

Reactions would be very good, Rockstar already has all of the implentation in place as zones exist as does the types of clothes so it doesn't look like it would be something too difficult to add to the game.

yes and no. It'd fit agent well perhaps, but the feature itself WOULD fit GTA. all it is is having the clothes DO something, as in the cops look for a man in a blue coat and jeans, then you change into a red hoody and cargo pants.... that sorta thing

Losing cops is a different thing. I think you could lose all the heat by changing uniform in Vice City so it would not be a new feature. And besides, if the cops saw you entering your safehouse in blue jeans, and ignore you after you've came out in a pair of black ones, that would be a bit unrealistic.

Finn 7 five 11

yes and no. It'd fit agent well perhaps, but the feature itself WOULD fit GTA. all it is is having the clothes DO something, as in the cops look for a man in a blue coat and jeans, then you change into a red hoody and cargo pants.... that sorta thing

Losing cops is a different thing. I think you could lose all the heat by changing uniform in Vice City so it would not be a new feature. And besides, if the cops saw you entering your safehouse in blue jeans, and ignore you after you've came out in a pair of black ones, that would be a bit unrealistic.

But going around a corner and into pay and spray isn't unrealistic?

They solved this problem in GTA IV. You lost your wanted level only when the cops didn't see you enter (grey stars on HUD). If the same method was used when changing your clothes, that would be okay.

Finn 7 five 11

They solved this problem in GTA IV. You lost your wanted level only when the cops didn't see you enter (grey stars on HUD). If the same method was used when changing your clothes, that would be okay.

Just going around a corner isn't much better, i don't see the point, if it's going to annoy me i would rather it be a little more "unrealistic".

CookPassBabtridge

"Just going around a corner isn't much better, i don't see the point, if it's going to annoy me i would rather it be a little more "unrealistic"."

Agreed. I think there were too many 'game over' situations and they happen too quickly in the IV games. This includes cops following you into the damn safehouse....

Mokrie Dela

I don't see what's wrong with creative ways to lose the cops. I'm not talking about safehouse - if you save the game you lose your wanted level anyway.

If you break line of sight with the cops, then change your appearance, they'd be hard pressed to find you. You can do it in real life, and criminals do in fact do it a lot - the "cleaners" example from Max Payne is an example, but in the real world. A cops is chasing a man in a baseball cap, heavy jacket, and jeans. The man disappears and re appears dressing in slacks, and a t shirt, in a crowd of people... they're not going to see him.

The simplest example is common thieves. They stick up a shop wearing a mask, then run off, ditch the mask...

Think the bank robbery in IV. 4 men go into a bank to rob it, 3 come out, all wearing suits. They magically lose the cops, ditch the masks and they're unidentifiable?

GTA has always had holes in police pursuit. Hide for long enough the cops lose you, then you can walk past the same cop that was chasing you.....

With my idea, the clothes you wear would become "dirty" and cops would chase you in them. Like cars in Driver. Change clothes and you lose your wanted level. Simple really. In IV it's too easy to lose the cops. Subway tunnels, hiding in alleyways and 9/10, just outrunning them. IMO your wanted level should be tied to your clothes. Gonna rob a bank? Put on a big trenchcoat, and a hat and mask, rob the place, lose sight of the cops, ditch the trenchcoat and mask and hat, then you're clean. It's another level they can take the police too and I don't think it'd be too complicated or hard to get to grips with. GTA is a crime sim game now, anyway.

CookPassBabtridge

Agree on those ideas too ^ My feeling is that it might be easy to lose a wanted level, but its also boring and often involves deviating from whatever you were doing to lose a star. So yeah Im all for a change of clothes system for sure.

Actually I do remember during the IV previews that there was a system where grabbing a different car lost your wanted level. Shame they didnt keep that in.

Mokrie Dela
Agree on those ideas too ^ My feeling is that it might be easy to lose a wanted level, but its also boring and often involves deviating from whatever you were doing to lose a star. So yeah Im all for a change of clothes system for sure.

Actually I do remember during the IV previews that there was a system where grabbing a different car lost your wanted level. Shame they didnt keep that in.

Actually remnants of that are still in the game. I have on several occasions broken line of sight with the cops, got a new car, then driven right past the cops (i was driving north past Tw@t on frankfort, the cops were coming south. They didn't see me. i made it to the bridge to bohan an lost them. I was driving "legally" too so i dunno if that helped or i got lucky.

CookPassBabtridge

^ I'll have to check this out some more....I seem to spend every chase doing a simple loop out of my way until I lose the radar. Cheers Mokrie

Mokrie Dela
^ I'll have to check this out some more....I seem to spend every chase doing a simple loop out of my way until I lose the radar. Cheers Mokrie

I've no idea how reliable it is. I have had times where I've driven past police (as stated) but other times where my wanted level restored itself despite no cops able to see me. I have had it on several occasions though.

Another thought just came to me. I just saw a picture of a nighttime scene, Niko standing there in default clothes, and it raining heavily. Next to Niko was a woman in a skimpy vest top. 1 - at night time people ought to wear coats etc. 2 - it's raining, most people would put a coat or something on.

I'd like to see the peds react to the weather more too. At night time and in rain, people to wear coats and macs etc. (and cops would too). during sunny days people would be in short sleeved shirts etc

I realise this would double the ped data - each ped would need a "warm" clothes texture and a "cold" one. But imo it'd look cool.

To expand on that, people would notice you (the player) more in, at 2 AM it's raining and you're wearing a shirt and jeans, or at midday on a hot day you're wearing a heavy coat, as opposed to more appropriate clothes.

Thoughts?

p.sp. a thought regarding stealth clothes - black clothes and hats etc should make you almost invisible at night in the shadows where as white T shirts etc would reveal you.

I like the idea of the peds changing their clothes to suit the weather or time of day. And if they were to implement the feature of you standing out because you're wearing thick coat and it's 30*, they'd have to have some kind of quick way to change clothes without the need for the safehouse. In MGS4 the camo system was really fun, but it involved you having to change your outfit every 10 seconds in some cases. I didn't find it tedious, I thought it added immersion, but I could see how some people might get annoyed at it. Obviously in GTA you wouldn't need to change as often, but some kind of on the spot clothes changing system would probably still be necessary.

Mokrie Dela
if they were to implement the feature of you standing out because you're wearing thick coat and it's 30*, they'd have to have some kind of quick way to change clothes without the need for the safehouse.

I think you hit the biggest problem there.

However, simply putting on a coat, or taking it off via a bag would solve that.

if they were to implement the feature of you standing out because you're wearing thick coat and it's 30*, they'd have to have some kind of quick way to change clothes without the need for the safehouse.

I think you hit the biggest problem there.

However, simply putting on a coat, or taking it off via a bag would solve that.

If they where to do this, they would just have to make it possible to change from multiple different locations. Changing rooms, bathrooms, maybe even the back of a car. A big issue is that it shouldn't consume the entire game. In cases like this, a good feature is something that isn't overwhelmingly noticeable.

Banned, now stay the f*ck out