IP range ban?

anus

Is there by any chance an IP range ban on Sri Lanka? I've not been able to access GTAF without a proxy for a while now. Need to confirm if it's my ISP blocking the site or not.

Thanks in advance smile.gif.

FIOszpJ.gif

As far as I'm aware there is no such ban in place, we did have a server upgrade a few days ago, perhaps the new DNS settings haven't propagated through yet.

Is it possible for changed DNS settings do something like this though? I mean a proxy works fine.

I've tried on two different ISPs as well.

FIOszpJ.gif

Thing is, Opera doesn't show the same thing it does with sites I know are blocked for sure. The sites that are confirmed to be blocked simply show a blank white page whereas GTAF just gives me a 'Could not locate remote server' (the IE equivalent would be 'Page cannot be found' AFAIK).

FIOszpJ.gif

I was getting the "page could not be found" error when the servers first swapped.

And my mobile only just fixed itself yesterday to let me see the forums.

9zkgc.png

I'm having the same problem with my ip. I can access this fine with my phone, but no dice on my network.

4XEtraA.jpg

A lot of people are having the same problem, me included. All worked well first 3 days or so after the new servers, then i couldn't view it like Warlord, Iminicus, etc, then did what Tank and STM suggested, eventually it took a few hours to get it working again yesterday. And now again IRC won't connect via chatzilla, so i gotta use mibbit. But GTAF strangely work minus images who won't load from time to time, unlike 2 days ago when nor GTAF or IRC via chatzilla worked. Damn. sad.gif

Is there by any chance an IP range ban on Sri Lanka? I've not been able to access GTAF without a proxy for a while now.

Thanks for letting us know. We believe we've identified the cause of this issue and have fixed it. It may take a few days before the change takes affect across the globe.

Please do not PM staff regarding support issues - use The GTA Network Support Forum

Im having the same problem but I live in Florida (in the united states of america)

I have to use a proxy, and I don't have any kind of filter...

Is there by any chance an IP range ban on Sri Lanka? I've not been able to access GTAF without a proxy for a while now.

Thanks for letting us know. We believe we've identified the cause of this issue and have fixed it. It may take a few days before the change takes affect across the globe.

Thanks for the quick fix bro! Keep up the great work smile.gif!

Oh and didn't know that this was such a widespread issue, thought it was my ISP blocking the site at first biggrin.gif.

Edit: Neither OpenDNS nor GoogleDNS fixes it for me btw.

Edit 2: GTAF works fine for me now. Thanks for the fix guys smile.gif!

Edited by Warlord.
FIOszpJ.gif