Why have Pinned Topics been unpinned?

TommyMufc-Champs

TommyMufc-Champs

So I looked on Sports Disscussion Section and all the pinned topics have been unpinned. It's the same with Gaming Chat and Music Talk. Why have they been unpinned?

Some topics were unpinned because they're always near the top anyway due to their popularity.

Sent from my ayePhone

Nice to see the search and find all posts back for us mortals. Thanks!

Wonder if Waddy got his account back. tounge.gif

edit: Right, saw the New Servers topic. I looked in Net Support first.

Edited by AndyGanteks

Nice to see the search and find all posts back for us mortals. Thanks!

Yeah, thanks a lot for this. Too bad it was gone for so long!

Some topics were unpinned because they're always near the top anyway due to their popularity.

Do pinned topics put some sort of strain on the server? Otherwise I find it hard to see how anything would merit the unpinning of so many useful topics. A good example is the game topic index thread in Gaming Chat. That isn't posted in a lot, and it's very useful.

• 3 weeks later...

Do pinned topics put some sort of strain on the server? Otherwise I find it hard to see how anything would merit the unpinning of so many useful topics. A good example is the game topic index thread in Gaming Chat. That isn't posted in a lot, and it's very useful.

Yeah that's the main one I miss. So much work put in that index and now people are creating new topics when there's a perfectly good index of all the 'official' topics.

Yeah that's the main one I miss. So much work put in that index and now people are creating new topics when there's a perfectly good index of all the 'official' topics.

We now have the full search function back so people can search for different topics. Also some game take so long to arrive on the scene just like GTA for example. I am waiting for Half Life 3 news but if I found it I wouldnt bump a topic which hasnt been posted in for a year or so, I would make a new one. A lot of people wont post in sections because they are scared that someone will come in go "OLOLOL USE THE SEARCH n00b!!!" So what? As long as the existing topic isnt on the first couple of pages and people do actually have a look then so what? It will cause sections to become a little more active in the long run. Nobody is going to get in trouble for posting a new gaming topic. Indexes and pinned topics make it all so...like uniformed and stuff.

x3FWE.png