another thread regarding Windows LIVE

kost99

Ok, so I installed it for the second time (this time on windows7) everything is fine...EXCEPT windows LIVE asks me to update...fine I tried it from within the game, it later said the process will continue after restart or something like that. But nothing has happened. So I downloaded the update manually (Microsoft Games for Windows - LIVE Game Setup 623kb version 3.4.0026.0)

***update*** I downloaded it from here: http://www.rockstargames.com/support/IV/PC...date/index.html

Anyways... it told me that Social Club is no longer needed to run the game...so I went with it, next thing I know it erased my whole game notify.gif

So...I unistalled whatever was left of the game.....installed a fresh copy.

Now I want to know what I can do

Please help....I dont want multiplayer or online stuff....I just want to play this game in peace

PS: its a full game 2 CD's retail....

Edited by kost99

Use Xliveless. No GFWL, no hassles.

Just copy the xlive.dll file to your GTA IV folder and you're good to go.

One more quick question....

Can I uninstall the social club and/or windows LIVE? or do they have to be present in order to play?

Can I uninstall the social club and/or windows LIVE? or do they have to be present in order to play?

I guess you can, but I'm not too sure. Why do you want to uninstall them though? You're already using Xliveless and they won't interfere with the game.

Can I uninstall the social club and/or windows LIVE?  or do they have to be present in order to play?

I guess you can, but I'm not too sure. Why do you want to uninstall them though? You're already using Xliveless and they won't interfere with the game.

yeah its just because I have two versions of Live (one which the DVD installs + the one I manually installed)

Anyways, yeah its basically to clean up the crap that i dont need...just wanted to make sure and see if anyone else tried doing so

Thanks for the input everyone

Most probably you have only one version installed, what you installed manually is an update.