Audio buzz/occasional crash

Logic3

So when I first installed it I was using onboard sound, and if I hadn't restarted my computer in a few days GTAIV would get an odd pulsating buzz, that gets more noticable when there are more noises/music playing. Since getting a soundcard however, it happens all the time. From the intro music to menu movements, radio stations to weapons fire, it makes this noise. After a fresh restart it would only happen if I were on a call in skype (it would start and I'd have to restart to fix it again) but vent only made a slight buzz but no continuation.

I can't stop it, haven't found anyone else that has this problem and have tried several audio settings for my soundcard and windows but to no avail. Maybe I should get windows 7 now ...

If anyone has had this and found a fix please reply sad.gif

Edit: Oh yeah almost forgot; sometimes the audio will cause it to attempt to CTD (even with the pop-up "o noes it broke!" window) and starts looping the last 2 seconds of sound over and over until I kill the .exe.

Yep.

Edited by Logic3

For the sound looping issue there are no fixes, afaik.

If you're using XP, then you should check that hardware sound acceleration is set to max.

Tried new sound drivers?

image.png

GTANet | Red Dead Network | 🌲

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

the beginning is moments ago, the end is moments away