Will GTA5 be compatible with Kinect/Move?

Tony-Balls

I can almost guarantee that the next GTA will have, at least, limited support for Move/Kinect if they are released on the PS3/360. I mean, just look at GTA IV. It had limited SIXAXIS support on the PS3.

SIXAXIS was a built in feature move is an add-on. Rockstar could put time in making some SIXAXIS controls becuase they knew that they were not going to lose any money on it condsiering the fact that everyone who has a PS3 has SIXAXIS. With move/kinect alot of the game would have to redisigned just to fit it, it's like saying that SA should have had compatiblity with the eyetoy. See how dumb that sounds? R* only ever put SIXAXIS in because they wouldn't waste money by making a game many people wouldn't buy cause they would go for the normal version, with SIXAXIS there was a 100% chance that someone would use the feature and wouldn't have to spend time and money redesigning the game and marketing it for a lack of sales. So i Can almost say that there will be no trace of Move/Kinect in the next GTA.

Rockstar wont cut out the option of using the hardware. That's not how they roll. Like I said in my previous post, its as simple as making it an option in the menu. Its been proven that the Move is able to control a GTA type game, but it really comes down to preference.

Personally, I would not use SIXAXIS, Move, or Kinect to control a GTA game, but some people would. Rockstar knows this, and from a business standpoint, they would be stupid not to include the option.

Official General

I can almost guarantee that the next GTA will have, at least, limited support for Move/Kinect if they are released on the PS3/360. I mean, just look at GTA IV. It had limited SIXAXIS support on the PS3.

SIXAXIS was a built in feature move is an add-on. Rockstar could put time in making some SIXAXIS controls becuase they knew that they were not going to lose any money on it condsiering the fact that everyone who has a PS3 has SIXAXIS. With move/kinect alot of the game would have to redisigned just to fit it, it's like saying that SA should have had compatiblity with the eyetoy. See how dumb that sounds? R* only ever put SIXAXIS in because they wouldn't waste money by making a game many people wouldn't buy cause they would go for the normal version, with SIXAXIS there was a 100% chance that someone would use the feature and wouldn't have to spend time and money redesigning the game and marketing it for a lack of sales. So i Can almost say that there will be no trace of Move/Kinect in the next GTA.

Rockstar wont cut out the option of using the hardware. That's not how they roll. Like I said in my previous post, its as simple as making it an option in the menu. Its been proven that the Move is able to control a GTA type game, but it really comes down to preference.

Personally, I would not use SIXAXIS, Move, or Kinect to control a GTA game, but some people would. Rockstar knows this, and from a business standpoint, they would be stupid not to include the option.

@ jnzooger

Stop being silly. Seeing as you claim to know so much about how Rockstar do business, you could fool one into thinking you work for them.

Look, most things but NOT everything is simply all about money. or purely down to making money within the gaming industry. I cannot see Rockstar taking an interest in Move or Kinetic just for extra pocket change. Based on the massive success of previous GTA games, I can safely assume that Rockstar do not need to bother taking an interest in motion-controlled gameplay for their next GTA game. If Rockstar does happen to make another great GTA game, it will definitely not need to rely on any kind of motion-control compatibility for it to be another major success. Rockstar does not need Kinect, Move or any of that bullsh*t to make a very successful GTA game, commercially and critically. A great GTA game will sell tons of copies without being associated with motion-control, no matter what. Trust me on that.

GTA is not really built for all this nonesense anyway, so people should stop kicking the idea into other people's ears.

@ jnzooger

Stop being silly. Seeing as you claim to know so much about how Rockstar do business, you could fool one into thinking you work for them.

Look, most things but NOT everything is simply all about money. or purely down to making money within the gaming industry. I cannot see Rockstar taking an interest in Move or Kinetic just for extra pocket change. Based on the massive success of previous GTA games, I can safely assume that Rockstar do not need to bother taking an interest in motion-controlled gameplay for their next GTA game. If Rockstar does happen to make another great GTA game, it will definitely not need to rely on any kind of motion-control compatibility for it to be another major success. Rockstar does not need Kinect, Move or any of that bullsh*t to make a very successful GTA game, commercially and critically. A great GTA game will sell tons of copies without being associated with motion-control, no matter what. Trust me on that.

GTA is not really built for all this nonesense anyway, so people should stop kicking the idea into other people's ears.

While I agree with you that they don't need motion control in the game, there is no harm in having it for the people that want it. That is my whole point.

I truly believe that Move (and maybe Kinect) will be included as an option for some of the game play, but not a necessity. The way some of you guys are replying seems like you think I'm saying motion control will be required, but I'm not.

And no, I don't work for Rockstar, as much as I wish I did. I just know a bit about this industry and the business side of it.

The_Mario_Man

I actually wouldn't mind if they threw it in as an option for some of the mini-games (Bowling, Darts, etc) Maybe if they add some sort of (working) carnival/amusement park you could play the mini-games inside of it using the Move/Kinect. However, I don't see it being worked into any of the major gameplay sections (shooting, driving, etc)

So long as they aren't REQUIREMENTS and can be turned on/off at will, I'm fine with it.

silentsharklol

Like I said in the other thread, a GTA game, or any sandbox game, would not work with Kinect/Move. Trust me.

user posted image

They could support Kinect/Move in minigames like bowling and darts, but motion controls won't be mandatory to play the game.

Like I said in the other thread, a GTA game, or any sandbox game, would not work with Kinect/Move. Trust me.

There is no reason why motion control wouldnt work in a sandbox game, it worked before and im sure it will work again.In fact these games are exactly what could bring out the true potential of Kinect or Move.It doesnt have to dominate the game either as some of the guys pointed out it could be just used for some side missions like street-fighting, playing bowling, darts etc.

silentsharklol

There is no reason why motion control wouldnt work in a sandbox game, it worked before and im sure it will work again.In fact these games are exactly what could bring out the true potential of Kinect or Move.It doesnt have to dominate the game either as some of the guys pointed out it could be just used for some side missions like street-fighting, playing bowling, darts etc.

But it would probably suck because I dont want to have to get up and fight while, well, in a fight (In the game i mean). I have Kinect sports for that. And the game could get banned anyway if it used motion control. (Remember Manhunt 2?) bored.gif

Edited by silentsharklol
user posted image

Does anyone think it could happen? One of the reasons they havent made announcements on GTA5 could be that they are exploring new gameplay ideas, and with the release of PS move and xbox Kinect there will be no next gen consoles for the next couple of years at least so im hoping that they are concentrating on making the game compatible with motion control gameplay.Personally i would love to see it happen.

sorry to say but GTA V would become banned on the system scarface and manhunt (2?) were banned on the wii (well supposed to be except i think they re did scarface)

Yes they will its to much time and money for a thing that will not bring them anything worthwhile. Let me explain something very simple to you. Theoreticly how many people do you know that would buy the Kinect/Move version? adding on to that Move/Kinect are more mainstream/family orintated, I don't think either company want a name like GTA on there most Mainstream product.

Also if you have played RDR there was not even SIXAXIS a BUILT IN FEATURE in the game. So you and your argument fail simpily becuase you have very little to go on. Besides almost of all of the GTA Fan base would hate having a Move/Kinect side to the game.

Another point to make if the game(Theoreticly) had Move/Kinect support there is the question on how would it be implimented. Am i the only person who has tried to go and use multiplayer/cheats/orginizer ect, and accidently clicked on the SIXAXIS tutorial it becomes infuriating during times when you are doing something. So even if Move/Kinect is in the game i would becareful with how i used it.

There you go Jnzooger(Great name by the way) i just poked plenty of holes into the possibilty of there ever being Kinect/Move compatibilty, No profit, more work, annoyance for the fans and the Sony and Microsoft probably wouldn't let GTA anywhere near them anyways.

Edited by Lightning Strike

Yes they will its to much time and money for a thing that will not bring them anything worthwhile. Let me explain something very simple to you. Theoreticly how many people do you know that would buy the Kinect/Move version? adding on to that Move/Kinect are more mainstream/family orintated, I don't think either company want a name like GTA on there most Mainstream product.

Also if you have played RDR there was not even SIXAXIS a BUILT IN FEATURE in the game. So you and your argument fail simpily becuase you have very little to go on. Besides almost of all of the GTA Fan base would hate having a Move/Kinect side to the game.

Another point to make if the game(Theoreticly) had Move/Kinect support there is the question on how would it be implimented. Am i the only person who has tried to go and use multiplayer/cheats/orginizer ect, and accidently clicked on the SIXAXIS tutorial it becomes infuriating during times when you are doing something. So even if Move/Kinect is in the game i would becareful with how i used it.

There you go Jnzooger(Great name by the way) i just poked plenty of holes into the possibilty of there ever being Kinect/Move compatibilty, No profit, more work, annoyance for the fans and the Sony and Microsoft probably wouldn't let GTA anywhere near them anyways.

The whole problem with your argument is that you assume it would have to be a separate version. The way I'm saying it would work is as an optional feature built into the main game, on the same release as the regular release. The only difference would be that the box would have a "Playstation Move Features" logo on the box. (Look at The Sly Cooper Collection for example.) Based on this, EVERYONE that bought the PS3 version would be buying the PS Move version.

The whole "mainstream" thing gets on my nerves every time someone says it. Its used as an excuse for people to bash something they don't like. Mainstream implies for everyone, from the simplest game to the most complex.

Implementation could be as limited as a shooting range and bowling, or as extensive as the option to play the full game using that control scheme.

As for the other points: I've never played RDR on the PS3, so I can't comment on it. I don't really use SIXAXIS when I do play PS3, but I know for a fact that there are people that prefer it. And jnzooger is an old name from the days of Zoog Disney, Zooger combined with my initials.

The whole problem with your argument is that you assume it would have to be a separate version. The way I'm saying it would work is as an optional feature built into the main game, on the same release as the regular release. The only difference would be that the box would have a "Playstation Move Features" logo on the box. (Look at The Sly Cooper Collection for example.) Based on this, EVERYONE that bought the PS3 version would be buying the PS Move version.

The whole "mainstream" thing gets on my nerves every time someone says it. Its used as an excuse for people to bash something they don't like. Mainstream implies for everyone, from the simplest game to the most complex.

Implementation could be as limited as a shooting range and bowling, or as extensive as the option to play the full game using that control scheme.

As for the other points: I've never played RDR on the PS3, so I can't comment on it. I don't really use SIXAXIS when I do play PS3, but I know for a fact that there are people that prefer it. And jnzooger is an old name from the days of Zoog Disney, Zooger combined with my initials.

That is not correct some people will just buy a PS3 and not get the MOVE besides About 6 people would use it anyway.So it comes down to the fact that Sixaxis was there from the beggining and if any feature for moition tech was going to be but in to the the next game made by R* (RDR) did not feature an Built in thing like SIXAXIS then i am afraid that possibilty of any MOVE/KINECT compatibilty is slim to none and SONY/MICROSOFT would not allow there mainstream feature(Move/Kinect made for more family oriented gameplay) because we all now how the media would react here is an example.

: Today on BBC/FOX video game are teaching our kids to kill people, with the realease of Grand Theft Auto V came compatibilty With the Playstation 3 and the XBOX 360's new add ons Move and Kinect. These add ons have motion sensors built in so they can track were your child is in the room, Now watch as i step in front of the camera and punch the air the game tells me about hand to hand combat and on screen training instructions come up. This truley is training are kids to be horrible killers.

Many of the games fans said they didn't want the feature implimented into the game anyway.:

And lastly instead of it being one diffrent piece of Tech you would ask R* to put 3 diffrent types of Tech support? Now there might not be much difference between the MOVE/KINECT but some features must be different and as such would take more time to work on for about 6 people to use it >.<

Jnzooger do you want there to be MOVE/KINECT compatibilty? How about you get everyone that would want KINECT/MOVE compatibilty and i get Who won't want it Hmmm i think almost everyone in the GTA fanbase would agree with me.

Official General

@ jnzooger

This is exactly what you clearly stated earlier. This indicates to me that you dont wanna see motion-control in a GTA game. Now, why you keep up this defence of motion-control's validity and why it could/should be in included in the next GTA game, I don't know, but you sure sound a bit confused. If you dont wanna use it, why can't you just leave it at that ? Why not just simply agree with the fact that a great majority of us like you, just dont wanna see motion-control in GTA, along with the stated reasons ? You just seem to be picking a hot debate about this subject for nothing, when taking into consideration your own personal opinions on motion-control for GTA.

Keep it simple. If you dont want it, just keep it that way, we dont need anyone trying to encourage it, hope for it or predict for it, the bottom line is that a majority of us GTA fans here don't want that bullsh*t and we all have stated very good and logical reasons for why we have come to that conclusion.

@ Lightning Strike

I agree with your last post, well said.

@ jnzooger

This is exactly what you clearly stated earlier. This indicates to me that you dont wanna see motion-control in a GTA game. Now, why you keep up this defence of motion-control's validity and why it could/should be in included in the next GTA game, I don't know, but you sure sound a bit confused. If you dont wanna use it, why can't you just leave it at that ? Why not just simply agree with the fact that a great majority of us like you, just dont wanna see motion-control in GTA, along with the stated reasons ? You just seem to be picking a hot debate about this subject for nothing, when taking into consideration your own personal opinions on motion-control for GTA.

Keep it simple. If you dont want it, just keep it that way, we dont need anyone trying to encourage it, hope for it or predict for it, the bottom line is that a majority of us GTA fans here don't want that bullsh*t and we all have stated very good and logical reasons for why we have come to that conclusion.

@ Lightning Strike

I agree with your last post, well said.

I'm not confused at all. Just because I wont use it, doesn't mean I think they wont include it. That is my point. The question of the topic was not "Do you want GTA5 to be Kinect/Move compatible?" It was "Will GTA5 be compatible with Kinect/Move?" And yes, I think it will be. Judging by Rockstar's past and the way Sony is pushing Move alone, I'm about 75% sure that Move control will be implemented in some way as an option on the PS3 version.

Frankly I'm confused why you don't want the option to be there for the people that do want it. It seems the general consensus on this forum is that options should be added, and if you don't like them, don't use them. (Airplanes, Jetpacks, cheats, etc.) But when it comes to things that could change the playing field a little bit, everyone gets up in arms about it. (3D, motion control, Color TV...Okay, so that last one was a joke, but I'm making a point here.)

I love how an Analyst come out with a prediction based on past operating history, and everyone listens up, but someone on a forum, with similar knowledge about a company, says something, and everyone tries to make him drop it... sarcasm.gif

@Lightning Strike: Sony is already pushing Move on M rated games. Your argument is technically invalid. They are marketing Move for EVERY game, not just so called "Mainstream" but the true mainstream. Kinect doesn't have the marketing push yet so we have no baseline on Microsoft's side to say they will or wont allow more mature games to come out on it.

Edited by jnzooger

Official General

[i'm not confused at all. Just because I wont use it, doesn't mean I think they wont include it. That is my point. The question of the topic was not "Do you want GTA5 to be Kinect/Move compatible?" It was "Will GTA5 be compatible with Kinect/Move?" And yes, I think it will be. Judging by Rockstar's past and the way Sony is pushing Move alone, I'm about 75% sure that Move control will be implemented in some way as an option on the PS3 version.

Frankly I'm confused why you don't want the option to be there for the people that do want it. It seems the general consensus on this forum is that options should be added, and if you don't like them, don't use them. (Airplanes, Jetpacks, cheats, etc.) But when it comes to things that could change the playing field a little bit, everyone gets up in arms about it. (3D, motion control, Color TV...Okay, so that last one was a joke, but I'm making a point here.)

I love how an Analyst come out with a prediction based on past operating history, and everyone listens up, but someone on a forum, with similar knowledge about a company, says something, and everyone tries to make him drop it...  sarcasm.gif

@Lightning Strike: Sony is already pushing Move on M rated games. Your argument is technically invalid. They are marketing Move for EVERY game, not just so called "Mainstream" but the true mainstream. Kinect doesn't have the marketing push yet so we have no baseline on Microsoft's side to say they will or wont allow more mature games to come out on it.

I think the responses of most people on here shows what they think of the idea of motion-control gameplay in GTA - they did'nt really answer the question, most have simply said they dont wanna even see it happen or entertain the idea, full stop. The point here, is that most of us on this forum just dont want motion-control in GTA at all, we resent and reject the idea so much that we do not even wanna discuss whether its gonna be included in the next GTA or not.

And the general consensus on here that many other options should be added in the next GTA tend generally show a pattern; they are normally about features/options that have more of a relevance to GTA and are more typical of what GTA has been about. Not some stupid motion-control rubbish that is in reality a gimmick and a short-term fad. That is not GTA and I'm sure the general consensus on that idea is that it rings true.

Edited by Official General

TommyMufc-Champs

I'm not sure.

NO. Can't beat sitting down and relaxing.

I think the responses of most people on here shows what they think of the idea of motion-control gameplay in GTA - they did'nt really answer the question, most have simply said they dont wanna even see it happen or entertain the idea, full stop. The point here, is that most of us on this forum just dont want motion-control in GTA at all, we resent and reject the idea so much that we do not even wanna discuss whether its gonna be included in the next GTA or not.

And the general consensus on here that many other options should be added in the next GTA tend generally show a pattern; they are normally about features/options that have more of a relevance to GTA and are more typical of what GTA has been about. Not some stupid motion-control rubbish that is in reality a gimmick and a short-term fad. That is not GTA and I'm sure the general consensus on that idea is that it rings true.

Then I don't understand why you are discussing it. There is no reason for you to be replying to this thread at all based on what you just said. You said no, just leave it at that. The less you reply, the quicker the thread dies.

Meanwhile, I'll just be here as a non-biased, Rockstar follower, saying what I think will happen, and if someone replies to my post with bias just because they dislike the general idea, I will explain my reasoning that I believe they are wrong within the context of the thread.

Just because I'm the only one staying on the original topic, doesn't mean the topic has changed.

Oh yeah, home computers were once a "fad," as were HDTVs.

Edited by jnzooger

This idea would just kill the gaming industry for me.

Grand Theft Auto just is not the type of game that should be used with Kinect/Move.

Although it sounds like a great idea for some, others including myself would hate to see it for the reason that again it would just kill the gaming industry.

Controllers are where it's at right now in my opinion, and if your going to play GTA then that should be the way it stays.

user posted image

We said the same when they did GTA games for the DS etc.

Maybe not the full GTA we have come to expect because that would be impossible but I am sure some kind of 'GTA' game is possible on the Kinect, I mean it is the future of a lot of games I would imagine.

Would be pretty amazing.

@Official Genral, Thanks i'm glad you see it my way biggrin.gif

@ Jnzooger do you realy think that R* would follow the fad? I thought R* was well known because it took risks and stepped away from the fads. Now if La Noire does not have any Move/Kinect compatibilty then i will be almost 100% sure that Move/Kinect are dead weight in the realm of R* .However if Agent/Max Payne 3 should feature any part of compatibilty with Move/Kinect then i will look at the subject in a different light, it also depends on how the features are used will i have to play the whole game with Move/Kinect.

I just refuse to think that you can be as stupid as you are. Why argue about something that i just despise to argue about Official Genral put it best. Most GTA fans hate the feature so much they won't even debate nor argue about it. If Max payne 3/Agent/La Noire all fail to have included Move/Kinect then you will agree that GTA V has a very slim chance of having any Move/Kinect compatibilty.

GTA franchise is about as mainstream as you can get, its one of the most popular and best selling games on the 360/PS3.And yes there is a market for it out there i can easily see people cash out to get some motion control GTA action.I can just see it now "Get fit while kickin some serious ass around Liberty city biggrin.gif "

The_Mario_Man

I think people are going through the whole strawman thing again, where they assume you'll have to use the Move/Kinect for EVERYTHING, like driving, shooting, etc. By all means, that would be hell to get used to.

But, if it's implemented for stuff like bowling, darts, pool, etc and could be enabled/disabled just like the SIXAXIS features, I don't see any problem with having it there for those who want it.

Edited by The_Mario_Man

Official General

Then I don't understand why you are discussing it. There is no reason for you to be replying to this thread at all based on what you just said. You said no, just leave it at that. The less you reply, the quicker the thread dies.

Meanwhile, I'll just be here as a non-biased, Rockstar follower, saying what I think will happen, and if someone replies to my post with bias just because they dislike the general idea, I will explain my reasoning that I believe they are wrong within the context of the thread.

Just because I'm the only one staying on the original topic, doesn't mean the topic has changed.

@ jnzooger

Look, I replied in this thread because I can if I want to. I said no to the whole idea like most others on here, so if you got a problem with me doing it, then tell it to the rest too. You in turn, do not have to reply to my posts, you are free to ignore them, if you did not realise that.

Yes, I already said no to the idea and I have indeed left it at that. I'm just giving you the privilege of myself answering back to your posts. You were the one who brought up all this talk about general consensus and other people's opinions, so I spoke about that to counter what you were saying.

The main reason I have responded to you is because Lightning higlighted a very good point about your recent posts. He asked you whether you wanted motion-control in GTA or not, and if you did you should just come out and say it, because you seem to warm to the idea and promote it like its gonna be a great thing for GTA. I noticed you had earlier stated that you personally would not want to use motion-controls to play a GTA game - I found this baffling, because afterwards you seemed to encourage the idea of Rockstar implementing motion-control in future GTA games. So I'm thinking, "Why is this guy so keen to talk about GTA having Kinect/Move controls if he don't wanna use it for GTA ? ". It just looked to me like you were confused, or you were indecisive about where you stood on the subject. Bceause honestly, otherwise your contradictions just made you look a tad bit silly.

By the way how can you try and use home computers and HD TVs as examples to try and show that I have misused the term "fad" ? That was a very poor try, a very poor attempt at trying to be smart. Home computers and TVs are objects of technology that have various multiple and very constructive uses for those that purchase them. Motion-controlled gaming devices are purely purchased for entertainment and fun, nothing else. Home computers and TVs have always been a part of everyday life in modern society, but since when were motion-controlled gaming devices ? HD TVs are just major technological improvements on older TV models, all new TVs are now HD, someone who wants to buy a TV has no choice to get a HD TV - I can't see how you can mock it as being a "fad". You really are not making sense now.

Edited by Official General

But that would be worse, getting up out of the comfortable position just to through a few bowling bowls then sitting/lying down again? Not for me, plus it would take up disk space and time and effort from rahkstar2.gif

The_Mario_Man
But that would be worse, getting up out of the comfortable position just to through a few bowling bowls then sitting/lying down again? Not for me

and could be enabled/disabled just like the SIXAXIS features

@ jnzooger

Look, I replied in this thread because I can if I want to. I said no to the whole idea like most others on here, so if you got a problem with me doing it, then tell it to the rest too. You in turn, do not have to reply to my posts, you are free to ignore them, if you did not realise that.

Yes, I already said no to the idea and I have indeed left it at that. I'm just giving you the privilege of myself answering back to your posts. You were the one who brought up all this talk about general consensus and other people's opinions, so I spoke about that to counter what you were saying.

The main reason I have responded to you is because Lightning higlighted a very good point about your recent posts. He asked you whether you wanted motion-control in GTA or not, and if you did you should just come out and say it, because you seem to warm to the idea and promote it like its gonna be a great thing for GTA. I noticed you had earlier stated that you personally would not want to use motion-controls to play a GTA game - I found this baffling, because afterwards you seemed to encourage the idea of Rockstar implementing motion-control in future GTA games. So I'm thinking, "Why is this guy so keen to talk about GTA having Kinect/Move controls if he don't wanna use it for GTA ? ". It just looked to me like you were confused, or you were indecisive about where you stood on the subject. Bceause honestly, otherwise your contradictions just made you look a tad bit silly.

By the way how can you try and use home computers and HD TVs as examples to try and show that I have misused the term "fad" ? That was a very poor try, a very poor attempt at trying to be smart. Home computers and TVs are objects of technology that have various multiple and very constructive uses for those that purchase them. Motion-controlled gaming devices are purely purchased for entertainment and fun, nothing else. Home computers and TVs have always been a part of everyday life in modern society, but since when were motion-controlled gaming devices ? HD TVs are just major technological improvements on older TV models, all new TVs are now HD, someone who wants to buy a TV has no choice to get a HD TV - I can't see how you can mock it as being a "fad". You really are not making sense now.

My comment about you not replying is based solely on what you had said in the post I quoted. You continuing to reply shows your level of stubbornness to change. I'm not saying you shouldn't be allowed to reply, I'm just saying, based on what YOU said, it makes no sense for you to continue to reply.

As far as the "general consensus" thing, I said "I love how everyone says no, don't change from what we have", and that was it. You never replied to that post at all. From there I only talked about what I believe Rockstar will do, weather you like it or not.

What you and Lightning don't seem to get, I don't want to USE motion control, but I'm not opposed to it being there. And that's where you seem to think I'm contradicting myself. From the first post when I said, "Personally, I would not use SIXAXIS, Move, or Kinect to control a GTA game, but some people would," my feelings on the subject were made clear. (This is actually just like where I was "supporting" the 360 in the other thread. Just because I'm not diehard one way or another, doesn't mean I'm going to ignore the truth.)

And, no, I'm not saying you misused the term "fad," I'm saying that when they came out, home computers and HDTVs were called fads, and turned out not to be fads. What I'm saying is motion control and 3D are going to be the same way.

I really think you are just not trying to understand what I'm saying, or else you should have picked up on that last point on your own. (Or maybe you just can't remember a time before computers. Can't really blame you for that...)

But that would be worse, getting up out of the comfortable position just to through a few bowling bowls then sitting/lying down again? Not for me

But why would you ever want to enable it in the first place?

The_Mario_Man

But why would you ever want to enable it in the first place?

Because it's fun. That's usually what games try to be nowadays.