[WIP|IV] Audi A8 2004

flashg

Never would believe I'd start modeling Audi but for some odd reason that just happened.

Scratch made from the beginning, LOD0 has about 20k tris atm.

user posted image user posted image

Huh, seems like you came pretty far before noticing it. lol.gif Whats your plans for the interior, its quite lowpoly on these screens.

hehe yea tounge.gif

Interior will not stay that low, I will add more details to it of course but will also use normal maps.

Interiors aren't so visible in GTAIV so I'm gonna save some polies from there smile.gif

Thanks!

Didn't manage to model much yesterday, mostly underbody and exhausts. Forgot to

show details when hood, doors etc are open. Modeling is almost done soon and then

comes the fun part, UVW mapping!

user posted image user posted image user posted image

I guess the polycount is around 25k tris at the end? That would actually be pretty awesome for how the car looks like, well done! Just dont forget the lowres mesh at the end tounge.gif

I'm aiming to 25k for the Lod0 and it so far it shouldn't go much over it, not over 30k atleast. And of course I haven't forgot the lower meshes wink.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Very nice looking car smile.gif And it's nice that it will have ~25-30k polies. Higher polycounts lag the game, and even then cars don't look much better. At least it can't be noticed in normal gameplay smile.gif

Thanks smile.gif

Just showing the model is not dead, made the wheels which are raising the polycount quite alot. Hopefully final count won't go much over 35k sneaky2.gif

user posted image

Thanks smile.gif

Just showing the model is not dead, made the wheels which are raising the polycount quite alot. Hopefully final count won't go much over 35k sneaky2.gif

user posted image

I hope the wheel won't be over 4k. save polies biggrin.gif

Hmm this does look nice flashg, not that it isnt already lots n lots of Audi but please make sure lights are good quality and *colored* correctly, not pink tail lights or white/yellow indicators like some I've seen whatsthat.gif

I'm not a modeler so forgive the question if it seems noob but if u reduce the rim poly count by lowering its quality, couldnt u then use a rim texture for detail ?

Agreed, just bake a normalmap for that wheel, you could save quite alot of polies in the center area and where youre using supporting edges to get smooth edges. smile.gif Youll need one ingame anyway.

Ah yeah, and what I always like to do is reducing the segment count of the backside of the wheel. You wont notice any difference and it saves tons of polygons.

Sweet work flash, I cannot wait to see this in game, Nice car choice, my eyes burn from corvettes and lamborghini's, skylines, supras so often! icon14.gif

Sweet work flash, I cannot wait to see this in game, Nice car choice, my eyes burn from corvettes and lamborghini's, skylines, supras so often! icon14.gif

100% agree.

It isn't my first model, I've modeled loads of cars before it wink.gif

Thanks for the reducing tips, not gonna leave the rims polycount so high as it is at the moment. Normal maps should do the work indeed.

Good to hear also normal vehicles are needed, there are soo many sport and super cars around already smile.gif

Well modelling wise, it's awesome. However:

http://www.gtainside.com/en/download.php?d...=25050&orderBy=

I think that link speaks for itself.

I cannot agree more that we need more common car, but and audi a8 is not common in NY or even America. My idea would be a 2002 Lincoln TownCar (don't take it as request, only an example).

So.. it's already converted? Who care's.. Flash obviously ain't just doing it for gta, also for personal gain wink.gif

Well yea not common car you can see on every corner but also not a super car biggrin.gif

Indeed it is modelled for my portfolio aswell, but I also wanted to convert it to GTA IV.

• 1 month later...
Never would believe I'd start modeling Audi but for some odd reason that just happened.

Scratch made from the beginning, LOD0 has about 20k tris atm.

Nice car you are genius!

• 4 months later...

Oh wow since I updated my topic here.

Anyways modeling is almost done, only few things left anymore

Polycount is bit under 49000 tris, more than I expected at first

user posted image user posted image user posted image

Thanks smile.gif

Modeling is now finished and polycount stayed under 50k, hopefully I didn't miss anything which would raise it up biggrin.gif

The tail light in these last side-view pix, looked smaller but I guess it is the angle, I see in the ones w/ the trunk open, it loox larger. We just need texture and color and *the keys* tounge.gif Nice work flash biggrin.gif

Very nicely done man, dunno if I asked this before but which parts will get a normalmap, and will you model highpoly meshs for them? The seats could need one. biggrin.gif