So Long

D- Ice

Hi all, as many of you may know, I've been struggling with quite a heavy workload here at uni for quite a while. Since now I'm repeating a year, I really can't fail again or I'll get kicked out for good, so I need to take my studies more seriously than ever now.

That's why I've decided the best thing to do is get off here for a while and use the extra time studying. I guess I just love this place way too much for my own good - whether it be here at General Chat, at the Diamond Club Backroom with all the shady secret society homies or at the Future GTA Ideas and Wishlist Topics - I've been having an amazing time reading everyone's posts and posting my own thoughts.

I don't plan to leave here for good, rather just leaving until summer and the end of this academic year. I made this thread just to say goodbye to everyone until then, and how fun it's been here so far. Another reason is - knowing my complete and utter lack of motivation, self control and resistance to temptation - this should coerce me into not coming here again until summer, otherwise I'd be breaking my word on something which warranted a thread if I do come back again.

This should be my last post here until then, otherwise my addiction would come back and I'd keep on posting lol. Though I would definately be coming back to this thread a few times to read any replies.

So thanks for a great time everyone, and goodbye.

Take care.

Edited by D- Ice

6g8AhC3.jpg

Though I would definately be coming back here a few times to read any replies.

But wouldn't that defeat the purpose of leaving? I mean, after all, it's time that you're trying to save by leaving the forums temporarily, so coming back to read replies would be a waste of time; time that could be well spent on your uni work.

Anyways, see you soon. And good luck with uni. Pass with flying colours and make your fellow GTAF'ers proud! smile.gif

As I've already experienced, this is a terrible place for university students. I'll be in the middle of writing a paper and come here for a quick peak and to check my reports and a quick 5 minutes visit turns into a hour long visit. I passed all my courses last semester but barely, so I gotta try and spend less time on here and focus on my school work more this semester. Best of luck to you with your studies. smile.gif

Edited by Ryan

D-Ice you're a cool dude. I was hoping this wasn't a suicide thread, what a relief. tounge.gif

See ya soon, hope you do what you gotta do.

kzgN7qp.png

Good luck with university. I don't see how internet can be a problem. You just need to place your priorities a little better. I'm at University and I manage to do everything.

I'll miss your unique perspective on the middle-east man, good luck with school.

Team Fortress 2 and this place nearly completely boned my freshman year in Uni. A good decision this most certainly is.

Though I'll never forgive you for burning the image of Homer Simpson's lips onto the depths of my mind.

Edited by The-King

D-Ice i hope all goes well, glad you made this thread, i wondered where you went, it's perfectly understandable though, hope you do well in Uni!

Came in expecting to be Goatse'd. I'm not sure if I should be disappointed or not (it would have been some drama at least).

See ya in the summer brah.

user posted image

I found, back when I was in school, that taking a couple weeks off here and there helped to reduce how often I'd find myself hitting that refresh button. Best of luck to you, but I hope you decide to limit your visits instead of staying away entirely! I'd miss you otherwise.

Best of luck on your studies, hopefully you don't come back to scorched earth come summertime though I'm sure we'll be floating around one way or another. wink.gif

Good choice D-Ice, I hope you don't come back. I don't mean that in a bad way, I mean it in a productive way.

9H7Sj34.jpg

Though I'll never forgive you for burning the image of Homer Simpson's lips onto the depths of my mind.

Wait, what? I don’t want to know do I?

Well on topic, good luck with your studies, and see ya when you come back.

LanceVanceDance07

Take it easy, and good luck at uni...Unfortunately I have to deal with uni classes as well, starting tomorrow at 8 in the morning.

user posted image

Nooooooooo, you can't leave me cryani.gif.

You had one of the best topics on here and you're just gonna leave it? Traitor.

Good Luck D-Ice, you're one of my forum favourites.

Used to talk to you all the time when I was Eddie280, not caught up with you lately but I wish you all the best. Hopefully you'll be back soon. smile.gif

mIHXV.jpg

That's good you're prioritizing. School makes you smrt.

Then you can come back here and talk about video games. smile.gif

You're one of my favourite members on the forums. Good luck, man, hope everything goes well for you. icon14.gif

6L71qdt.gif

School makes you smrt.

It also teaches you to spell properly. tounge.gif

lol.gif Nice. Thanks for the laugh.