Is it possible...

perfectpitch

perfectpitch

Hey Guys...

Just wanted to ask a couple of questions...

I'm probably too noob to even understand how to make a level, but just curious...

Has Rockstar released tools to allow people to make their own levels? Just curious as I used to dabble with level making years ago, and had a good idea for a project, but don't want to start dicking about unless there's actually documents and stuff to help a beginner make levels.

Also... is it possible to design your own characters? I know you can edit skins, but can you actually create your own models??? Can you also create make akimbo weapon firing???

Narcis_speed6
You can create maps,cars,peds,animations,edit audio,coding (basically everything), with no help from rockstar, community created the tools.

EncryptedReality
Hey Guys...

Just wanted to ask a couple of questions...

I'm probably too noob to even understand how to make a level, but just curious...

Has Rockstar released tools to allow people to make their own levels? Just curious as I used to dabble with level making years ago, and had a good idea for a project, but don't want to start dicking about unless there's actually documents and stuff to help a beginner make levels.

Also... is it possible to design your own characters? I know you can edit skins, but can you actually create your own models??? Can you also create make akimbo weapon firing???

If you mainly center on map when you say "levels" than yeah it is possible , Shadow-Link has provided the necessary tools. And you can use (for now) Scripthook for C++ or .Net if you want to start on VisualBasic or C#(sharp) scripts, it is really easy! But yet it offers so much power and , only imagination is practically the limit.

What game do you want to mod anyway? III, VC, SA or IV.

Also, please post this in the map discussion forum next time. This is a showroom to show your mods smile.gif

Since you seem to have some knowledge already, I'd suggest to have a look at our Tutorials section.