DYOM The Designers Lounge

General Scrotum

Alan Eastwood

Hello there.

I'mma bit out of the loop here and late to the party but it's DYOM IX and DYOM Red stable to do missions? 

• Like 2

Stardust101
11 minutes ago, Alan Eastwood said:

I'mma bit out of the loop here and late to the party but it's DYOM IX and DYOM Red stable to do missions? 

Yes. Both of them are great. 

• Realistic Steak! 1

• 2 weeks later...
AnDReJ98

Just updated the MOTW Discussion thread and noticed that the 10th MOTY (Mission of the Year) was held 2 months ago. I still remember the first one, how the time files!

Spoiler

YPtRejg.png

• Like 3

RedBaron.
On 3/26/2024 at 8:31 PM, AnDReJ98 said:

Just updated the MOTW Discussion thread and noticed that the 10th MOTY (Mission of the Year) was held 2 months ago. I still remember the first one, how the time files!

Hide contents

YPtRejg.png

My 3 favorites in that list are Manhunt 2: Assassination, Drift In The Air and Raxo's Comeback

Edited by RedBaron.
  • Like 1

Stardust101
On 3/26/2024 at 8:31 PM, AnDReJ98 said:

Hide contents

YPtRejg.png

Panthers: Bloody Sunday and Quadruple Extermination II were freaking brilliant. How I miss Target13 and VikingEVM...

RedBaron.
8 minutes ago, Stardust101 said:

Panthers: Bloody Sunday and Quadruple Extermination II were freaking brilliant. How I miss Target13 and VikingEVM...

These 2 were really talented, miss them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stardust101 said:

Target13 still checks in from time to time, but we haven't seen the Italian guy in a long time. Speaking of Italians, there was another talented DYOM designer named Denny Cutes. He has some quality mission packs and missions to his name. I think his profile is still up there on the DYOM website if anyone is interested in checking out his missions. He apparently drifted away into the shadows, much like the likes of many other designers from whom we haven't heard or seen in a long time.

Hats off to those who are still persistent and committed to the DYOM community! 

RedBaron.
3 minutes ago, Yasa - said:

Target13 still checks in from time to time, but we haven't seen the Italian guy in a long time. Speaking of Italians, there was another talented DYOM designer named Denny Cutes. He has some quality mission packs and missions to his name. I think his profile is still up there on the DYOM website if anyone is interested in checking out his missions. He apparently drifted away into the shadows, much like the likes of many other designers from whom we haven't heard or seen in a long time.

Hats off to those who are still persistent and committed to the DYOM community! 

Thanks for shouting out that designer, might look up his work later.

RithRake24

-deleted-

Edited by RithRake24
  • excuseme 1

Happy Easter to all faithful Christian adherents.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
TrippyB

IDK if anyone talk about this tip, but useing Ginput mod + gamepad really help me for making the DYOM. becos you have analog stick you can move slow when doing cutscene angel or object placeing. i always make mission with help of gamepad.

RedBaron.
6 minutes ago, TrippyB said:

IDK if anyone talk about this tip, but useing Ginput mod + gamepad really help me for making the DYOM. becos you have analog stick you can move slow when doing cutscene angel or object placeing. i always make mission with help of gamepad.

Thanks for letting the community know, a really good alternative. But for any who uses DYOM#, by using DYOM#'s specific placement cutscene feature (press RMB to switch between normal cutscene placement and slow cutscene placement), you can achieve same results in KB+M.

TrippyB
3 hours ago, RedBaron. said:

Thanks for letting the community know, a really good alternative. But for any who uses DYOM#, by using DYOM#'s specific placement cutscene feature (press RMB to switch between normal cutscene placement and slow cutscene placement), you can achieve same results in KB+M.

ah that is good knowing. i wanted to use the DYOM# but i get some crash issue like when i use special punch move. maybe i do something wrong with install IDK.

RedBaron.
23 minutes ago, TrippyB said:

ah that is good knowing. i wanted to use the DYOM# but i get some crash issue like when i use special punch move. maybe i do something wrong with install IDK.

Maybe it's because your game can't handle the new mixed fighting style, i can try to give you a download link with DYOM# using Standard Special Fighting Move. Check your GTAForums DMS, that mail icon.

Edited by RedBaron.

TrippyB
2 minutes ago, RedBaron. said:

Maybe it's because your game can't handle the new mixed fighting style, i can try to give you a download link with DYOM# using Standard Special Fighting Move.

sure i can try

MelonDoge30
7 hours ago, TrippyB said:

I had the same issue, deleting the fightstyle file from DYOM# folder fixed it for me though 

RedBaron.
5 hours ago, MelonDoge30 said:

I had the same issue, deleting the fightstyle file from DYOM# folder fixed it for me though 

If you change the value of fighting style from 8 to 15 in the Settings.ini, you can achieve same results without needing to remove fightstyle.s, that's what i did to help TrippyB out in the DMs, btw.

• Like 1

TrippyB

ok nvm now when i do normal punch in the DYOM# addon i crash. but it happen only somtimes and somtimes its no crash. fighting style in settings.ini always on 15 like RedBaron so IDK why crashes so random.

really annoy me becos DYOM# has some useful thing like ruler lines when making cutscene objective. so now i use DYOM# to make mission but remove when playing mission

RedBaron.
48 minutes ago, TrippyB said:

ok nvm now when i do normal punch in the DYOM# addon i crash. but it happen only somtimes and somtimes its no crash. fighting style in settings.ini always on 15 like RedBaron so IDK why crashes so random.

really annoy me becos DYOM# has some useful thing like ruler lines when making cutscene objective. so now i use DYOM# to make mission but remove when playing mission

Even though the punching crash doesn't happen on my end, i also have a normal DYOM installation and a DYOM# installation. Check your DMs again, i'll send something that could potentially fix all weird crashes.

RedBaron.
1 hour ago, RedBaron. said:

Even though the punching crash doesn't happen on my end, i also have a normal DYOM installation and a DYOM# installation. Check your DMs again, i'll send something that could potentially fix all weird crashes.

We cracked the case, it seems DYOM# crashes frequently with melee punches due to it being updated to latest CLEO version, however, it works perfectly in the old V4.4.0, which is the version i use, hence no crashes.

Edited by RedBaron.

TrippyB

huh i never know Troller man make new mission pack. it not even in dyom site and i thoht he stop upload but its cool hes still doing dyom. but where he even post mission now?

Also im hope that Troller man is better now, kinda not likeing his last mssion pack The Journey

2 hours ago, TrippyB said:

but where he even post mission now?

MediaFire

TrippyB
7 hours ago, Yasa - said:

i know it come from mediafire. true question is where Troller man post first mediafire link. he has discord server or smth?

14 minutes ago, TrippyB said:

i know it come from mediafire. true question is where Troller man post first mediafire link. he has discord server or smth?

For years, the norm has been for the designers to post their missions or mission packs in the Mission Reviews topic of the DYOM Mission Showroom thread, and then Aznkei1 records those missions and uploads them to his YouTube channel for viewers to watch. Now, I don't know anything about the individual you're referring to. Maybe he sends a personal message on Aznkei1's GTA Forums handle or connects with him through other possible means, which, quite honestly, not many people, including me, are aware of. Another possibility is that he posts the link to his mission pack in the comment box. According to my experience, YouTube had a mechanism in place that used to automatically retract comments containing links. Now I'm not sure if that mechanism is still intact.

TrippyB
6 hours ago, Yasa - said:

For years, the norm has been for the designers to post their missions or mission packs in the Mission Reviews topic of the DYOM Mission Showroom thread, and then Aznkei1 records those missions and uploads them to his YouTube channel for viewers to watch. Now, I don't know anything about the individual you're referring to. Maybe he sends a personal message on Aznkei1's GTA Forums handle or connects with him through other possible means, which, quite honestly, not many people, including me, are aware of. Another possibility is that he posts the link to his mission pack in the comment box. According to my experience, YouTube had a mechanism in place that used to automatically retract comments containing links. Now I'm not sure if that mechanism is still intact.

hmm intresting. maybe he dont want doing public mission any more. i hope noone troll or flame him to make him do that

• 2 weeks later...

Now that I've made my first mission since 8 years for MOTW marking a soft comeback, I was inspecting some old stuff of mine

Past is past but nonetheless I would like to reiterate I was a toxic sh*thead way back 8-10 years ago and just for the record wanted to say sorry 'cause damn it also makes me cringe

• Like 3

Satourn
On 4/29/2024 at 5:23 PM, Curtis said:

Now that I've made my first mission since 8 years for MOTW marking a soft comeback, I was inspecting some old stuff of mine

Past is past but nonetheless I would like to reiterate I was a toxic sh*thead way back 8-10 years ago and just for the record wanted to say sorry 'cause damn it also makes me cringe

we were all cringe brother don't worry

• Like 3

Yasa -

74f0d-wp-1618145002838.jpg.58a2ab9ddbd729610eb428b1fa45a1b7.jpg

• Like 2