2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

*DO NOT* SHARE MEDIA OR LINKS TO LEAKED COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL. Discussion is allowed.

DYOM The Designers Lounge

General Scrotum

Martin_Strada
50 minutes ago, Stardust101 said:

Hey guys. I made a YouTube channel where I'll post some DYOM-related content.

Just posted the first video, here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

Spoiler

april fools was 4 months ago..

• 1 month later...

Last message on 26 August? Come on bois, you can do better than that.

Just finished MP 'Deadshot' by my pal ghettospaghetti. Time to move to the next one - Katabasis, the one above. Yea the process is slow, like very slow, but at least it happened in the end, and the final result is what matters, right?

• Like 3

Super Shizuku
30 minutes ago, AnDReJ98 said:

Last message on 26 August? Come on bois, you can do better than that.

When your mod has reached its limits, it's very difficult to keep your casual members to stick around.

Not to mention, GTA SA nowadays is no longer has much relevancy compared to 2004 - 2018, and that's also counting the relevancy of DYOM. No offense.

Edited by Super Shizuku

AnDReJ98

@Super Shizuku It's fine homie.

Actually the community has been more active for the past 3 years than ever before. Especially since newcomers and generally younger members shifted community towards discord, being active every day in the chats. We, the old folk - post few posts here and there on the forum, and go away. I'm glad it's changed now. It's always warming when I look up the discord server every now and then and see hundreds of new messages, people sharing missions, graphics, even their own modifications. One could only dream about this happening in DYOM community back in the day. Forums section being empty nowadays (actually it has been empty for the most of time) is a false flag.

As for SA being old, it's true and has long lost it's momentum but it's still holding on somehow even after 18 years. Holy damn, if the DE versions of trilogy were at least something worth mentioning, maybe the 3D era games would've gained huge attention again. Imagine the new, stable, reworked old school game with mod compatibility, tools and what so not? It just hurts thinking what could've been.. what should have been.. welp it's over now. Still, even after the noticeable drop in popularity over the years, SA is still miraculously doing well for it's age.

ilikebanana

Well, I don't know how active this thread is right now but here I will introduce my mission pack which I have recently finished making the first 2 chapters of it (hopefully more chapters will come, right now I'm working on the third one)

Would like to hear feedbacks or maybe criticisms on this one =))
GTA SA: A New Tale

spacer.png

• Like 3

Very surprised but happy to see that there's still some regular new releases here - hope to see more and more.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, ilikebanana said:

Well, I don't know how active this thread is right now but here I will introduce my mission pack which I have recently finished making the first 2 chapters of it (hopefully more chapters will come, right now I'm working on the third one)

Would like to hear feedbacks or maybe criticisms on this one =))
GTA SA: A New Tale

spacer.png

Just finished chapter 1 and 2, great action didn't experience any major crashed apart from the first mission in chapter 1 and last mission in chapter 2, Hopefully this MP continues.

• Like 1

Rytuklis

Decided to look around.

I see that the old DYOM version has indeed reached its limits as someone mentioned. I do see that there are some community made newer versions, but it spawned another issue: several versions of DYOM now and now "standard" one. So basically, if I were to make missions either using DYOM IX or SA Mission Maker, will I have an audience, given that even the v8.1 MP's struggle to find one?

It's glad to see it still kicking. DYOM was a big part of my teenage years. But many things from that era I loved seem to be dying. The GTA MP community I used to play has also died out except for the VCMP server.

Though to be fair when you have community members making cringe mission packs about someone from real life because of some internet beef, what do you expect 🤣

I saw Andrei said there's a Discord community but last I remember they kicked me out the moment I was added so I guess I aint welcome there 🤣

It'd be great if this community would move over to some of the mission making mods available for V. But I guess there's a reason why they stick with this game though.

Edited by Rytuklis
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Rytuklis said:

Decided to look around.

I see that the old DYOM version has indeed reached its limits as someone mentioned. I do see that there are some community made newer versions, but it spawned another issue: several versions of DYOM now and now "standard" one. So basically, if I were to make missions either using DYOM IX or SA Mission Maker, will I have an audience, given that even the v8.1 MP's struggle to find one?

It's glad to see it still kicking. DYOM was a big part of my teenage years. But many things from that era I loved seem to be dying. The GTA MP community I used to play has also died out except for the VCMP server.

Though to be fair when you have community members making cringe mission packs about someone from real life because of some internet beef, what do you expect 🤣

I saw Andrei said there's a Discord community but last I remember they kicked me out the moment I was added so I guess I aint welcome there 🤣

It'd be great if this community would move over to some of the mission making mods available for V. But I guess there's a reason why they stick with this game though.

I've been playing around with IX lately and I highly recommend it.

Also tried the V mods a bit, it'd be great to do stuff on it but for now it seems doing anything worthwhile is still a reach

Rytuklis

I just installed SA Mission Maker to play around with it. Gonna try DYOM IX now.

The Half-Blood Prince
2 hours ago, Rytuklis said:

I don't really see a reason why you would be kicked from there. You're a moderator and a senior designer, and as such you're welcomed in any of our servers, man. 

RithRake24

Yep, I don't remember kicking Rytuklis at any point. Although I can't speak for anything that may have happened before my tenure of course.

One possibility is is he joined with a new account, one of our bots may have requested verification and auto-kicked him after 10 minutes because of no response. For known/trusted members though, they are welcome to DM me and let me know in case they're having trouble with verification (which is usually very easy to pass anyway) and I can manually let them in.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/9/2022 at 3:29 AM, RithRake24 said:

Yep, I don't remember kicking Rytuklis at any point. Although I can't speak for anything that may have happened before my tenure of course.

One possibility is is he joined with a new account, one of our bots may have requested verification and auto-kicked him after 10 minutes because of no response. For known/trusted members though, they are welcome to DM me and let me know in case they're having trouble with verification (which is usually very easy to pass anyway) and I can manually let them in.

can you send me the invite?