DYOM The Designers Lounge

General Scrotum

17 hours ago, Toriality said:

A little late reply here, but I needed some time to think it over. I will give my opinion on what I think about this subject.

As I had talked to Halter in a recent discussion about DYOM IX, creating a new version of DYOM, besides requiring a lot of effort, would be a shot in the dark since we don't have the feedback from the developers and we would be lost without knowing if this new version would have any chance to become official. There are also several other factors that make developers like Naloger (author of MissionMaker) want to disassociate themselves from DYOM and have their own "brand" name, and I believe this comes from the official site being outdated and part of the community not helping themselves.

But I think these problems will be solved in the near future, and we will have some surprises...

Nobody is eager enough to ask DYOM devs for DYOM source code, if its still avaliable to start making changes.. That way you're not going anywhere with DYOM IX

@Toriality Recent contributions from the community are huge and they definitely have a chance to become official. Darkmorgan received Patrick's blessings not so long ago. It's just people come, make a 'new' version and want to proclaim it official as soon as possible. That's not how it works. Patrick and Dutchy worked for years to bring DYOM to it's current stage. Back in the day, there was A LOT of testing, removing / adding stuff, etc.. It wasn't all for nothing. DYOM V8 is the most stable mission maker there is, and if you want to surpass it, bug fixing and heavy testing is inevitable. Consulting with moderators and testers would be the first step towards that. In my opinion, DYOM REd has the most hope but unfortunately my statement in the thread was ignored.

• 2 weeks later...
Jack Muller

Flickering objects. Disappearing interiors.

I have looked everywhere for a fix, but can't seem to find it. If anyone has a solution for it, I'd be thankful if posted here. I know this is not the best place for this kind of question, but I'm sure most of you have run into this problem. It's a DYOM designer's nightmare.

3 hours ago, Jack Muller said:

Flickering objects. Disappearing interiors.

I have looked everywhere for a fix, but can't seem to find it. If anyone has a solution for it, I'd be thankful if posted here. I know this is not the best place for this kind of question, but I'm sure most of you have run into this problem. It's a DYOM designer's nightmare.

Have you tried reinstalling your gta sa but with the hoodlum install, and barely any mods? I installed my gta sa with a disc thingy and installed the hoodlum crack and it never happened to me. Only thing that happened once was ball actor, but that was because i wasn't hiding any actors and i had a buttload of actors.

Jack Muller
6 hours ago, RedBaronFromTheUG said:

Have you tried reinstalling your gta sa but with the hoodlum install, and barely any mods? I installed my gta sa with a disc thingy and installed the hoodlum crack and it never happened to me. Only thing that happened once was ball actor, but that was because i wasn't hiding any actors and i had a buttload of actors.

I did. CLEO, Silent Patch, and ASI Loader, that's pretty much the only things I have installed on the game. I did fix it with something long ago, but I don't know what.

On 1/7/2011 at 9:32 AM, theleoncj said:

I started playing San Andreas on PS2 first when I was still a kid. Then 2 years later I started playing on PC, when I got bored of it, I found out about the feature "modding". In 2009 I found DYOM, at first it was not simple to use it and I thought where to post those missions I made. I stopped making missions, because it was boring make them for myself http://media.gtanet.com/gtaforums/images/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif

When I read more about DYOM, I found the site to upload them. Then I released my first story... (Strange Shop)

Few months later I found out about GTAForums, so here I am now.

Same story as me almost, but i played SA when i was 3. Saw a DYOM Video of Aznkei playing the Resident Evil 4 MP with the "insects" spamming graffiti video, then i tried downloading dyom at 7 years old, tried to making something and failed.
6/7 years later, i tried giving it a shot again, which resulted in my first ever mission, downhill mount chiliad, and the rest is same as Robbie.

• Like 2
  • Realistic Steak! 1

SeanAlgerian
Just now, Curtis said:

moment when everyone used tinypic back then in MOTW early days

Edited by SeanAlgerian

Stardust101
1 hour ago, Curtis said:

Man, you've just uploaded a precious piece of DYOM history. This is amazing : )

Hey guys, Katabasis chapter 6 is out now. Head to the topic to play it:

Edited by zeko
  • Like 1
  • Realistic Steak! 2

On 7/8/2022 at 7:37 PM, RedBaronFromTheUG said:

Same story as me almost, but i played SA when i was 3. Saw a DYOM Video of Aznkei playing the Resident Evil 4 MP with the "insects" spamming graffiti video, then i tried downloading dyom at 7 years old, tried to making something and failed.
6/7 years later, i tried giving it a shot again, which resulted in my first ever mission, downhill mount chiliad, and the rest is same as Robbie.

did u just quote my 2011 post, what the..

11 hours ago, theleoncj said:

did u just quote my 2011 post, what the..

wait what?! Damn i must've been real tired when i quoted your post lmfao my bad. also sorry for mistaking you as robert17 

Edited by RedBaronFromTheUG

15 hours ago, RedBaronFromTheUG said:

wait what?! Damn i must've been real tired when i quoted your post lmfao my bad. also sorry for mistaking you as robert17 

RedBaron: "damn, why there's so many answers to this topic"

Also RedBaron: reading posts from 2011

Edited by The Half-Blood Prince

4 hours ago, The Half-Blood Prince said:

RedBaron: "damn, why there's so many answers to this topic"

Also RedBaron: reading posts from 2011

This is what happens when you don't sleep the proper time lol. But if i remember right, i did want to answer it, it was something that caught my eye, as funny as this sounds, i thought it was from page 644 not 300 something, and i mistook theleoncj for Robert17, dismissing the fact that Robbie had changed his profile picture, definitely was sleep deprived, no wonder i slept the entire day today.

*I mean i think i knew it was old but i still wanted to answer, the situation is very hazy to me, i forgot almost all the facts entirely.

25 minutes ago, RedBaronFromTheUG said:

definitely was sleep deprived

relatable

• Like 2

On 7/10/2022 at 6:15 AM, Curtis said:

Kind of hard to believe people are still interested in the early MOTWs. Has it really been almost 10 years? I couldn't even bring myself to look up the contents of those, my Lord!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Chips237 said:

Kind of hard to believe people are still interested in the early MOTWs. Has it really been almost 10 years? I couldn't even bring myself to look up the contents of those, my Lord!

It's actually fun to see the change in mission designing, creativity and use of SDs. That really make us think we have came a long way.

• Like 2
  • Realistic Steak! 1

Alan Eastwood

There's so many DYOM modifications made by fans and I don't know which one to use. 

• Like 1

Stardust101
27 minutes ago, Alan Eastwood said:

There's so many DYOM modifications made by fans and I don't know which one to use. 

I suggest you start with DYOM#, an addon by a fella named SIZZZ. It adds a bunch of new pickups and new objects. You can now select cars, actors and objects by typing the ID, which makes designing quicker.

The other mods are promising, but they're still being developed and have some bugs that need fixing. But DYOM# is a gem. Really great addon.

• Like 2

Alan Eastwood
1 hour ago, Stardust101 said:

I suggest you start with DYOM#, an addon by a fella named SIZZZ. It adds a bunch of new pickups and new objects. You can now select cars, actors and objects by typing the ID, which makes designing quicker.

The other mods are promising, but they're still being developed and have some bugs that need fixing. But DYOM# is a gem. Really great addon.

I installed that as soon as the author uploaded it to this site. I'm curious about these non-official dyom versions.

• Like 1

Stardust101
13 minutes ago, Alan Eastwood said:

I installed that as soon as the author uploaded it to this site. I'm curious about these non-official dyom versions.

As I said, these non-official DYOM versions (DYOM IX, DYOM ReD, etc.) are very promising, but they're still being worked on. They have some issues that need to be fixed. I personally won't start using them until they're sufficiently developed and polished.

• Like 2

Jimmy_Leppard

The official topic for 'The Masterminds' has been opened. 

The download link is coming soon!

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...
Martinovich

I'm about to showcase it here, because why not.

Expect a thread and a demonstrational pack of 4 missions soon. 😎

Spoiler

20220805211207_1.jpg

20220805211353_1.jpg

20220805211543_1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

A translation of the latest project from Santal has been released 

Edited by Satourn
  • Like 2

Platinum Card
14 hours ago, Satourn said:

A translation of the latest project from Santal has been released 

The legendary Santal...this is a must play for me.