DYOM The Designers Lounge

General Scrotum

13 minutes ago, Toriality said:

Kinda hard to imagine it happening because we never had such event in DYOM history (as far as I know), but I'm sure this will be great.

Another thing I have in mind is that this should be done in December because I noticed it's the month most players have time to be active in DYOM (I can be wrong tho)

Yeah i think that too that it would be great in December, but idk what to put for judges to judge, there should be more things. I'm also considering paying judges for their work also, and who would be the best judge? :D 

Jimmy_Leppard

A lot of stuff has changed since I've last been active here. I'm really happy to see that new people have taken it upon themselves to make new versions of DYOM. I do have a question about that though. Why do you guys not join forces and focus on creating one project, one hugely improved new DYOM version instead of each of you making multiple versions?

The way I see it, in the long run, it will only divide the community in that aspect because of the simple fact that some people will favor one version over another and it will be impossible to coexist normally for that matter. There's also the issue of some of the new DYOM versions being completely new projects which don't support older missions.

That said, each DYOM version seems to have their pros and cons over the other. As far as I can tell, DYOM Remastered is the most stable version and those who know me, know that stability is the number 1 priority in my book. It's also backwards compatible with Dutchy's and Patrick's original work. I've seen the new features DYOM Remastered offers and they're awesome. I wish it came out a few years ago while I was still very much active. I would've definitely taken a different approach with some of my mission packs then.

On the other hand, the other versions of DYOM also have some really cool features which are not available in DYOM Remastered. But for me personally, if DYOM Remastered had a perfect vehicle paths feature, that would probably be it for me. Although I haven't tested any of it as I haven't touched GTA San Andreas in pretty much 2 years (and question is whether I ever will again), I definitely applaud the work you guys are putting in when it comes to creating new features for DYOM.  

Haven't really tried any of the new DYOM versions but they look cool. And yes, I'm trying to get a higher rank so I can finally upload a profile picture. 😹

new video from joshimuz!

current list of gta sa characters:

• big smok
  • reider
  • swet
  • cops stuff
  • the person
  • teabone
  • Like 2
  • KEKW 1

TwerKing Armageddon

Ayoo whatsup everyone!! my name is Dhiman, i hope if anyone of you remember me! :D

I missed you all and i decided to comment here after being inactive from dyom from past 4-5 years... i was 16 or 17 last time i come here, now i am 23 and growing up and watching your childhood game and dyom brings soo many memories...

So how are you all doing? where are all other old designers??

Here are some of my works which i created in 2015... when i was 15 years old.. today is 2022 and i am 22... it feels like a long way here..

Just sharing some of my old memories cuz i feel like doing it haha. :D I cannot believe i used to make missions on dyom when i was a kid back then.

Now speaking of today... i dont even remember how to use dyom and how to open mission menu... i forgot if it is pressing enter button or tab button or y button lmao. Best time of my life was with you guys!

Edited by TwerKing Armageddon
  • Like 3

On 6/15/2022 at 7:19 PM, TwerKing Armageddon said:

Ayoo whatsup everyone!! my name is Dhiman, i hope if anyone of you remember me! :D

I missed you all and i decided to comment here after being inactive from dyom from past 4-5 years... i was 16 or 17 last time i come here, now i am 23 and growing up and watching your childhood game and dyom brings soo many memories...

Here are some of my works which i created in 2015... when i was 15 years old.. today is 2022 and i am 22... it feels like a long way here..

Just sharing some of my old memories cuz i feel like doing it haha. :D I cannot believe i used to make missions on dyom when i was a kid back then.

Now speaking of today... i dont even remember how to use dyom and how to open mission menu... i forgot if it is pressing enter button or tab button or y button lmao. Best time of my life was with you guys!

By this time alot of happened, new versions - new features, and new programs (like-DYOM programs) which offer even higher level of possiblity making a "rockstar-like scripted" mission. Feel free to browse. DYOM IX and DYOM Remastered have come out, they're the most stable - second is Mission Maker. Welcome back

Edited by Horus Publishing

1 minute ago, Toriality said:

I just found out that DYOM has a twitter account, that's interesting

bruhhhh who's running the tweet tho?

dutchy? patrick? or maybe one of the moderators?

57 minutes ago, ZeroRaxo said:

bruhhhh who's running the tweet tho?

dutchy? patrick? or maybe one of the moderators?

I find it very unlikely to be one of the devs since they're inactive for a long time now. It's possible someone is just posing as an official agent of the mod. Considering there's references to MOTW and even the add-ons, I suppose it's someone familiar to the community's routine.

Edited by The Half-Blood Prince
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, jereckdown said:

is there a way to change the weapon skill for a mission??? thank you

No that's not possible although you can use DYOM# which gives most weapon's max skill 

6 hours ago, Toriality said:

I just found out that DYOM has a twitter account, that's interesting

https://twitter.com/OfficialDYOM

That's a easy one. 

It can be Yasa or one of his men, but the page offers good posts so Idk.

6 hours ago, Yasir_RFL said:

That's a easy one. 

It can be Yasa or one of his men, but the page offers good posts so Idk.

I don't think that's Yasa. It does not promote the fake server in anyway. In fact it's telling to not join the fake server. It can all be a play, but do you think he has the capabilities to think of that? If it really is Yasa, then he's just looking for quick followers (which is funny because nobody is following)

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, ZeroRaxo said:

I don't think that's Yasa. It does not promote the fake server in anyway. In fact it's telling to not join the fake server. It can all be a play, but do you think he has the capabilities to think of that? If it really is Yasa, then he's just looking for quick followers (which is funny because nobody is following)

True that, btw MOTW#204 when?

1 hour ago, Yasir_RFL said:

True that, btw MOTW#204 when?

rith still hasnt dm me the format so

1 minute ago, ZeroRaxo said:

rith still hasnt dm me the format so

Gawd, did you ping him on Discord?

44 minutes ago, Yasir_RFL said:

Gawd, did you ping him on Discord?

i did

Impressiveline
On 6/15/2022 at 10:19 PM, TwerKing Armageddon said:

I think I remember by the username Dhiman you told . I wonder if you have dyom profile tho , anyways welcome back to the community . everything has changed whether it is the community or the mod itself :D

19 hours ago, ZeroRaxo said:

Just to clear it's not me , I haven't used twitter for a long time fool 

Edited by Impressiveline

@Str33t Nah I don't. Knowyourmeme is pretty helpful when people are clearly clueless and misunderstand something sarcastic. 

1 minute ago, Yasir_RFL said:

@Str33t Nah I don't. Knowyourmeme is pretty helpful when people are clearly clueless and misunderstand something sarcastic. 

you replied in the wrong topic..

2 minutes ago, ZeroRaxo said:

you replied in the wrong topic..

I don't wanna spam the MOTW topic with off topic talks about meme, so I changed the place to the Designers Lounge.

Edited by Yasir_RFL

1 minute ago, Yasir_RFL said:

I don't wanna spam the MOTW topic with off topic talks about meme, so I changed the place to the Designers Lounge.

oh i see my bad then

3 minutes ago, ZeroRaxo said:

oh i see my bad then

It's alright mate 

Impressiveline
11 minutes ago, Yasir_RFL said:

Wise Decision 

Edited by Impressiveline

3 hours ago, Yasir_RFL said:

What you talking about? Do I know you? 🤨👀

• KEKW 2

On 6/12/2022 at 11:09 AM, Jimmy_Leppard said:

A lot of stuff has changed since I've last been active here. I'm really happy to see that new people have taken it upon themselves to make new versions of DYOM. I do have a question about that though. Why do you guys not join forces and focus on creating one project, one hugely improved new DYOM version instead of each of you making multiple versions?

The way I see it, in the long run, it will only divide the community in that aspect because of the simple fact that some people will favor one version over another and it will be impossible to coexist normally for that matter. There's also the issue of some of the new DYOM versions being completely new projects which don't support older missions.

That said, each DYOM version seems to have their pros and cons over the other. As far as I can tell, DYOM Remastered is the most stable version and those who know me, know that stability is the number 1 priority in my book. It's also backwards compatible with Dutchy's and Patrick's original work. I've seen the new features DYOM Remastered offers and they're awesome. I wish it came out a few years ago while I was still very much active. I would've definitely taken a different approach with some of my mission packs then.

On the other hand, the other versions of DYOM also have some really cool features which are not available in DYOM Remastered. But for me personally, if DYOM Remastered had a perfect vehicle paths feature, that would probably be it for me. Although I haven't tested any of it as I haven't touched GTA San Andreas in pretty much 2 years (and question is whether I ever will again), I definitely applaud the work you guys are putting in when it comes to creating new features for DYOM.  

A little late reply here, but I needed some time to think it over. I will give my opinion on what I think about this subject.

As I had talked to Halter in a recent discussion about DYOM IX, creating a new version of DYOM, besides requiring a lot of effort, would be a shot in the dark since we don't have the feedback from the developers and we would be lost without knowing if this new version would have any chance to become official. There are also several other factors that make developers like Naloger (author of MissionMaker) want to disassociate themselves from DYOM and have their own "brand" name, and I believe this comes from the official site being outdated and part of the community not helping themselves.

But I think these problems will be solved in the near future, and we will have some surprises...

• Like 2