• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Target13

• General Scrotum

• Rytuklis

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Welcome to The Designer's Lounge! A place to discuss, share, suggest, basically post anything regarding DYOM and more!  

PSA: Your friend Dennyscute99/Giorgia Vinegar has been banned because they were one and the same. Not only they were one and the same but Giorgia Vinegar's profile picture was taken from someone else,

The site should be up and running again. We had to rollback to a two weeks old backup.   We apologize for the inconvenience   If there are any new issues, please contact the m

Honestly, sometime I spend jokes in discord server when I feel empty & nothing to do with something right now. Not to mention sometime people aurging and being toxic which is sometime I hate to it.

I should maybe start chatting here, may be able to get rid of my immaturity perhaps? Would love to remove my supposed negativism and pessimism.

• Like 1
  • KEKW 2
M.B. Kovas
On 5/5/2021 at 6:34 PM, RithRake24 said:

As you said I feel this is the ideal place, the sweet spot, for DYOM. Even though DYOM was already past its prime when I joined (end of 2018), this place had the sort of discussions and support that encouraged me to stay and become a member of this community. It gave me several memorable moments to remember and I met some people I think I will never forget.

That's because back in the day there was no Discord server and in other words there was no other platform to go to in order to interact with the community. Unfortunately, there's nothing that can be done about it. You can, of course, pull an AznKei and move to one platform and stay there forever.

I do also miss the lounge where the only proper way to express yourself was in 10 gracious, constructive and very ethical sentences. Good times.

And yeah kudos to @RithRake24 and @Target13 for trying to keep the pre-DYOM server culture alive lol

SInce I was kinda new in this DYOM forum, I never knew there so many history been happening over the years to be honest...

zakarum5835
17 hours ago, lascha2nd said:

SInce I was kinda new in this DYOM forum, I never knew there so many history been happening over the years to be honest...

You have potential.

• Like 2

Everyone uses the Discord server to chat nowadays, so yeah all the currently active members are there.

• Like 1
The John David
8 minutes ago, RithRake24 said:

Everyone uses the Discord server to chat nowadays, so yeah all the currently active members are there.

I see :D It's a little disappointment for letting the community abandoned like this and decide to use Discord.

13 minutes ago, RithRake24 said:

Yeah, it's easier to chat there.

Just now, The John David said:

I see :D It's a little disappointment for letting the community abandoned like this and decide to use Discord.

You see, Discord is a more effective way to communicate with eachother.

• Like 1
  • Realistic Steak! 1
3 minutes ago, Robert17 said:

Yeah, it's easier to chat there.

I can see that. I'm not much of a discord guy. But it's very damn active there!

The John David
Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Robert17 said:

I already knew Discord is more better, fast way to communicate with each other and easy to connect to the new members? But like what I've said? It's not the same way as the old days like this. I mean going back on the past years, most people around here is more active (even the old ones too are active tentatively). And I'm very surprisingly that each section of the community are always in the eye of every new topic that are posted. But for now, since everyone prefers Discord more than this? It's fine by me. But it's losing the reputation.

Edited by The John David
Added Punctuation Marks
  • Like 2

I would like to wish all our Muslim brothers and sisters in the DYOM community a pleasant Eid! I wish you all much happiness, good fortune, and a lot of tasty food. Eid Mubarak ☪️

Times have changed and novelties such as Discord are taking over. Nothing new, in fact, this has been a thing for decades now, perhaps a whole century. Still, I don't think our discord server is chasing community away from the forums. It's just more active over there. We used to have ghost towns in the forum way before discord appeared (or became popular) anyway. It was always like this at some point. Heck, I remember Karzy6 complaining back in 2013 how this place became a ghost town compared to one year earlier and that the only thing he can see are few newcomers posting missions with zero feedbacks. Not much different except we have MOTW now, only to see an unexpected boom in 2014/2015 with activity. Especially here in the lounge. And I do agree that competitions such as MOTW are the only things keeping this place from being totally deserted. I'm gonna organise more events soon and rewrite some old threads so this part of the community can see light of the day again. However, don't except this 'solution' to be permanent, because it never will be.

Oh and I do miss the old good profound, intense conversations that we used to have here through the years. They would bring out the best of us and it's probably the best memory that will stay in me forever. When I think of this community, that will be the first thing I will think of. Didn't miss the spam wars tho, it was boring.

5 hours ago, AnDReJ98 said:

Didn't miss the spam wars tho, it was boring.

Would've been surprised if you said you missed those. :kekw:

By the way, while the guys on Discord know this... I have resumed designing in DYOM after nearly a year of no designing because I was studying for some important exams and then afterwards it took a while for me to get that motivation back. I had been very active in the community nevertheless, looking after the server and MOTW.

I have resumed a paused project of mine, which is Chapter 2 of What Pain Mains. I hope I can complete it soon and I am excited to be able to present it to the community when it is completed. I will also release a remastered version of Chapter 1 which is a complete dialogue makeover taking into account all the feedback I received (many thanks to the reviewers) and through the fixed dialogue I have rectified most of the characterization inconsistencies and I have replaced the basic bland dialogue for something that hopefully feels much more real and closer to the quality of writing in my other missionpack Old Friends Die Hard, which according to feedback generally was a big improvement in terms of writing. I provided @Target13 a copy of the unreleased remastered Chapter 1 to play and his feedback and interest in the project was an important catalyst to give me the motivation required to open up DYOM again and resume Chapter 2.

I hope Chapter 2 will be an enjoyable experience. It will conclude the story of What Pain Means. Following the end of What Pain Means, I plan to finally set up an RR24 Universe thread to explain the chronological order of the two currently released missionpacks and 3 MOTW missions that are canon to the Universe. It's something I have been working on and planning for a while but I did not get the time to make it into a thread, so yeah, that's something else that's on the to-do list for me when it comes to DYOM. (I will also always give due credit to Target13 for inspiring me to make a universe of my own, he knows he has inspired others too haha)

Chapter 1 Remastered and Chapter 2 will be released whenever Chapter 2 is complete, including the SD. I might also design a new poster for it since I'm not a fan of the one I made back in late 2018 :D 

Huzaifa khan
Posted (edited)

screen.jpg

Basically It's a cutscene animated entrance of Roman Reigns New Entrance Music. Just try to spread some JOY in community. xD

Don't forget to check it out.
Hope you guys enjoy this alot :beerhat:

Roman Reigns (Head Of The Table)

Edited by Huzaifa khan
  • Like 2
  • Bruh 1
7 hours ago, Huzaifa khan said:

screen.jpg

Basically It's a cutscene animated entrance of Roman Reigns New Entrance Music. Just try to spread some JOY in community. xD

And i thought i am the only motherf*cker watching WWE today, gotta say Roman Reigns is killing it with his heel charcater on SmackDown especially with Jey on his side banishing the likes of DB, Edge, and KO.

• YEE 1
Huzaifa khan
5 hours ago, M316 said:

And i thought i am the only motherf*cker watching WWE today, gotta say Roman Reigns is killing it with his heel charcater on SmackDown especially with Jey on his side banishing the likes of DB, Edge, and KO.

Yeah, The Tribal Chief of Smack down! :beerhat:

On 5/13/2021 at 1:15 PM, RithRake24 said:

I might also design a new poster

WPM is not "brand new" anymore, so...
unknown.png

On 5/13/2021 at 1:15 PM, RithRake24 said:

I hope Chapter 2 will be an enjoyable experience. It will conclude the story of What Pain Means. Following the end of What Pain Means

Hey, as long as it doesn't take hours to get to the main point (looking at you... V for Vinegar), I'm fine with it.

Huzaifa khan

Don't forget to check it out. :pirate:

zakarum5835
On 5/13/2021 at 9:37 PM, Huzaifa khan said:

screen.jpg

Good to see you around here! I'm not playing DYOM nowadays cause for homeworks and irl stuff. The fact it's that this community isn't much active in this period and I wasn't motivated playing gta sa or dyom. Gonna try this out when I can. ^^

• YEE 1
Jimmy_Leppard
Posted (edited)

Hey guys! How's it going? 😀

I have uploaded a new Machinima video on my channel after over a year in case anyone's interested in checking it out. It took me 2 months to make it, but I really think every second was worth it, so I wanted to share it with you guys. Hope you like it! 😀

Edited by Jimmy_Leppard
zakarum5835

About The Cayo Perico Heist, I've finally found the Panther Statue after 4 months on GTA Online. GG 

Alan Eastwood

I'm not sure if this has been brought up but Anzkei is probably the only one who has almost played every single mission pack and there's a whole archive about it on his youtube channel, and he's been doing this since 2010. I always wondered why he's not active on the forums.

1 hour ago, Alan Eastwood said:

I always wondered why he's not active on the forums.

Yeah I always had this question in the back of my mind

• Like 2
19 hours ago, Alan Eastwood said:

Anzkei is probably the only one who has almost played every single mission pack

Man was probably born prophesied to be the ultimate DYOM mission video maker

• KEKW 2
Huzaifa khan
Posted (edited)

- Winner Of Mission Of The Week # 41

- LIKE, SUBSCRIBE & SHARE  :beerhat:

Edited by Huzaifa khan
  • Like 2