• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Target13

• General Scrotum

• Rytuklis

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Welcome to The Designer's Lounge! A place to discuss, share, suggest, basically post anything regarding DYOM and more!  

PSA: Your friend Dennyscute99/Giorgia Vinegar has been banned because they were one and the same. Not only they were one and the same but Giorgia Vinegar's profile picture was taken from someone else,

The site should be up and running again. We had to rollback to a two weeks old backup.   We apologize for the inconvenience   If there are any new issues, please contact the m

6 hours ago, RithRake24 said:

I love how this 2021 artwork starts a new fresh page on the Lounge. Planning or luck?

I think a bit of both, don't you think?

On 12/29/2020 at 6:42 PM, Target13 said:

9wBd9LK.png

Logo looks nice.

Sincerely wishing all my fellow players and designers a happy new year from the Netherlands. May 2021 bring you much success here and in real life.

I wish a happy new year to everyone - This year 2020 mental breakdowns :[

Spoiler

Forget about it...

I woke up this morning not feeling any difference whatsoever.... 

I feel like it's 32/12/2020....

Edited by ArkianHue
The John David

A bit late to say this...

Spoiler

Happy New Year from all designers in DYOM Community. Even though when we were no longer active everyday just like in the past, but let's keep our fun progress and someday, a mysterious future will come upon us. :D

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, RithRake24 said:

I recorded myself building a PC...

That's a beautiful build. Far better than mine! Hope you have a lot of fun with it!

12 minutes ago, Target13 said:

That's a beautiful build. Far better than mine! Hope you have a lot of fun with it!

Always good to hear from you Target. Glad you liked the build. Building it was a very nervous but satisfying process indeed!

• 2 weeks later...

The-Capaldi-Way-Jpg.jpg

The image above is the ''cover'' of my next project, The Capaldi Way. I've always liked when designers made custom images for their Mission Packs and Storylines. I've made my own images too, but they were nothing special. I'm not a skilled designer, I can't afford Photoshop and there are no tutorials for designing images for DYOM. With that in mind, I decided to create something simple but fun. I basically created the cover of a fake game for the PS2. I even ''founded'' my game company, called Stardust. It might be silly, but I had fun making it, and it didn't take me a lot of time. Creating missions in DYOM makes me feel like a game developer, and this cover illustrates that feeling. Tell me what you think!

HAVE A NICE DAY!

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/20/2021 at 9:20 AM, Stardust101 said:

I even ''founded'' my game company, called Stardust. It might be silly, but I had fun making it

Nothing's silly here! These kinds of creative ideas form the core of why this community exists. Designing logos and promos for your projects also add to the fun and allows you to form a more immersive presentation of the story you want to tell through DYOM. Good luck with your project!

10 hours ago, RithRake24 said:

Nothing's silly here! These kinds of creative ideas form the core of why this community exists. Designing logos and promos for your projects also add to the fun and allows you to form a more immersive presentation of the story you want to tell through DYOM. Good luck with your project!

Thanks for the support RithRake24! I always feel good receiving nice comments!

• Like 3

In case some of you didn't notice, I created a thread in Help & Support asking for advice on writing a script for DYOM projects. Here's the link for it: https://gtaforums.com/topic/968098-writing-a-script-for-a-dyom-mp/

If you have any experience on writing scripts for your DYOM projects, I suggest you leave a comment on the thread giving as much help as you can. I'd love to see Senior Designers help newcomers like me and others.

Have a nice day.

5 hours ago, Stardust101 said:

In case some of you didn't notice, I created a thread in Help & Support asking for advice on writing a script for DYOM projects. Here's the link for it: https://gtaforums.com/topic/968098-writing-a-script-for-a-dyom-mp/

If you have any experience on writing scripts for your DYOM projects, I suggest you leave a comment on the thread giving as much help as you can. I'd love to see Senior Designers help newcomers like me and others.

Have a nice day.

Gave you a reply. I'm maybe not the best designer around here (and certainly not the most experienced) but I hope it helps.

General update: I haven't released any mission in almost a year now. I did have What Pain Means Chapter 2 in the making (halfway completed) but I really want to drop the whole chapter at once so I have been holding on to it for months. I also completely remastered Chapter 1's dialogue so that it doesn't sound as basic and generic as it did, and in the process also fixed some realism issues with the Chapter. I have also held on to this remastered copy for months since I wanted it release it along with the 2nd Chapter as a complete WPM package.

Despite exams being over, for several personal reasons I still am unable to allocate time to designing. However I am really excited to present to you the rest of WPM whenever it may be ready. Still a fair bit of designing to do though... Work on OFDH Season 2 will start after the release of WPM Chapter 2. I have no dates at this point... I wish I did.

• Like 2

Hello again everyone. I just released a new MP: https://gtaforums.com/topic/968158-the-angel-pine-massacre-mp/

There's a few things worth noting:

- Unlike my previous MPs, which the protagonist had to fight against a bunch of mobsters, this new project is something different. If you ask me, I'd say it's like a slasher film made in DYOM.

- This is the first of many projects of mine made using DYOM#, an addon for DYOM 8.1 made by SIZZZ. It adds a ton of new objects, pickups and features.

- Speaking of objects, I added some objects during the missions whenever they felt necessary. Thanks to DYOM#, I was able to quickly find and place these objects.

• Like 2
16 hours ago, RithRake24 said:

@Target13 I absolutely love that choice of trailer music! Is this a remastered/updated edition of 'The Fort'?

A mission-pack from 2015 deserved a song from 2015. The music is an instrumental version of Demi Lovato's Cool for the Summer. Regarding the project itself, stay tuned. ;)

• Like 2

In case you didn't realize, there's a fictional console in GTA San Andreas called CJD 500 inside CJ's house. Since San Andreas is set in 1992, the CJD is supposed to be a Sega Genesis counterpart.

STUFF.jpg

With that in mind, I had a funny idea. For my future projects, I might create a fake cover for them, as if it was a game made for the CJD 500. It will be like a PS2 cover, but with a CJD logo on the top, like this:

CJD500.png

In my opinion, that's way better and more interesting than just slapping a PS2 sticker on it. Tell me what you think!

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Stardust101 said:

Tell me what you think!

It's a nice Idea. However, the letters and numbers themselves are hardly noticable, and some people might get confused.

How about you include the whole white circle where it has the model name (CJD 500), and that white half-circle. This as a whole is a more familiar shape and it's more effective IMO.

sth like this:

sth-like-dat.png

Edited by Aymunz
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, Aymunz said:

It's a nice Idea. However, the letters and numbers themselves are hardly noticable, and some people might get confused.

How about you include the whole white circle where it has the model name (CJD 500), and that white half-circle. This as a whole is a more familiar shape and it's more effective IMO.

sth like this:

I still prefer the simple sticker version. After all, the sticker will be just a tiny detail of my projects anyway, so there's no need to make it prettier. I don't think it needs to be familiar either, as the CJD 500 is a largely unknown piece of San Andreas lore, so people wouldn't immediately reconigze it anyway.

9 minutes ago, Stardust101 said:

I still prefer the simple sticker version. After all, the sticker will be just a tiny detail of my projects anyway, so there's no need to make it prettier. I don't think it needs to be familiar either, as the CJD 500 is a largely unknown piece of San Andreas lore, so people wouldn't immediately reconigze it anyway.

Maybe not recognize it, but they'll probably sense it's familiarity, I guess.

I've always wanted to learn how to edit GTA San Andreas skins, and today I finally did it, thanks to a tutorial by Starscream227: https://gtaforums.com/topic/954107-satut-how-to-extract-edit-and-impliment-gta-sa-skins/

I wanted to edit Skin 221. I wanted to add a camouflage texture to his clothes. This was the result:

gallery2.jpg

gallery3.jpg

The thing on his head was supposed to be a headband, but it didn't look good. On the other hand, I tought the camouflage texture in his shirt worked really well!

There's now the possibility of me editing skins for my next projects. They won't be necessary but I'd highly recommend using them! Tell me what you think!

8 minutes ago, Stardust101 said:

There's now the possibility of me editing skins for my next projects. They won't be necessary but I'd highly recommend using them! Tell me what you think!

Looks neat! I respect people who put the effort to costumize their skins. gives a fresh feeling.

Edited by Aymunz
  • Like 2