• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Target13

• General Scrotum

• Rytuklis

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Welcome to The Designer's Lounge! A place to discuss, share, suggest, basically post anything regarding DYOM and more!  

PSA: Your friend Dennyscute99/Giorgia Vinegar has been banned because they were one and the same. Not only they were one and the same but Giorgia Vinegar's profile picture was taken from someone else,

The site should be up and running again. We had to rollback to a two weeks old backup.   We apologize for the inconvenience   If there are any new issues, please contact the m

Please can someone tutor me on how to make a good mission 

56 minutes ago, Koh said:

How To Make Best Mission TIPS By Unnamed

Download DYOM Addon to enhance your mission variety.

Edited by Huzaifa khan
  • Like 2

Mods.... like.... to become a better dyom designer. You HAVE to download some kinda mod addon to become a better designer. Without mods you're nothing. That's what DYOM is now.. Making so many DYOM addons to comeback the whole mod, but it won't work I think.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Martin_Strada said:

Mods.... like.... to become a better dyom designer. You HAVE to download some kinda mod addon to become a better designer. Without mods you're nothing. That's what DYOM is now.. Making so many DYOM addons to comeback the whole mod, but it won't work I think.

Mods increase mission variety, nothing much else. There's increased immersiveness (new objects) but it's mostly about a better workflow (new shortcuts and convenient ways to deal with objectives etc). Most of the time (especially if not used well) it doesn't do too much to increase mission quality. Good missionpacks require the good ol' intruguing story and characters to keep players interested, which makes you a better designer. Having addons does not make you a better designer.

Edited by RithRake24
4 minutes ago, Martin_Strada said:

Not necessary imo. Although, you can make skins to make your characters stand out more. Some mods on the other hand... like map mods I don't really like for dyom MPs Or SLs they aren't really that important, but for variety they are good. 

Speaking of addons, Dyom# is the one to go addon for making missions.

2 hours ago, Koh said:

Please can someone teach to make race mission .give steps to make it

Just play some missions, some missions has this kind of theme.

19 minutes ago, Koh said:

Tnx bro but I don't understand that one.write down the steps for me please dude

What?

The steps are on the website. Can't you read?

Edited by ArkianHue
1 hour ago, Koh said:

Your own step of making the race mission.all in that website is how to make a better mission, but I am still learning

Cars
The vehicle you chose determines the difficulty of your mission. Choosing a vehicle with poor handling and speed will make the mission hard, while choosing one with opposing stats will make the mission easier. However, try to keep a level of realism, since it's quite stupid to make a Walton race with an Infernus.

Race Track
The track you choose also plays a role in the mission difficulty. Make sure it's well made by choosing a good distance and personalize it using objects and cars. There are many types of tracks depending on the race, each have different variables.

Race Type
There are many types of races you can choose, each will vary in length and gameplay:

Type Description
Drag Short and straight courses with some or no curves. The winner is the player that reaches the finish line first.
Sprint Point A to Point B races.
Pursuit Police chases against the player, it can be integrated to some races for a better, more challenging racing experience.
Checkpoint The player must get to a certain checkpoint before the time runs out.

Making The Race

• Race Start: Use the countdown objective. If you're going to race with multiple cars, put an object in them to prevent them from starting before you, and hide it after the countdown is finished.
  • Routepoints: Guide the player using checkpoints. However, actors require putting routepoints, the closer they are, the better they drive, and set them as agressive drivers, but make sure the routepoints are perfect, otherwise set them as normal.
  • Race End: Set the opponents as Must Survive. Put explosive barrels in the end of the track. So that if they beat you, they will explode and the mission will fail.
  • Example: Here's an example mission of me using most of the tips i said - Link

Miscellaneous:
To make an even better race mission, add stunts, twists, chases, police, explosions! Just make sure you add your touch to it.

Credits Goes To : Zizo008

gRYPaIE.png

This day five years ago The Fort was released and with it began the Target13 Universe. I released the mission-pack with very low expectations and was absolutely surprised by the acclaim it received. Never did I expect something so simple to be the foundation for something as big and diverse as the Target13 Universe.

None of this would have been possible without this community's support and feedback which have shaped each character, mission and story.

I truly thank you.

The Fort was the first mission-pack of mine for which I wrote a script. Unlike Buck-L-Up, which was inspired by my experience of losing a great friend because I didn't gave them the appreciation they deserved; Cowboys, which came from my own personal issue of feeling like I make every bad situation worse; or Epilogue, where Bird Cooper represented my struggle with self-identity; The Fort's inspiration came just from playing GTA V and Saints Row 2 on my Playstation 3.

Back in early 2014, I read that Sandy Shores was based on Desert Shores, CA which used to be a picturesque holiday resort before decaying into something that we now know as Trevor's town. Recently having played Saints Row 2, I wondered what if a Dane Vogel figure tried to refurbish the town and in this case, how would Trevor react? After shooting cops, pretending that they were agents of some Ultor type of company, I decided to write The Fort. Trevor Phillips became Bobby Big, Dane Vogel became Carl Pierce, Ultor became PierceCo and the agents became the Panthers.

I designed half of the mission-pack rather quickly but took a break from designing when my high school junior year started. Around mid-2015 I decided to finish it and released it on the 9th of June that year. I had low expectations from it as my reputation on this forum had been murky and I was just generally not enthusiastic about it as I was with anything prior. I didn't put too much work into presentation and decided to create a simple but readable thread for it without any flashy headers or such. (The Fort's logo is also the only one in the T13U that I didn't design. Full credits go to Graven for that beautiful iconic logo.) I did promote the mission-pack a bit by dropping a logo and quote from time to time but nothing on the scale of Cowboys: The Tale of Betty Shore.

That's something I love about The Fort, it's simplicity. It was just available to download one day, the missions were repetitive, the cutscene angles were horrible, the story didn't really make much sense and the dialogue was messy but still, despite all that it was a f*cking fun experience. The Fort and The Fort: Buck-L-Up are the only mission-packs of mine that I went back to play after finishing. I cringe each time I see a blatant mistake that I was too lazy to fix or a horrible story decision like literally killing all the cops in Fort Carson but f*ck, it was a joy to design and play. Seeing that story translate from the script into the game gave me a sense of satisfaction I haven't felt in long, long time.

I was 15 years old when The Fort released and that is absolutely baffling to me because I never expected to be working on one project for so long. I never expected that one silly mission-pack would give me a platform to release all these ideas and fantasies in my head. Maintaining and expanding this universe has been so much work; each Amendment article, line of trivia, pop-culture reference has been thought-through a thousand times over. I have an ever-changing plan of where to take the universe next and I don't know how long I will keep at this but I am happy that now five years later, I have left something significant to show for it.

The Fort to me, represents a simpler time when I didn't think much about what comes after, where I did want I wanted with the story, didn't take DYOM as seriously and most of all had a heckin' good time at it. I feel there is much that now, almost 21 year old Target13 can learn from 15 year old Target13. Not only regarding DYOM but life in general. I thank you all for all the love, support and constructive-criticism over the years, I aim to bring you more content created with the same amount of love and passion as everything that preceded.

Stay tuned for some The Fort related content. I am excited to share more information soon.

In the mean time make sure to check out Cowboys: The Tale of Betty Shore Epilogue. Cheers!

Edited by Target13
4 hours ago, Target13 said:

gRYPaIE.png

This day five years ago The Fort was released and with it began the Target13 Universe. I released the mission-pack with very low expectations and was absolutely surprised by the acclaim it received. Never did I expect something so simple to be the foundation for something as big and diverse as the Target13 Universe.

None of this would have been possible without this community's support and feedback which have shaped each character, mission and story.

I truly thank you.

The Fort was the first mission-pack of mine for which I wrote a script. Unlike Buck-L-Up, which was inspired by my experience of losing a great friend because I didn't gave them the appreciation they deserved; Cowboys, which came from my own personal issue of feeling like I make every bad situation worse; or Epilogue, where Bird Cooper represented my struggle with self-identity; The Fort's inspiration came just from playing GTA V and Saints Row 2 on my Playstation 3.

Back in early 2014, I read that Sandy Shores was based on Desert Shores, CA which used to be a picturesque holiday resort before decaying into something that we now know as Trevor's town. Recently having played Saints Row 2, I wondered what if a Dane Vogel figure tried to refurbish the town and in this case, how would Trevor react? After shooting cops, pretending that they were agents of some Ultor type of company, I decided to write The Fort. Trevor Phillips became Bobby Big, Dane Vogel became Carl Pierce, Ultor became PierceCo and the agents became the Panthers.

I designed half of the mission-pack rather quickly but took a break from designing when my high school junior year started. Around mid-2015 I decided to finish it and released it on the 9th of June that year. I had low expectations from it as my reputation on this forum had been murky and I was just generally not enthusiastic about it as I was with anything prior. I didn't put too much work into presentation and decided to create a simple but readable thread for it without any flashy headers or such. (The Fort's logo is also the only one in the T13U that I didn't design. Full credits go to Graven for that beautiful iconic logo.) I did promote the mission-pack a bit by dropping a logo and quote from time to time but nothing on the scale of Cowboys: The Tale of Betty Shore.

That's something I love about The Fort, it's simplicity. It was just available to download one day, the missions were repetitive, the cutscene angles were horrible, the story didn't really make much sense and the dialogue was messy but still, despite all that it was a f*cking fun experience. The Fort and The Fort: Buck-L-Up are the only mission-packs of mine that I went back to play after finishing. I cringe each time I see a blatant mistake that I was too lazy to fix or a horrible story decision like literally killing all the cops in Fort Carson but f*ck, it was a joy to design and play. Seeing that story translate from the script into the game gave me a sense of satisfaction I haven't felt in long, long time.

I was 15 years old when The Fort released and that is absolutely baffling to me because I never expected to be working on one project for so long. I never expected that one silly mission-pack would give me a platform to release all these ideas and fantasies in my head. Maintaining and expanding this universe has been so much work; each Amendment article, line of trivia, pop-culture reference has been thought-through a thousand times over. I have an ever-changing plan of where to take the universe next and I don't know how long I will keep at this but I am happy that now five years later, I have left something significant to show for it.

The Fort to me, represents a simpler time when I didn't think much about what comes after, where I did want I wanted with the story, didn't take DYOM as seriously and most of all had a heckin' good time at it. I feel there is much that now, almost 21 year old Target13 can learn from 15 year old Target13. Not only regarding DYOM but life in general. I thank you all for all the love, support and constructive-criticism over the years, I aim to bring you more content created with the same amount of love and passion as everything that preceded.

Stay tuned for some The Fort related content. I am excited to share more information soon.

In the mean time make sure to check out Cowboys: The Tale of Betty Shore Epilogue. Cheers!

Well I guess, happy 5 year anniversary for "The Target13 Universe"📶🎆🎇🎂

2 minutes ago, Koh said:

Ok step one what

Step two what

Step what

That is what i meant

Search Andrej's tutorials on YouTube on how to make a basic mission. His videos will show you step-by-step. Using that, combined with the text tutorial that Arkian linked you, you can make a basic race mission easily.

7 hours ago, Target13 said:

gRYPaIE.png

Damn, it's been 5 years? I've only been here for less than two years so I wouldn't know, but I've played all the entries in your Universe and I'm glad that was one of the first things I did after checking out the forums. I loved them. Not to mention, the idea of using creating the T13U (which as far as I know, was inspired from the MCU) really resonated with me. Really creative how you decided to implement a 'universe' idea into DYOM. Guess where the RithRake24 Universe was inspired from? I've always admired people who use the resources they have at their fingertips to keep doing more that what you expect can be achieved by those resources. That's the reason why you caught my eye instantly when I started using the forums. You were this dude using the Lounge platform for proper advertisements with eye-catching logos (you were advertising Cowboys Season 1 by the way). Proper teasers with amazingly designed logos. Even with news articles from fictional in-universe newspapers! Almost felt like the work of a movie production's marketing department. You've always inspired me in that sense. If @The Half-Blood Prince is hands-down the designer who always rips apart the argument that DYOM is 'highly limited and needs an update' by continously implemently completely fresh gameplay ideas, you're the person who reinvents the very idea of being on the forums itself as a member. Someone whom others can look up to.

I think I might have said it before but it's amazing how you used real life inspirations and ideas as a basis for the events of Cowboys and its sequel. Which truly resulted in very realistic and emotive situations. I truly look forward to any future projects you might release!

• Like 1
  • Best Bru 1
2 hours ago, Koh said:

What about race mission

Stop spamming for help here. You can go to the Dyom help and support and make a topic there and ask all you want. Here!

As RithRake24 mentioned, you can check andrej's youtube channel for

dyom tuts, tips and help. Or go to 

Dyom Website For Extra Help 😃

~Ark

Edited by ArkianHue
*Added a paragraph for clarification
  • Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

- The complete Remake of TOD mission "El Macho Meeting" with complete Actor voice & Soundtrack in GTA San Andreas style.

- Multi - Designing mission Pack

- Regards: @Huzaifa khan & @XxGrovexX 

- Hope you enjoy it.

- LIKE , SUBSCRIBE & SHARE :beerhat:

Edited by Huzaifa khan
  • Like 1
  • Best Bru 1

- The complete Remake of TOD mission "A Saving Angel" with complete Actor voice & Soundtrack in GTA San Andreas style.

- Multi - Designing mission Pack

- Regards: @Huzaifa khan & @XxGrovexX 

- Hope you enjoy it.

• Like 2

- The complete remake of TOD mission "The General & Escape The Jungle" in GTA San Andreas style.

- You can Download this mission from here: Agent 'Ram'

- Here's the Profile link of: XxGrovexX

- Hope you enjoy it.

• Like 4