• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Target13

• General Scrotum

• Rytuklis

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

To be edited.

PSA: Your friend Dennyscute99/Giorgia Vinegar has been banned because they were one and the same. Not only they were one and the same but Giorgia Vinegar's profile picture was taken from someone else,

The site should be up and running again. We had to rollback to a two weeks old backup.   We apologize for the inconvenience   If there are any new issues, please contact the m

1 minute ago, Курлыка said:

@Platinum Card translates the second act into English right now, so soon the second act in English will be released, I think

Okay! I like this storyline and i will start playing!

9 hours ago, Курлыка said:

I am the creator of the original project "The Council" (Sorry for my bad English, btw). I would like to sincerely thank you for your work on the translation, this is very cool (I did not think that foreign players are interested in my project). I would also like to send the English versions of the covers of acts (I’m lucky that I still have the psd files of the covers)

C6zSSYw6f-g.jpgOlYTt2G5ECY.jpg

I've updated both Act 1 and Act 2 translations. I'll release them very soon. I've been busy with some other side projects but I've really enjoyed the story that's being told. The soundtrack and dynamic of the characters allowed me to finish the translation to completion. Just want to make small adjustments in grammar and punctuation.

Edited by Platinum Card
spellcheck
Курлыка
2 hours ago, Platinum Card said:

I've updated both Act 1 and Act 2 translations. I'll release them very soon. I've been busy with some other side projects but I've really enjoyed the story that's being told. The soundtrack and dynamic of the characters allowed me to finish the translation to completion. Iust want to make small adjustments in grammar and punctuation.

Well, that's great! I think I will also play the English version when it comes out (although I don't understand anything in English, most likely, but I really want to see it) 😀

Ey guys, any thoughts on L DYOM [LUA DYOM] - somebody from Russia is actually "upgrading" the DYOM modification, and somebody know - for example how to run BETA version of it?

Heres the video btw

So far I know, the readme file is in Russian but anyway - what anybody thinks of it?

55 minutes ago, Mikolajek451 said:

Ey guys, any thoughts on L DYOM [LUA DYOM] - somebody from Russia is actually "upgrading" the DYOM modification, and somebody know - for example how to run BETA version of it?

Heres the video btw

So far I know, the readme file is in Russian but anyway - what anybody thinks of it?

Potentially the future of DYOM, and I sincerely believe it can overshadow the original if there's enough support for it. But of course we need to wait for the official release first. Looks promising already though.

2 hours ago, Mikolajek451 said:

Heres the video btw

Very promising! Using the mouse to navigate the menu will speed up the workflow A LOT. What other features are intended to be put into this?

• Like 2
17 hours ago, Aymunz said:

Very promising! Using the mouse to navigate the menu will speed up the workflow A LOT. What other features are intended to be put into this?

So far, there's a download LINK if you want guys - to test it out - and if anybody's Russian, can you translate the ReadMe file please? https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iH-1JIKBjwgWgJQn6kxRb1X-1cEieRUT/view

I literally don't know where to put fonts, looking at the file - it seems like it's needed to run the modification.

And from this trailer, it seems like it has some new features - for example in cars category - cars can get Impact Resistant which i don't know what means, and also Shock Resistant. And if nodes shown in the trailer in 0:40 for example will give us a chance, to program for example AI driving in missions, to be more precise - this would be literally amazing. Also on this guy's channel - there's an additional gameplay video from the modification - and it shows that u will be able [i think] to even put your CUSTOM animations. I talk about this:

Edited by Guest
The John David
21 minutes ago, Mikolajek451 said:

So far, there's a download LINK if you want guys - to test it out - and if anybody's Russian, can you translate the ReadMe file please? https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iH-1JIKBjwgWgJQn6kxRb1X-1cEieRUT/view

I literally don't know where to put fonts, looking at the file - it seems like it's needed to run the modification.

And from this trailer, it seems like it has some new features - for example in cars category - cars can get Impact Resistant which i don't know what means, and also Shock Resistant. And if nodes shown in the trailer in 0:40 for example will give us a chance, to program for example AI driving in missions, to be more precise - this would be literally amazing. Also on this guy's channel - there's an additional gameplay video from the modification - and it shows that u will be able [i think] to even put your CUSTOM animations. I talk about this:

OMG, this looks so awesome. I might want to test this out.

Edited by The John David
2 hours ago, Mikolajek451 said:

And from this trailer, it seems like it has some new features - for example in cars category - cars can get Impact Resistant which i don't know what means, and also Shock Resistant. And if nodes shown in the trailer in 0:40 for example will give us a chance, to program for example AI driving in missions, to be more precise - this would be literally amazing. Also on this guy's channel - there's an additional gameplay video from the modification - and it shows that u will be able [i think] to even put your CUSTOM animations.

Impact/shock resistant options mean that the vehicle will act like a moving object. It means the vehicle will not be able to be touched (everything will just bounce off of it) or be affected by anything such as a hit impact of explosions etc. in order for it to follow its route without interruptions - example of that would be Tenpenny's firetruck in End of the line mission in original GTA San Andreas. I assume the same feature will be available for actors where they can act like a stationary/moving object, meaning that they're not affected by explosions, bullets or anything else from the environment (as seen in the trailer video where the actor stands next to the explosion without flying away from the impact).

I watched the two videos of ldyom here and a few more videos on the official ldyom site. I have to agree with SatournFan that it has the potential to be the future of DYOM, it definitely looks absolutely amazing. From the trailer, it looks like there will be a feature identical to the ''task sequence'' in Menyoo for GTA V. I'd like to see full list of features. However, I have three major concerns. And let me say right away that I'm in no way trying to bash on the creators or anything. The creators already have massive respect from me, but from a user standpoint, I have concerns. I'd like to hear what the creators can say about the following and hopefully put my mind at ease here. The three major concerns I have are the accessibility, functionality and of course the stability of the mod,

Accessibility - From the looks of it, ldyom is about three times more complicated to use than regular DYOM we have now. It depends on how many new features it has opposed to regular DYOM. Does ldyom have all the features that DYOM 8.1 currently has to begin with + new ones or do some of the new features replace some of the existing ones? Hopefully it's the former. If it's the latter, then that's not really good news. Point is, if it's that more complicated to use and it doesn't offer a lot more features, then it's counter productive.

Functionality - Linked to accessibility, but more important. Since it looks more complicated, the creation time comes into question. I've watched a couple of videos on the official site where, even though I haven't understood a word the guy was saying, it took him a long time to simply create one car and two actors which then did nothing. DYOM we have now is easy to use and more importantly, it's fast paced. Creating missions is a fast process which is a critical feature. ldyom looks like it's even more complicated and way slower paced than the ''Build a mission'' mod for GTA V. I mean, judging solely by the few demonstration videos on the official site, it looks like it would take days to create one mission because of how complicated it is to spawn and link stuff. Not to mention the still unknown functionality of the new features like the diagram thing which work principle I don't really understand at this point. I'm worried to think how long it would take to create a full-fledged mission pack of let's say 50 missions then. It would take over a year or longer to finish a project. Nobody has that amount of time. Hopefully I'm missing something here and the reality of it is much different, but it doesn't look like it.

Stability - Speaks for itself. The most important thing is the stability of the mod. The first question that always needs to be asked is, is the mod 100% stable? If not, then all of the new features and stuff don't really matter.

In any case, I'd like to see the full list of features first and then the answers to the three concerning questions above. If the mod is 100% stable, as fast paced as current DYOM and not as complicated as it looks, then I'm absolutely sold. Then the mod is definitely a beginning of a new DYOM era. 😀

Edited by Jimmy_Leppard
Курлыка

Once I made a trailer before the release of the second act of The Council (in Russian).
Now, since the second act will be released in English, I decided to remake that trailer in English.

So, here a trailer for The Council. Act 2: War and Peace:

https://youtu.be/tg_2JgHnYOI

Edited by Курлыка
  • Like 3

I think that developers should hand over the DYOM site and other functions to some moderators or senior designers. They are adults who no longer deal with it while on the other hand we have people who are here every day. The DYOM site needs to be upgraded and the mode also. That is the only way for this mode to live. Someone in Russia is upgrading mode... while the developers are not here and releasing it without an English translation. In the style of who cares about us? This is the original DYOM mode ... must have some consultation with the developers!? They have to shift the responsibility for the mod to someone else who is always here, some moderator or senior designer. Stop with bullsh*t! Millions of people are playing GTA San Andreas every day! Millions! While just maybe 30 of us are sitting here! Come on man!

Edited by MihajloS
  • Like 3
1 hour ago, Jimmy_Leppard said:

Impact/shock resistant options mean that the vehicle will act like a moving object. It means the vehicle will not be able to be touched (everything will just bounce off of it) or be affected by anything such as a hit impact of explosions etc. in order for it to follow its route without interruptions - example of that would be Tenpenny's firetruck in End of the line mission in original GTA San Andreas. I assume the same feature will be available for actors where they can act like a stationary/moving object, meaning that they're not affected by explosions, bullets or anything else from the environment (as seen in the trailer video where the actor stands next to the explosion without flying away from the impact).

I watched the two videos of ldyom here and a few more videos on the official ldyom site. I have to agree with SatournFan that it has the potential to be the future of DYOM, it definitely looks absolutely amazing. From the trailer, it looks like there will be a feature identical to the ''task sequence'' in Menyoo for GTA V. I'd like to see full list of features. However, I have three major concerns. And let me say right away that I'm in no way trying to bash on the creators or anything. The creators already have massive respect from me, but from a user standpoint, I have concerns. I'd like to hear what the creators can say about the following and hopefully put my mind at ease here. The three major concerns I have are the accessibility, functionality and of course the stability of the mod,

Accessibility - From the looks of it, ldyom is about three times more complicated to use than regular DYOM we have now. It depends on how many new features it has opposed to regular DYOM. Does ldyom have all the features that DYOM 8.1 currently has to begin with + new ones or do some of the new features replace some of the existing ones? Hopefully it's the former. If it's the latter, then that's not really good news. Point is, if it's that more complicated to use and it doesn't offer a lot more features, then it's counter productive.

Functionality - Linked to accessibility, but more important. Since it looks more complicated, the creation time comes into question. I've watched a couple of videos on the official site where, even though I haven't understood a word the guy was saying, it took him a long time to simply create one car and two actors which then did nothing. DYOM we have now is easy to use and more importantly, it's fast paced. Creating missions is a fast process which is a critical feature. ldyom looks like it's even more complicated and way slower paced than the ''Build a mission'' mod for GTA V. I mean, judging solely by the few demonstration videos on the official site, it looks like it would take days to create one mission because of how complicated it is to spawn and link stuff. Not to mention the still unknown functionality of the new features like the diagram thing which work principle I don't really understand at this point. I'm worried to think how long it would take to create a full-fledged mission pack of let's say 50 missions then. It would take over a year or longer to finish a project. Nobody has that amount of time. Hopefully I'm missing something here and the reality of it is much different, but it doesn't look like it.

Stability - Speaks for itself. The most important thing is the stability of the mod. The first question that always needs to be asked is, is the mod 100% stable? If not, then all of the new features and stuff don't really matter.

In any case, I'd like to see the full list of features first and then the answers to the three concerning questions above. If the mod is 100% stable, as fast paced as current DYOM and not as complicated as it looks, then I'm absolutely sold. Then the mod is definitely a beginning of a new DYOM era. 😀

I agree with Jimmy. The first thing that came to mind when seeing this mod is that considering the limitations of the game's engine, SCM and cleo; Either we will get a lot of new features in the expense of some old ones or the mod's stability, or we will get pretty much the same dyom but with a pretty new interface.

Well let's see how will it go. It's good to have some alternative. Maybe he'll find a new way to write the code.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Jimmy_Leppard said:

You're absolutely right. For the POV of the trailer [still talking about it] it seems like there will be quite new features such as Particles, but the most questionable thing is - that I didn't saw too many options, while creating an actor [u know - set health, etc] idk if it will be placed somewhere else I hope so, but I made some pictures - regarding CP's [pictures taken directly from the trailer] and for some of Polish DYOM community people, it seem that it's more easier, and i'll quote them ,,It will show, who's the best creator'' - but for know, i'll still stick in to the normal DYOM version if i would need to. Anyway i'll upload pictures here rn, menu looks kind of basic - taken out from some CS:GO free cheat or something :P

Menu picture

Checkpoints picture

Create Actor picture

Idk still, how we will be able for example to put cps, but i think still in normal way - moving it with some buttons, and the new addition to checkpoints [how u can see on the pictures] is that u will be able to change color of them, and you'll be able to set Text Time - so this is actually new.

Create Actor picture is the mystery one. Again - as seeing trailer footage, we'll be able to place it like it was on DYOM - and it has cool Skin Menu which by point - it will be easier to choose the skins. But look at there - lack of features that was implemented in DYOM latest version is missing. I don't know - if they're hiding on Edit manually button or something, but this looks kind of scary.

If LDYOM developers want to do an revolution, they should do for example: Spook o-meter feature, dialogs showing up after Get in the vehicle checkpoint [what i mean - is that when u make a Get in a car objective, and you'll get on it - you can't place dialogs when you're going to rendezvous, if you will try it - the text [timeout text] will show after reaching CP - and i would want to make dialogs while you going to CP not only after. Also i dont see Storylines which is bad - but if it will be implemented I would like to suggest working Ammo stores, clothing stores or ability in the normal missions to change CJ outfit - im curious if we'll create an CJ actor [or CJ player] if we will be able to actually pick his clothing - this would be cool. Or a feature, to "glue" character to for example: moving firetruck with a ladder [like Sweet was hanging from End of the line] to not be able to fall from it, but for example shoot for it.

Edited by Guest
5 hours ago, Mikolajek451 said:

A'ight, this is interesting. I tried to install this LDYOM but I don't know where do I put fonts. 

2 minutes ago, boy of the cones said:

A'ight, this is interesting. I tried to install this LDYOM but I don't know where do I put fonts. 

Me too - i put a comment saying where should i put it, and it seems like author is not lacking to respond on YouTube. If somebody have VK, message him there [i know that VK is only Russian ting] - so far i only know, you need to have Modloader for some of these things - to put there - and if you'll put everything there [except fonts] the new gamemode will show on New Game on GTA SA menu and you'll click it - it will actually play, but you'll be able to do nothing.

Edited by Guest
1 minute ago, Mikolajek451 said:

Me too - i put a comment saying where should i put it, and it seems like author is not lacking to respond on YouTube. If somebody have VK, message him there [i know that VK is only Russian ting]

I will install the LDYOM today and i will see where to put that. I know russian language a little.

14 minutes ago, MihajloS said:

I will install the LDYOM today and i will see where to put that. I know russian language a little.

Let us know :) 

36 minutes ago, Mikolajek451 said:

You're absolutely right. For the POV of the trailer [still talking about it] it seems like there will be quite new features such as Particles, but the most questionable thing is - that I didn't saw too many options, while creating an actor [u know - set health, etc] idk if it will be placed somewhere else I hope so, but I made some pictures - regarding CP's [pictures taken directly from the trailer] and for some of Polish DYOM community people, it seem that it's more easier, and i'll quote them ,,It will show, who's the best creator'' - but for know, i'll still stick in to the normal DYOM version if i would need to. Anyway i'll upload pictures here rn, menu looks kind of basic - taken out from some CS:GO free cheat or something 😛

If LDYOM developers want to do an revolution, they should do for example: Spook o-meter feature, dialogs showing up after Get in the vehicle checkpoint [what i mean - is that when u make a Get in a car objective, and you'll get on it - you can't place dialogs when you're going to rendezvous, if you will try it - the text [timeout text] will show after reaching CP - and i would want to make dialogs while you going to CP not only after. Also i dont see Storylines which is bad - but if it will be implemented I would like to suggest working Ammo stores, clothing stores or ability in the normal missions to change CJ outfit - im curious if we'll create an CJ actor [or CJ player] if we will be able to actually pick his clothing - this would be cool. Or a feature, to "glue" character to for example: moving firetruck with a ladder [like Sweet was hanging from End of the line] to not be able to fall from it, but for example shoot for it.

I don't think particles are a new feature. If that is what I think it is, then you already have that in this DYOM - it's the effects part of the ''objects'' section such as smoke, water, fire etc. The actor features concern me too. I don't see the enemy/friend option nor do I see a very useful and crucial feature which is a combo of an enemy actor + must survive. What concerns me the most is the fact that at the end of the trailer, there's a line at the bottom of the screen which says that the final product may not look like what it's shown in the trailer and that some features might even be removed. That's a red flag. That tells me the mod has stability issues, otherwise they wouldn't consider stripping features.

I agree with the second paragraph completely. I mean, they showed 5-6 menu colors which is nice and all, but it's merely just aesthetics. I couldn't care less if my menu's color is black, white or pink or whether the font is some custom cool looking one or a Times New Roman standard Word font. I only care about the features of the mod and whether it does the job or not. Like you said - Spook-o-meter, linking animations, more reliable actor's routes, things like that. Thing is, the second video you posted showing the recreated Pulp Fiction bit with custom sequence of animations is amazing, but the functionality of it is really questionable. It looks like the features showcased in that video dive more into the Machinima type creation rather than mission creation. I've been creating Machinima videos for GTA V for some time now and I gotta tell you, it's really hard and exteremely time consuming. When it comes to DYOM we have now, it takes me a few minutes to create a full scene in a mission which is perfect. I'd like to know how long it took the author of that video to create that 1 and a half minute Pulp Fiction scene.

When I create missions, time is the most valuable thing I bring to designing as I don't have a lot of it at my disposal. If I have to choose between DYOM we have now where it takes me a few minutes to create a full scene /  2 - 3.5 hours to create a full 100 objective mission or ldyom where it would take me one or more hours to create a full scene and God knows how many days to create a single full mission, then there's no contest. I'm choosing DYOM we have now regardless of a few new features that ldyom is offering. If the usage/time ratio is far higher than that of DYOM we have now, unfortunately it's not worth it to me.

Edited by Jimmy_Leppard
  • Like 2
Just now, Mikolajek451 said:

You're absolutely right. For the POV of the trailer [still talking about it] it seems like there will be quite new features such as Particles, but the most questionable thing is - that I didn't saw too many options, while creating an actor [u know - set health, etc] idk if it will be placed somewhere else I hope so, but I made some pictures - regarding CP's [pictures taken directly from the trailer] and for some of Polish DYOM community people, it seem that it's more easier, and i'll quote them ,,It will show, who's the best creator'' - but for know, i'll still stick in to the normal DYOM version if i would need to. Anyway i'll upload pictures here rn, menu looks kind of basic - taken out from some CS:GO free cheat or something :P

Menu picture

Checkpoints picture

Create Actor picture

Idk still, how we will be able for example to put cps, but i think still in normal way - moving it with some buttons, and the new addition to checkpoints [how u can see on the pictures] is that u will be able to change color of them, and you'll be able to set Text Time - so this is actually new.

Create Actor picture is the mystery one. Again - as seeing trailer footage, we'll be able to place it like it was on DYOM - and it has cool Skin Menu which by point - it will be easier to choose the skins. But look at there - lack of features that was implemented in DYOM latest version is missing. I don't know - if they're hiding on Edit manually button or something, but this looks kind of scary.

Yeah these features would be cool!

Just now, boy of the cones said:

The fonts need to be installed into the system.just unpack them and duoble click install them both. Thats what google translate says xD

• Like 2

Yeah, it's a red flag when some of the important features could be removed in LDYOM - it would suck - and yeah animations are wanky af in this pulp fiction video. Althrough i found out one more video, showing something on VK which idk i think it's "collision-releated thing" check it out

Video [it seems like that u can't view it - if you're not in the group - so i'm sending the LINK for the VK group - and you can check it out - just scroll down to video uploaded on 27 May 0:57 AM - https://vk.com/ldyom

9 minutes ago, Jimmy_Leppard said:

I only care about the features of the mod and whether it does the job or not. Like you said - Spook-o-meter, linking animations, more reliable actor's routes, things like that. 

Jimmy did you saw - at the nearly end of the trailer - the "NODES" [i call it that way] at 0:40 - it might be link maybe to put animations/effects together [for example: putting an animation where you plant the bomb, like showed on video, then walk away - then bomb explodes] - but the Target #1 Target #2 shown there gives me no clues so far what is it actually.

5 minutes ago, Aymunz said:

The fonts need to be installed into the system.just unpack them and duoble click install them both. Thats what google translate says xD

Holy moly.. I dind't used google traslate yet.

3 minutes ago, Aymunz said:

@Mikolajek451This readme file you talked about, I can't seem to find it.

Go to Шрифты (для корректной работы) folder and there's a text file - explaining something [it is called Что делать с ними] which i don't really think that's readme at all, because the text format is f*k up. It might be README to placing fonts, but idk really.

If someone want to try running the modification, the text in LIB [english language] says that u need to launch it with "Press ~y~U~w~ to open the main menu" [U button] - but it didn't seem to work with mine.

Edited by Guest
On 5/29/2020 at 3:23 PM, Mikolajek451 said:

Heres the video btw

The future of DYOM, I am happy that it has got himself into some great hands. Talking about Moonloader, it has been breaking those records ever since it has been released and explained in English. I am confident to say that the developers of Moonloader (LUA) version of DYOM have more than this to put forth so I consider it a trailer only. 

At last, this is what I call "A real hype train".

Just now, Mikolajek451 said:

Go to Шрифты (для корректной работы) folder and there's a text file - explaining something [it is called Что делать с ними] which i don't really think that's readme at all, because the text format is f*k up.

Should I translate that files? I tried to put everything in Modloader, only the MPACK7

2 minutes ago, boy of the cones said:

Should I translate that files? I tried to put everything in Modloader, only the MPACK7

Translate it. Moonloader as Springfield says, can be diffrent than modloader tho. Mpack7 i think goes to GTA SAN ANDREAS User Files folder in My Documents. @Springfield - is moonloader instalation diffrent than Modloader or it's just a same thing?

Edited by Guest
17 minutes ago, Mikolajek451 said:

Yeah, it's a red flag when some of the important features could be removed in LDYOM - it would suck - and yeah animations are wanky af in this pulp fiction video. Althrough i found out one more video, showing something on VK which idk i think it's "collision-releated thing" check it out

Video [it seems like that u can't view it - if you're not in the group - so i'm sending the LINK for the VK group - and you can check it out - just scroll down to video uploaded on 27 May 0:57 AM - https://vk.com/ldyom

Jimmy did you saw - at the nearly end of the trailer - the "NODES" [i call it that way] at 0:40 - it might be link maybe to put animations/effects together [for example: putting an animation where you plant the bomb, like showed on video, then walk away - then bomb explodes] - but the Target #1 Target #2 shown there gives me no clues so far what is it actually.

I've watched all of the available videos on that site a few hours ago. For example, the video where the guy attaches nitro particles to the vehicle's exhaust. That feature is exactly something you'd find in the Menyoo trainer for GTA V. Attaching particles and objects to the player or other objects. It's an extremely useful and cool feature, I use it while creating Machinima videos, but it takes incredibly long to set it up. If it's the similar principle in ldyom (as it looks), then that's exactly what I'm concerend about. It will take far longer to do basically anything in ldyom as oppose to the DYOM we have now.

I've seen the nodes, but I'm still not sure how it works. Are the linked animations seamless or are they choppy (you see one actor disappearing and the other one appearing in his place to carry on the animation sequence)? We'll have to see. Hopefully there will be an in depth instructional video about each of the features or something just like Dutchy did for DYOM. I saw an ''info'' part of the menu, so maybe everything will be explained there.

Edited by Jimmy_Leppard
  • Like 1
Just now, Jimmy_Leppard said:

It looks like the features showcased in that video dive more into the Machinima type creation rather than mission creation. I've been creating Machinima videos for GTA V for some time now and I gotta tell you, it's really hard and exteremely time consuming.

Now that you mentioned machinima, I'd be glad to use it in machinima making if it's not so complicated , especially now that we can sequence animations. Moreover, I'd like to see your gta v machinimas if you don't mind. :D

• Like 3