1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

DYOM The Designers Lounge

General Scrotum

On 4/14/2020 at 11:50 AM, RithRake24 said:

8th mission has been released! 

This MP is really interesting and I will give you an extended review for it. :santa: :pirate:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Springfield said:

I am happy to see that this place is still holding itself.

Damn husnain where have you been, i missed you 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Roxie said:

Damn husnain where have you been, i missed you 

Ey... my man, long time no see. Been busy for these past months so I thought I should pay a visit here to see the current state. 

By the way, It is good to see some veterans here, working on their projects so I thought I could also portrait something or...

-.. to work on something unfinished! 

😉

Edited by Springfield
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Springfield said:

I am happy to see that this place is still holding itself.

Oh nice to see you, since I've seen DYOM 8.2 or Higher Limits. These days, we are still participating in MOTW and doing some MPs. You better check out Codename Q4: Biohazard, Old Friend Die Hard, Carver for Hire or Hire for Carver. Tod by Huzaifa and we got new faces here. I would see a work by you. Anyway, welcome back.

• Like 2

As you guys know, I usually around here in this community to share my missions. But as the time passing I also trying to learn TXD Workshop modding skills, and similar things with it as well. Just recently I publish my GTA VC Background Edition & tomorrow in the following sequence I published GTA SA Background Edition Remastered, so don't forget to check it out.

I know it's not a big deal, and every normal graphic designer do this quite easily and effectively. But as the member of this DYOM Community I just want to share my work with you guys, 'Cuz you all are my homies. ;)

I hope everyone like it! 

Your suggestions and opinions will be appreciated. :beerhat:

- And one more thing, don't forget to checkout my DeviantArt Profile:

Devain-Art-Button.png

Edited by Huzaifa khan

Okay so for the last three days I've been working on a little test project. Here it is:

I would very much appreciate feedback, as this might be the format I switch to from writing if there's enough demand and interest in it.

qKIUG.png

I wonder if there is a way to change a missions audio code? I have a mission, wanted to expand it to an MP/SL so I splitted it into 2 missions. Now they are 2 different missions with the same SD file. 

I opened one of the missions DYOMx.dat file and edited the  SD files name (it appears in the first line) but that ended up crashing dyom when trying to "load mission".

Any help?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Aymunz said:

I wonder if there is a way to change a missions audio code? I have a mission, wanted to expand it to an MP/SL so I splitted it into 2 missions. Now they are 2 different missions with the same SD file. 

I opened one of the missions DYOMx.dat file and edited the  SD files name (it appears in the first line) but that ended up crashing dyom when trying to "load mission".

Any help?

Yo brother! You can change the audio code with Note pad ++ just make sure to write 5 letters or you will broke the mission. :santa:

Edited by boy of the cones

12 hours ago, boy of the cones said:

Yo brother! You can change the audio code with Note pad ++ just make sure to write 5 letters or you will broke the entire mission. :santa:

Notepad++, huh?

I'll try it and see.

Edit:

It worked like a charm! Thank you so much @boy of the cones. You saved me!

Edited by Aymunz
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Roxie said:

94238552_859619414516318_201639274209083392_n.png?_nc_cat=104&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_eui2=AeE2bSZEIdTvT2pIQ8pyQkfIlJhWNaPGmx-UmFY1o8abH2PNdQ2CAM1V16h16VvPeDkHaHTImoC673bHNTo2KPYd&_nc_oc=AQkPUrDqEuxv0jqc-P5iDQbv5cxLmBJB6VXbWr9BUHlZ_bEiRAlWc9IcDrH4p9ETzpI&_nc_ht=scontent.fkhi2-1.fna&oh=4fec3db082225b6a9c1d6f70a3fb88be&oe=5EC5940B

94707997_222282765854018_8903291342877097984_n.png?_nc_cat=104&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_eui2=AeEQOc79OizGO7Fw5hnvm-DIBerKAvRphGkF6soC9GmEaeOn8tfRyRBLdLFlm-RF21PjicOmVyFnHohqt48qCrYT&_nc_oc=AQnULT2NBgu_yaalkMJO3U2nDcY5gZnRgL5b0A1hZR8L3BT4kQpOqP6NlOkZT4bABzY&_nc_ht=scontent.fkhi2-1.fna&oh=be48542edb65972f534cf484e4e9821c&oe=5EC70BC5&dl=1

Hope you guys liked this COVER! ;)

Edited by Huzaifa khan

Here's my first project:

5v3Xy8S.jpg

Mission based on this amazing movie:

xSdL9dQ.jpg

Playing with this legend:

rmQQHTo.jpg

I hope you will like it!

Edited by MihajloS

I'd really appreciate if you guys give me a feedback for this first mission of Codename Q4: Biohazard - https://dyom.gtagames.nl/show/64474

Topic link: https://gtaforums.com/topic/950865-codename-q4-biohazard

• Like 2

Hello guys, how are you doing there in quarintine times?

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Rocket man FI said:

Hello guys, how are you doing there in quarintine times?

Pretty good. I've got online school and recently I'm a bit busy, but I do have a solo DYOM project in the making in the background, apart from my collaboration with @NotnaCarver For Hire.

• Like 2

This guy named RithRake24 is always here. Doing good jobs, works, missions, projects and etc. Sometimes is very helpful. Just make us happy boy.

• Like 2

@SatournFan Finally managed to finish most of the IRL stuff I had and get to watching the video with some peace of mind. It was fantastic. The actual review part of it (from 6:20 onwards) was basically the same written review style that you have but it was enhanced by the footage and made it better. I'd have liked for you to include recorded examples for the good parts of the soundtrack and sound loudness just like how you showed examples of the 'sophisticated' and therefore unrealistic dialogue as snips over the footage. Also, personally I felt that the plot summary section was long, and to be honest, a synopsis would have sufficed there. Considering how your actual review doesn't give away major plot details (spoilers were really really minor), I feel like providing the viewer with just a short overall synopsis and the review itself would be enough. Think of it this way: if the viewer already played the project, he will skip to 6:20 because he doesn't want to hear the plot again, but if he hasn't, it's more than likely he'd skip to 6:20 too, not just to avoid spoilers though; even if he doesn't plan to play it later and therefore doesn't mind spoilers, it's never too fun to hear a plot being recited over 5 minutes. A synospis would do perfectly, short and sweet, and we'd be quickly headed to the meat of the content, the review. The actual review section was fantastic, definitely a step in a good direction from the written format. I love it and hope to see more soon.

Edited by RithRake24

Because there are many more designers lurking in the forum than the discord, I'll ask something.

What is something that you really, really wanna make in DYOM, but you can't do because DYOM doesn't allow you?

There must be a thing or two that you really like from watching movies, travelling, etc. that makes you wanna implement this on your mission and put it online so other people can see, but because DYOM doesn't have the proper feature or because the DYOM's limitation, you decided to give up the idea.

Mine is the lack of animation. I always wanted to make a mission where there's a cutscene showing punch and kick action, like the main protag and the main antag is fighting with fists to their death, but sadly DYOM doesn't have "look at actor" animation, plus I also wanna make a mission where two men shoots each other while taking cover but it's very difficult to do due to no "shoot at actor" animation. There's a way to do it, but it's just too difficult and time-wasting.

How about yours?

37 minutes ago, LordStarship said:

What is something that you really, really wanna make in DYOM, but you can't do because DYOM doesn't allow you?

Great question. And my answer to it is - the list is way too long. Nonetheless, DYOM is a miracle of a mod considering GTA SA's limitations etc. What would be the perfect version of DYOM in my opinion is if DYOM had features of Menyoo for GTA V.

One of the things that I'd love to have in DYOM is Menyoo's ''Task Sequence'' which enables you to give the actor a series of tasks which it will complete in order. For example - run from point A to B, then shoot at another actor, then get in the car, follow the route and exit the car at the final location. Combining animations also. Those are the two biggest features I'd love to see in DYOM.

I ditched a lot of ideas in a lot of my mission packs due to not being able to implement it, but I learned not to think in that direction anymore while creating missions. It's the only thing you can do. You have to think in terms of ''what can be implemented in DYOM'' rather than ''what I want to do'' from the start because otherwise, there is no moving forward. I mean, I'd love to create a mission in which there's a sequence where the player jumps out of an airplane along with his actor buddy and then have the actor open up a parachute mid air, flawlessly freefall onto a building next to the player and then immediately start blasting enemies, but guess what? Can't happen. So what does happen? Process of elimination.

First you realize you can't have the actor parachute from an airplane onto a target, so you scrap that. Then you realize you can no longer have a scene in the air because of that actor. So you scrap the whole scene and replace it with another scene happening somewhere else - ground. Then you add a car, put an actor into that car and before you know it, you went from a blockbuster sequence which is jumping out of an airplane to a common car chase. That's reality. But I'd rather have that than nothing.

Now that I think about it, for example, Edge of High Life would've been A LOT different had I been able to implement everything I thought of initially.

Edited by Jimmy_Leppard

3 hours ago, LordStarship said:

Because there are many more designers lurking in the forum than the discord, I'll ask something.

There must be a thing or two that you really like from watching movies, travelling, etc. that makes you wanna implement this on your mission and put it online so other people can see, but because DYOM doesn't have the proper feature or because the DYOM's limitation, you decided to give up the idea.

Mine is the lack of animation. I always wanted to make a mission where there's a cutscene showing punch and kick action, like the main protag and the main antag is fighting with fists to their death, but sadly DYOM doesn't have "look at actor" animation, plus I also wanna make a mission where two men shoots each other while taking cover but it's very difficult to do due to no "shoot at actor" animation. There's a way to do it, but it's just too difficult and time-wasting.

How about yours?

Well I worked on a Mission Pack about biker gangs in the desert. The idea was going nice and smooth, until I got to the gameplay section. A gang drive-by(or ride-by? since they're riding bikes?) would've been very exciting. But I found out that in DYOM, all drive-by action happen only in regards to the player. Meaning that actors can't shoot each other like they normally do in a drive-by. I was disappointed because I thought it's a trivial thing for an actor to do. I think the story holds well on it's on, but I wanted more. :P

3 hours ago, Jimmy_Leppard said:

Now that I think about it, for example, Edge of High Life would've been A LOT different had I been able to implement everything I thought of initially.

Been playing this MP recently. Finished Chapter One. Amazing work, brother!

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Aymunz said:

Well I worked on a Mission Pack about biker gangs in the desert. The idea was going nice and smooth, until I got to the gameplay section. A gang drive-by(or ride-by? since they're riding bikes?) would've been very exciting. But I found out that in DYOM, all drive-by action happen only in regards to the player. Meaning that actors can't shoot each other like they normally do in a drive-by. I was disappointed because I thought it's a trivial thing for an actor to do. I think the story holds well on it's on, but I wanted more. 😛

Been playing this MP recently. Finished Chapter One. Amazing work, brother!

Edge Of High Life is a legendary MP but I also suggest you to play The Quarantine Zone. It feels like a real dramatic-story.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, boy of the cones said:

Edge Of High Life is a legendary MP but I also suggest you to play The Quarantine Zone. It feels like a real dramatic-story.

Thanks. I'll be sure to check it out as well!

Edited by Aymunz
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, LordStarship said:

How about yours?

The DYOM is number one mod for GTA San Andreas if you ask me. I want more animations and more object's. I want any house in the game right in front of me. Imagine if you could build you own city. Or make better cutscenes with animations like you say. Also I want to change CJs clothes. Yes I already has find mod for that but I don't know is that outfit works just with me or with everybody? I want to have menu for changing that. Also imagine if they put something like "Pimp my car" mod inside DYOM. It would be amazing. Just more and more options and It would be more amazing and easier for making missions.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, LordStarship said:

The list is really long, like @Jimmy_Leppard said. There's way too many things I've tried but haven't been able to pull off. I don't remember all of them but I know I've tried certain air scenes involving aircraft, and tried to orchestrate tightly cut action cutscenes involving NPCs where the timing of the actor's actions would be different in each test run, especially for scenes involving the NPCs reacting to a hidden enemy group character to perform their action. Sometimes, AIM animation doesn't cut it, they have to shoot, but sometimes they ignore the hidden enemy actor and stay frozen to their spot. The reason why I love DYOM is because it allows me (I'm passionate about filmmaking by the way) to create movie-like sequences and situations which would require a high budget and time to make in real life, but sometimes it pains me that I'm not able to pull scenes off exactly the way I wanted it. Yet I'm extremely glad such a mod exists and it has given me many happy hours of stories in my mind being materialised into scenes on a screen, and more so that people online can enjoy playing them.

Really appreciate all of you answering!

Edge of High Life is already fantastic in the way it is, I don't how you can improve it any better, but when it comes to Jimmy_Leppard himself, everything can be improved to be more spectacular than before. 

I do agree that there are much more thing that you all didn't list, but even with this limitation, there are many MPs which are either amazing or straight up legendary and timeless masterpiece. DYOM is a really awesome mod, you are able to create mission by your own without learning SCM. Working with DYOM is really simple yet it still shows up what you have in mind. Yes, there might be some limitations like aircraft action which is literally impossible or very difficult, limitation on drive-by, and an extraordinary tight action cutscene, but without all of them, we're still able to create something that's just outstanding. It's all up to you, do you wanna create it to be amazing or just a simple yet fun MP? A blockbuster action, or a dramatic experience? Everything is up to you. With all the limitations, it gives us a big challenge to face, but we can overcome it and even make our own limitation.

That being said, I'm really thrilled on what you all really wanted to make in your MPs but trashed away due to the limitation, but I really appreciate playing all of your missions and glad that you still design something creative and fun even with all of this. I hope we can achieve something in the future that what we thought now is impossible to design. Keep designing, everyone!