3. Suggestions

DYOM The Designers Lounge

General Scrotum

5 hours ago, The Half-Blood Prince said:

Reveal hidden contents

Monica Hopkings is coming back soon...

Identity?

• Like 2

Guys, what you reaction will be if I said V9 is coming by a developer which I support?

200 Objectives, 200 Actors,100 Cars,200 Objects😉😉

Would you support him?

1 minute ago, Nuddle King said:

Guys, what you reaction will be if I said V9 is coming by a developer which I support?

Would you support him?

April Fools was months ago.

• Like 3

There already one, and you should knew him, its not April fools, I am talking seriously. 

18 minutes ago, Nuddle King said:

Would you support him?

I would support it if you got Dutchy's and Patrick's approval. Until that happens, there is no DYOM V9 coming out anyway because you need their approval to further continue the mod.

Tbh, I talked with him, he said he do it for us and not for him, he just need support that all. We can support him.

Just now, Jimmy_Leppard said:

I would support it if you got Dutchy's and Patrick's approval. Until that happens, there is no DYOM V9 coming out anyway because you need their approval to further continue the mod.

Besides Springfield tried and the devs didn't let him keep working on it.

Just now, Jimmy_Leppard said:

Seriously?There no activity of them like a year ago, and you saying need approval, we are now talented members and we shall care for ourself, and if can't wait for them, we just need to keep going!we always left V9 behind.

2 minutes ago, Alan Eastwood said:

Besides Springfield tried and the devs didn't let him keep working on it.

Nope, they never talked with him about his mod and they didn't refuse him.

Just now, Nuddle King said:

Seriously?There no activity of them like a year ago, and you saying need approval, we are now talented members and we shall care for ourself, and if can't wait for them, we just need to keep going!we always left V9 behind.

You don't understand anything do you? Since you're the new guy here let me enlighten you. Stop talking for everybody, the situation about DYOM V9 has been talked before, loads of times. We need Patrick's and Dutchy's permission first, is THEIR mod and THEY work hard for it. 

I am not a new guy, let me ask you, You want V9 or not?Dutchy is now adult and Patrick is married which they have other life.and they can't even do a small post, we are the future DYOM, and we should do it, if is their mod, we should continue their MOD as HONOR for them.

All, do you want V9?

2 minutes ago, Nuddle King said:

I am not a new guy, let me ask you, You want V9 or not?Dutchy is now adult and Patrick is married which they have other life.and they can't even do a small post, we are the future DYOM, and we should do it, if is their mod, we should continue their MOD as HONOR for them.

All, do you want V9?

I clearly see that you don't know what you're talking about, and since I know where is this going I'm not going to keep talking about this, because everyone knows what's the deal about V9, obviously you don't.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Nuddle King said:

All, do you want V9?

It's not about wanting it or not. They own the mod, they chose not to release V9 and we can't go against their will.

• Like 2

Nuddle King, I'm sure everyone appreciates what you are trying to do, but things don't work that way unfortunately. That's a harsh reality you will have to accept.

DYOM is Dutchy's and Patrick's intellectual property and as such, it is theirs exclusively for public use. Let me explain it to you. They are the house owners and we are the neighbours who they let visit them. Let's say they decide to go on a trip that lasts 2 years for example and they leave their house unlocked. Do you as a neighbour have the right to go to their house and start building a new shed or a new garage in their back yard just because they're gone? No. We as users have nothing but to assume they would come back at some point. And if they don't… they don't.

• Like 7

So yeah, still DYOM in 2020 will be full of mission packs and people don't knew what design, with no updates and people will start to be bored, stuck in this version, so I see that you guys just waiting for them for no reason, just ignore them guys, they have good life than us, they was scripters and they finished their job.

tbh, I am gonna say that GTA Underground became popular than us, while we do no updates, so yeah we will continue like this as DYOM have no more medals.

V for Vinegar and The Game are two examples that with this current version there's so much that we can do without needing V9. If you want so bad a new version start by doing it yourself, without using DYOM archives, of course.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MartZ2 said:

@Nuddle King Why would you ever compare GTA Underground with DYOM?

He thinks - New cities, new guns and new vehicles and a port of DYOM. :D

Edited by Martin_Strada
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Nuddle King said:

So yeah, still DYOM in 2020 will be full of mission packs and people don't knew what design, with no updates and people will start to be bored, stuck in this version, so I see that you guys just waiting for them for no reason, just ignore them guys, they have good life than us, they was scripters and they finished their job.

tbh, I am gonna say that GTA Underground became popular than us, while we do no updates, so yeah we will continue like this as DYOM have no more medals.

DYOM is not going to die anytime soon. The community is only getting stronger.

Just compare the forums now to how they were a month ago.

It is like they are fastening their mod with their chest so other people won't be able to do any interaction with their precious property. 

I am not offensive, but it is also not fair that they are not doing anything. It is obvious they are tired of us and don't want anyone of us to talk about their property as they are busy with their life. I mean, if they are then why not they let someone (among of us or a senior programmer) act a co-developer who can update their mod under their supervision to fulfil people's suggestion. I wish that there was someone out there called "Modding Management".

Edit: and if they talk about the New era (conversion to underground) I am also down for that. These past years gave me a lot of experience in programming but still their...

Edited by Springfield
  • Like 2

We condemn any modification of DYOM because of our respect towards Dutchy3010 and PatrickW's work and effort. Besides that it could also be that the release of this hypothetical V9 without their consent would be against GTAForums guidelines. However, if you were to release this version elsewhere, not GTANet related, there is technically nothing they can do about it. There is no clear legal framework for software modification within the dutch legal system. At least not as far as I know. If anybody has the right to legally stop the release of a new DYOM, it's Rockstar.

Ideally, Dutchy and Patrick would just make DYOM open-source. 

Edited by Target13

I support Springfield for his efforts for making a V9, nobody appreciated him, but I am, all of you just want Dutchy and Patrick to accept, they would come back and promote Springfield to Co Developer with his SCM knowledge. If there possible to do a V9, we need it, we don't want permissions while they non active for a year like dead bodies. V9 is possible with other developers that are our future hope. Understand me members!

Will live but boring, people are retiring from DYOM you knew, bugs which doesn't allow other mods to support DYOM like GTA Underground.

5 minutes ago, omigawail said:

If they do turn DYOM into an open source mod, great!

If they don't however... Meh, the mod will still live same as it did for years.

This pretty much sums it up.

I believe everyone here appreciates Springfield's efforts. But it is simply not up to us to make that call. 

• Like 3