4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

DYOM The Designers Lounge

General Scrotum

1 minute ago, TQR12345 said:

I wonder why are there people who use "Bold Text" and all for useless stuff they post?

I think they find it easier to read.

About MOTW, I currently can't play until sunday. I'll try to write a review of all the submissions then.

• Like 1

On 8/18/2018 at 4:06 PM, Target13 said:

I would like to give a friendly reminder to all designers, old and new. If you want me (or any other user for that matter) to check out your project, just send a quick PM.

A little update to this. Due to the increasing number of requests to play missions, I would like you to PM all messages regarding review/gameplay requests to TK420 instead, who will make sure that the worthwhile missions get forwarded to me so they can be played and reviewed. Thank you.

Edited by Target13

10 hours ago, omigawail said:

I think they find it easier to read.

In my opinion, it's more convenient and comfortable to read something NOT in Bold texts, i only use it in important phrases, but, still, everyone can use it! I do not offend people doing it..

It been a while I don't message here since 8 months now.

"Where is Chapter 2 of San Fierro Auto 4: Downfall,Eddy?"

Some of you will ask that question to me later.

I cannot tell when because I had been busy with school and lack of idea/lazy to design missions.

I am still in haitus right now,don't expect anything new from me apart from unfinished project.

(Yes,I had been semi-reformed by changing my profile pic and username)

• Like 2

There was summer though...enjoy jour life on Haïtius.

Edited by Nuddle King

Recently, I came to combine every interesting SCPs and alternate reality thingy hopefully it's good enough. Sorry for repeating this cause am excited to start it but honestly it will start if I finished my story about that.

44 minutes ago, GKHEAT said:

How I make my mission dialogs realastic?

Help

Read books and watch movies in English. Avoid "canned food" dialogue. Canned food nourishes you if you're hungry, but is it tasty or good? no. Canned food dialogue may get the job done and state all the facts you need to know, but it sounds robotic and boring.

49 minutes ago, omigawail said:

Read books and watch movies in English. Avoid "canned food" dialogue. Canned food nourishes you if you're hungry, but is it tasty or good? no. Canned food dialogue may get the job done and state all the facts you need to know, but it sounds robotic and boring.

Never heard "canned food" as a definition for a language before lol.

1 hour ago, GKHEAT said:

Help

As Omigawail said you have to play games, watch movies and read books in English to get a good idea of how dialogues should look like, according to the style or theme of the mission. For example, if you're making a gangsta mission, take a good look at GTA SA's dialogues between the Grove OGs. If you're making a military/swat/government agency missions, watch war/police/spy movies to get a better idea of how these people might talk to eachother, you might even come up with some ideas for your missions 👀

For example, a typical error i see in military/swat missions are the SWAT or army guys talking to their superiors like they're homies

13 hours ago, VikingEVM said:

As Omigawail said you have to play games, watch movies and read books in English to get a good idea of how dialogues should look like, according to the style or theme of the mission. For example, if you're making a gangsta mission, take a good look at GTA SA's dialogues between the Grove OGs. If you're making a military/swat/government agency missions, watch war/police/spy movies to get a better idea of how these people might talk to eachother, you might even come up with some ideas for your missions 👀

For example, a typical error i see in military/swat missions are the SWAT or army guys talking to their superiors like they're homies

14 hours ago, omigawail said:

I got you guys. :)

Thanks

• Like 2

9 hours ago, GKHEAT said:

Help

Take into consideration time/setting/characters/etc. If your designing a gangster story, make sure they talk like gangsters. If it's modern, make sure you don't use outdated slang. This might require some research, but there's nothing wrong with that. 

Make sure your characters talk like their character. Don't make them talk for 5 minutes about how their wife died in a fire and then a minute later have them tell a fart joke. 

If you're looking for some inspiration, I'd recommend watching some scenes from the TV show "The Wire" It has similar themes to GTA, in the sense that's it's about crime and policing. It has incredibly convincing, realistic dialogue. To the point where the characters feel like they're real. 

Edited by The Odyssey
  • Like 4

I am happy to announce @VikingEVM as the latest recipient of the Official Target13 Seal of Approval for his mission-pack Blockbuster! The mission-pack and a link to the full review will be displayed in The Target13 Universe thread under the 'You' tab.

Edited by Target13

To the new designers around here,

Try to avoid saying 'good luck' on new missions because it doesn't add anything of substance.

Yours faithfully,

TK420

Team Target

Edited by TK420

3 minutes ago, TK420 said:

To the new designers around here,

Try to avoid saying 'good luck' on new missions because it doesn't add anything of substance.

Yours faithfully,

TK420

Team Target

Some good wholesome words of encouragment are what a starter needs to fit into the community. We should warmly welcome new designers, even if a simple "good luck" doesn't add anything of substance, it doesn't harm either and doesn't clutter the threads if it is added on top of some suggestions and critisism.

4 minutes ago, omigawail said:

Some good wholesome words of encouragment are what a starter needs to fit into the community. We should warmly welcome new designers, even if a simple "good luck" doesn't add anything of substance, it doesn't harm either and doesn't clutter the threads if it is added on top of some suggestions and critisism.

While I partially agree with you, I think we have to admit that "Good luck" has become a 'go-to' message used by many of the lesser experienced members here to maintain a presence and/or attract attention towards themselves. A good luck message as reply to an introduction post here on the Lounge is always welcome but cluttering every new mission-pack's thread with an empty message such as 'good luck' has become the unfortunate norm. As someone who really puts a lot of effort into their work, the last thing I want to see is someone wishing me luck and then hauling their ass out of the thread without leaving anything meaningful behind.

I hope you can agree that taking the time to play the mission in question and leaving (even a short) review behind is much more useful for everyone, the designer as well as the player.

Yes, I agree that a lone "good lucj" is redundant. I just pointed out that the phrase itself is fine, it only becomes an issue when it is used only by itself with no point whatsoever.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, TQR12345 said:

good lucj

Whoops

edit: also I couldn't play for 1 week, tomorrow I'll be back and hopefully I'll review some stuff.

Edited by omigawail

I will explain my projects here, I separated the good and dramatic and romance projects and the horror and zombies projects, now the Good Projects(Drama,Gangs,Thriller,Romance) are The Light Projects, and the bad projects(Horror,Zombies,Paranormal Activity) are the Dark Projects, so when I make light project mission pack there will be dark version project of it.

for example, Days of Rank is a light project, Days of Horror is a dark version project of it.

Greetings from Sean.

• Like 2