• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rytuklis

• General Scrotum

• Target13

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Welcome to The Designer's Lounge! A place to discuss, share, suggest, basically post anything regarding DYOM and more!  

PSA: Your friend Dennyscute99/Giorgia Vinegar has been banned because they were one and the same. Not only they were one and the same but Giorgia Vinegar's profile picture was taken from someone else,

Light Syde Riandy

You can still make even heavily shootouts project with full story focus interesting by adding a different surprise element in some moments. Like when you approach a checkpoint you are greeted by jumping enemies from a higher elevation, or enemies behind you, etc... Therefore, story consistency is not an excuse to make all of your gunfights objectives have the same concept, mate. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Light Syde Riandy said:

You can still make even heavily shootouts project with full story focus interesting by adding a different surprise element in some moments. Like when you approach a checkpoint you are greeted by jumping enemies from a higher elevation, or enemies behind you, etc... Therefore, story consistency is not an excuse to make all of your gunfights objectives have the same concept, mate. 

I once made a gameplay-focused italian mission pack with the aim of making the missions as varied as possible, it was then followed by another similar mission pack (one mission has enemy jumping to you from the rooftops as you defend an alley). If i translate it in english would you mind giving it a shot? I would like to hear your opinion on it, might be useful ☺

Light Syde Riandy
11 minutes ago, omigawail said:

reasoning behind that 

And I meant your reasons being story consistencies and constant uncovering, are not excuses to make all of your gunfights objectives have the same concept due to my previous suggestion in order to make one's story focused DYOM project sensational.

I think you're setting your standards rather high considering the quality of the average DYOM mission in 2018. When it comes to Wiseguys, I'm just happy that the dialog is realistic and doesn't sound like it's written by a 12 year old who adds the word 'f*ck' to every other sentence because they think it will make the dialog sound more mature.

I add "f*ck" word sometimes if you says so :/

Also I am gonna finish a left mission, a teaser mission of next of Dark Universe Projects, I'll explain tommorow when I upload mission, is teaser of "Days of Horror" a DLC Pack of "Days of Rank" Mission pack, I will contineu the rest in the next school holiday.

7 hours ago, Light Syde Riandy said:

Not interested does not always lead into one says that your project is trash. It's just that yours are nothing special but okay. And I say it again, it takes more than a good story to make one project great. And who in the right mind give a minigun in a regular shootout mission while the only reasonable and fantastic use is to blow up many tanks and helicopters or doing rampage if nearby vehicles involved?

You'd be right, my mp is nothing special. But how would you know that? You never played it. For all you know it could be the best or worst mp you ever played. But you'd rather not find out and just keep saying stuff like "it takes more than a good story to make a project great." And if you play my mp, you'd know you don't even use a minigun in any mission. I only used the minigun for the trailer

Edited by S.A.C.

3 minutes ago, Nuddle King said:

I don't even knew, is a war between the genius members of DYOM :/

It's not a war. It's constructive criticism with which we improve as mission designers.

• Like 3

20Fmeae.png

Well, i'm very lazy to do so and imma improve this up on tomorrow. If you guys want the presentation topic of my project, alright.

Edited by Sprach

I see you f*cking children are still derailing the mod

DYOM has become a headache for forum moderators and a junkyard for twelve year olds to argue about their tiny e-dicks.

Nope

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Rytuklis said:

DYOM has become a headache for forum moderators and a junkyard for twelve year olds to argue about their tiny e-dicks.

Nope

A bit unexpectedly hostile from you. Ironic for you to say that when we are arguing civilly, there's some tension between S.A.C. and LSR but it's nothing serious, they both know it's just a game.

• Like 4

^True. This has actually been a rather good and productive week for DYOM, at least comparing to these past few months.

2 hours ago, Rytuklis said:

Nope

Yeah, especially when your statement here is all sunshine and rainbows.

Hi guys.

I'm here to share a new short Machinima film with you. When you can, check it out. What's interesting about it is that I was planning on making a mission pack about this particular guy a few years ago, but I decided not to because of better things. :) This is a short adaptation/snip it of what it would've been :) Hope you guys like it :)

Edited by Jimmy_Leppard
  • Like 3

46 minutes ago, Jimmy_Leppard said:

Hi guys.

I'm here to share a new short Machinima film with you. When you can, check it out. What's interesting about it is that I was planning on making a mission pack about this particular guy a few years ago, but I decided not to because of better things. :) This is a short adaptation/snip it of what it would've been :) Hope you guys like it :)

High quality content as expected from @Jimmy_Leppard

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jimmy_Leppard said:

Hi guys.

DAT LOOK GOOD 💪

• Like 1

Something weird about DYOM Site:

Whenever I change my avatar, it won't change when I see my profile. Is the DYOM Site having a maintenance problem again?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Jimmy_Leppard said:

Hi guys.

I'm not the big fan of GTA 5 videos but this is pretty interesting as though.

Edited by Sprach
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, omigawail said:

A bit unexpectedly hostile from you. Ironic for you to say that when we are arguing civilly, there's some tension between S.A.C. and LSR but it's nothing serious, they both know it's just a game.

Without a doubt!

The moderator comment at the end sums it up well.

13 hours ago, MartZ2 said:

Yeah, especially when your statement here is all sunshine and rainbows.

Please. You are the one to talk.

The thing is, the topic quoted above was the first thing I saw logging in. Obviously not very pleased.

Productive week, eh?

We shall see then.

Edited by Rytuklis

It's just that most of us are doing whatever we can to make that kindergarten drama die out. And it will, unless people keep bringing it up again.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Rytuklis said:

If you didn't notice, the thread is a few days old, and is actually some people I've never seen in the DYOM forums before. They are only here to stirr trouble.

The problem has already been handled and as far as I know they got banned from this section.

• Like 2