4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

General Scrotum

DYOM The Designers Lounge

Rytuklis
Hey guys.

I was wondering if there are any missionpacks or storylines you would like me to review, or 'subscribe' to just as I did with Jimmy's thompson's hiest missionpack.

I barely find stuff to do while I'm free and not working on any missions.

Subscribe to my "The Golden Ones" , i dont have even one follower of that mission pack, which makes me want just to drop the project. ;s

Mati

I'm working on the 4th mission of The Rebirth, it's going f*cking great. Normally, I get bored after the first 2-3 missions of my storyline. But now, I'm full of ideas, which is a good thing. I have lots of things in my mind. What do you think about it so far? I'd like to receive a bit more feedback tounge.gif

@Kratos: I know I'll get your feedback after the 5th mission smile.gif

Gorgonit
I'm working on the 4th mission of The Rebirth, it's going f*cking great. Normally, I get bored after the first 2-3 missions of my storyline. But now, I'm full of ideas, which is a good thing. I have lots of things in my mind. What do you think about it so far? I'd like to receive a bit more feedback tounge.gif

@Kratos: I know I'll get your feedback after the 5th mission smile.gif

Same happens to me, I think my only story that's still being worked is "Harry Gibson's attempt to get money", I think I'll get it to the end.

Mati

Meh, I'd release a new Rebirth mission, but nobody plays it anymore bored.gif

Rytuklis
Meh, I'd release a new Rebirth mission, but nobody plays it anymore bored.gif

Same situation with TGO ;s

General Scrotum

It's still summer out there, people are more outside than inside. Wait until automn or winter... People will prefer to stay inside. tounge2.gif

General Scrotum

After some thinking about if 'The Story of Samuel Garret' was my last storyline or not, I decided it wasn't. But, I won't design new ones either. Instead, I will focus on missions packs I posted a thread but cancelled them, or mission packs I completely stopped working on them or simply forgot about them. If I count them all, it makes ten... Eleven with 'The Story of Samuel Garret'. One of them is done at 100%, but I will do a remake of it. Five of them I completely forgot about them of stopped working on them and one of these was cancelled after chapter one. Four of are ones I decided to cancel for various reasons. Anyway, I am not sure if all that information is right, but that's what I remember. Also, one of them was a duo mission pack with Doublepulse, but we stopped it because of you know what reasons. That makes twelve, in that case.

Now for the mission packs... There are eleven of them and here they are (note that they are not in chronological order); 'Chronicles of Secronom'; 'The Army'; 'The Chronicles of Albert Wesker'; 'The Riders and the Ridden'; 'Cormoran'; 'Choose Your Destiny'; 'Dead Frontier'; 'The Story of Garry Ferrence'; 'Students of Greenglass College'; 'The Chronicles of John Secronom'; and 'The Story of Samuel Garret'.

I know that's alot and surprinsingly I was not treated as TonyCJ... Maybe it is because I was not a spammer? I don't know and I don't want to. Maybe one day I would like to know, but not for now. As some of you weren't there when I created them or simply don't remember, I think I will make a small description of the mission packs and add some other information about them too. After all, there's always a reason and a story coming with a mission pack and explaining why we made it. Right? Well, that's my opinion. Anyway, here goes (I'll also put a description of what hapenned to them during the designing process);

Chronicles of Secronom: It is the story of a few created folks and actual people from the original Grand Theft Auto San Andreas storyline set in an apocalyptic world beeing overrun by zombies and all the like. The story focuses around John Secronom trying to stop the outbreak as well as helping the population. The main antagonist is Jay Zombotech which after a deal with John suposed to ally the Zombotech Corporation and Secronom Corporation puts all the blame on him, seeing that the papers made John the big leader of both companies. At some point, John gets arrested and the outbreak stops. When he is released, some old SPADS guys free him. After a while the outbreak begins again. This time, John swears not to miss Jay. This is the second, or maybe first, mission pack I made.

I came up with the idea of this game while I was in my Dead Frontier (a nowadays 3D zombie browser game that was in 2D, a topdown game, at the time) mood. It was just for fun and I did not expect to make so many missions for this mission pack. This is the only one I actually completed since now. This is the one I am intending to do a remake, seeing some missions might not work anymore or crash due to too many actors or obejcts, etc. spawned at the same time. The mission pack is divided in seasons, then by chapters. Even some missions have their own sub-missions.

The Army: John Secronom is an 18 years old man trying to get in the army. Before that he has to pass some tests. After he passes all of his tests, he gets sent to the National Guard Depot in Ocean Docks located in Los Santos. The very same day, the World War III is declared and Russians are launching an assault on San Andreas. He will fight for his life and his country.

This is my first, maybe second, mission pack I made. The story is completely different than Chronicles of Secronom and this John Secronom is not the same from the previous mission pack listed above. I wanted to experience war feeling missions, but either the missions were too easy or too hard and the story got a little bit boring after a while. This is the first mission pack I ever cancelled.

The Chronicles of John Secronom: John Secronom is a SAM, San Andreas Mercenary, executive in this story. The gangs now have a full state war for the control of San Andreas, because of a simple meeting between the three main gangs. Someone organised a meeting between the Ballas, the Los Santos Vagos and the Orange Grove Families. After it, they agreed that the Ballas would have Las Venturas, the Vagos would move to San Fierro, and the Grove would stay in Los Santos. The other small time gangs weren't aware of this. The situation kept stable until the Russian Mafia got tired of it and took a few Orange Grove territories. Then the Aztecas, allies of Grove, wanted to reply but the Families stopped them. After a while, the gangs in San Fierro retaliated against the Vagos. The gang that got the most hit by the retaliations are the Ballas in Las Venturas: the Italian Mafia took all but one of their 'hoods. After a while, all Law and Order forces had been decimated and the few remnants had fled into hiding. John Secronom, got accepted into SAM the same day he turned eighteen and that's the very same day he got his first contract. He was sent to San Andreas to deal with the Gang War I contract. His job is to work with the gangs, as a mercenary (meaning his actions will have impacts on how gangs behave with him), to put an end to this war and find out who called the meeting.

I came out with this idea after I played Mercenary: Playground of Destruction and Mecernary: World In Flames video games. After a while, the story and all the rest was set. As you can see, I really liked the use of John Secronom as the name of the main character. Chapter one had three release status: missions by missions, whole chapter in a .zip file, then in a file with the storyline feature. Chapter two had only two: chapter in a .zip file and with the storyline feature. I stopped at chapter as anything I did didn't work out as I wanted and finally got out of ideas. This is the second one I let down.

The Chronicles of Albert Wesker: Albert Wesker is a San Fierro cop going on patrol when a zombie outbreak starts. He must fight his way out of San Fierro and maybe find who started the outbreak.

I completed chapter one then let this mission pack down. Some may say it is a complete mission pack, seeing the mission names, but it wasn't. Third one I stopped working on.

The Ridders and the Ridden: The main character's father has been assassinated by his brothers (or sons) and his son must work for his uncle to find a way to get revenge on the killers. He moves out from Sicilly to San Andreas to find his uncle and start his work.

This game was meant to be based on a PC game called Gangland with a similar story. This was the fourth mission pack I left over and if I remember well the reason, it was something about a punishment of some sort towards some people.

Choose Your Destiny: The story is about Carl Johnson that gets back to Grove Street because his brother Sweet needs his help with something. This was a simple go and pickup the guys thing, but it turned hugly.

It is an interactive mission pack in which the people playing the missions must vote for what the characters will do in the next one. Some choices can be good, average, or really bad. It was meant to be another zombie story but if I remake it, it might be about something else. This fifth one was left down because people forgot about it or some reasons like that.

Dead Frontier: The world is in chaos as a worldwide outbreak plagues the planet. All of that because of Secronom Incorporated and their vaccin that was meant to cure cancer and the police squad that assaulted one of their facilities freeing all the infected people. San Andreas is not different from any other places at all...

This mission pack was meant to be the last one I'd make about zombies and the last one refering to Secronom or John Secronom, though some people used him without my authorisation in The Tale of Jack Frazer community project and someone also killed him (******). Anyway, the name and the story were based on the browser game called Dead Frontier and it was also in this period that one of my 'friends' gave me a 'bipolar reputation' or whatever you can call this. After a while, because I was tired of trying to explain some morons that I was the real one, I left this account. This is the cause of why it's the sixth mission pack I cancelled.

The Story of Garry Ferrence: Garry Ferrence is an FBI agent working to protect San Andreas and its population. It all begins with one mission which will lead to an intense case against a band of criminals importing and exporting vehicles in and out of San Andreas.

Before you say, 'Old on! Guest001 made this mission pack,' listen to what I have to say. I am Guest001. This was kind of my escape account from all these people taking me for the false Secronom President. I only made two missions about this mission pack, one an intro only made of cutscenes, and another which which was suposed to be an hard mission with alot of shootout. The mission will crash because there are too many cars, objects, and actors spawned at one point in the mission. I left this one down when I changed account to Secro. Wether I remake this mission pack or not is unclear.

Students of Grenglass College: Two new students enrolled in a school that rumors say it's not a normal one. Only in the first, they get in trouble with two other students.

This mission pack was meant to be made only of cutscene mission to make it look like a movie. I made this one when I came back with my original Secronom President account, or maybe it was still with the Secro one, but I left it down after the first mission...

The Story of Samuel Garret: (I will not post the story here, since it it the mission pack I am currently working on and you can find it on the first page of the DYOM: Missions forum.)

This is another zombie mission pack, but I am, and trying, to make it different from the other ones I made. There is nothing more to say about this one, apart from the fact that chapter four and five required GTA: United to work.

Cormoran: This is the story of Bella Cormoran who felt in love with a German just before Wolrd War II.

This one is based on the TV series named by the same way. I never worked on any missions at all...

Here's the list of the order in which I will remake, start working on, or maybe continue (note the first one is the one I am currently working on):

First: The Story of Samuel Garret (I am working on this one.)

Second: Chronicles of Secronom (Will remake the missions and nothing more. There will be no modification to the story.)

Third: The Riders and the Ridden (Time to try something gangster style.)

Fourth: Cormoran (I will start working on it.)

Fifth: Dead Frontier (I will restart chapter one and go on until the end.)

Sixth: The Story of Garry Ferrence (Not sure if I'll do anything about it...)

Seventh: Choose Your Destiny (My goal is to get away from the usual mission packs.)

Eight: The Army (Now that I have the experience to do military missions (reference to Let Rise Your Faction game or something like that, that was hosted by hebekie), I will try it again.)

Ninth: The Chronicles of Albert Wesker (Time to try something new with the zombie missions.)

Tenth: The Chronicles of John Secronom (I will remake chapter on and two and finish this huge contract.)

Eleventh: Students of Greenglass College (Not sure if I'll try to do something with it...)

Well, that's all for now and that's enough for the huge post too for a while. tounge2.gif

Doublepulse

I read the entire post, and that is alot of mission packs. Most of them seem Zombie Apocalypse but interesting nevertheless.

I would advise working on the mission packs that are not zombie related first. I would be interested in seeing the other mission packs you worked on.

Here is the ones that seem interesting to me:

Students of Greenglass College

The ridder and the ridden

The Army

Kratos2000

Guys I promised feedback, but also mentioned that I'll do it in my free time, which I currently do not have, and with my computer out of my reach right now, I'm afraid it'll have to wait a few days.

I did not forget anything.

Nitesh002

From now on I will be more slower when it comes to making missions and writing reviews for the missions, because I will be concentrating more on preparations for my national exams which are on mid-october. I will still be making the missions and writing the reviews, but even more slower than before.

General Scrotum

Just letting you know that I refreshed my respect list. That means that if you want to get back on, you will need to surprise me a big time (mission packs) or any other minor things that could raise it. tounge.gif

General Scrotum

Sorry about the double post, but what is wrong with me? mercie_blink.gif

I believe the person I am asking this question will recognize himself. wink.gif

guib
Sorry about the double post, but what is wrong with me? mercie_blink.gif

I believe the person I am asking this question will recognize himself. wink.gif

Ehh?

Sorry, didn't understand a word you say in this whole post?

Mati

*new member creates a mission pack*

*new member only gets negative feedback or almost no feedback at all*

*new member is starting a new mission pack*

*other member who gave no feedback/bad feedback says ''wtf, why aren't you working on your previous mission pack?*

Get my point? The new members are coming to this place to find out what they can do better to improve their mission designing. All you guys are doing is giving negative feedback, mostly without any points to improve.

Gorgonit

One word: Alucardiff

alucardiff

Two words: eat sh*t.

Mati

nevermind this post.

alucardiff

Now, I don't have anything about new guys, I actually love them. What pisses me off the most is bad grammar. Fine, you got sh*tty spelling, I can't judge you, but at least have the goddamn decency to put a dot.

About new guys, you pretty much noticed I'm new. I can't help but be pissed seeing how a lot of guys make absolutely terrifying missions and get good reviews, because that dog's not gonna improve it's hunting skills.

It's 2 ways harsh reviewing can end:

Get better, or get lost.

And there's 1 way good when it's sh*tty reviewing can end:

Getting.. oh sh*t, still the same.

So instead posting badly made missions, they should actually spend at least 3 goddamn minutes before posting them.

OR AT LEAST SAY SOMETHING ELSE THAN "sory for bad englsh".

'nuff said.

General Scrotum

My computer is down and I won't get a new one until October or November, so bye for now. I'll still log in from school if I can.

Mati
Now, I don't have anything about new guys, I actually love them. What pisses me off the most is bad grammar. Fine, you got sh*tty spelling, I can't judge you, but at least have the goddamn decency to put a dot.

About new guys, you pretty much noticed I'm new. I can't help but be pissed seeing how a lot of guys make absolutely terrifying missions and get good reviews, because that dog's not gonna improve it's hunting skills.

It's 2 ways harsh reviewing can end:

Get better, or get lost.

And there's 1 way good when it's sh*tty reviewing can end:

Getting.. oh sh*t, still the same.

So instead posting badly made missions, they should actually spend at least 3 goddamn minutes before posting them.

OR AT LEAST SAY SOMETHING ELSE THAN "sory for bad englsh".

'nuff said.

True that. No putting a dot or starting a sentence without a capital letter is not because of bad English. It's because of being stupid/retarded/not putting effort in anything. It can't be that hard to think before you post/design.

I started working on a mini mission pack, it will contain just 3 missions. I'm trying to expand my horizons if you know what I mean.

guib

Hey guys! haven't seen you in a while, anyway, Kratos said that after I had played GTA IV and all the other games, I would came back, I said, ''HA! I have GTA 4 now, i am not coming back!' Well, looks like I came back tounge.gif

I dunno how long I am gonna stay or if I am gonna make something, I am just gonna fool around with DYOM I think...

Oh, also my apologies to kratos, I haven't been really supportive against him... blush.gif

Kratos2000
Oh, also my apologies to kratos, I haven't been really supportive against him... blush.gif

Apology accepted.

tounge2.gif

Gorgonit
Hey guys! haven't seen you in a while, anyway, Kratos said that after I had played GTA IV and all the other games, I would came back, I said, ''HA! I have GTA 4 now, i am not coming back!' Well, looks like I came back tounge.gif

I dunno how long I am gonna stay or if I am gonna make something, I am just gonna fool around with DYOM I think...

Same happened to me, but after I completed it, I came back to SA. Welcum' back.

Mati
Welcum' back.

...I'll pretend this is just a typo.

Welcome back Guib, finally you're back in this place. I have both SA and IV, I play both DYOM and IV-MP regularly.

IV is better than SA if you ask me, but DYOM is a whole other thing; the only reason I still play SA.

Gorgonit
Welcum' back.

Welcome back Guib, finally you're back in this place. I have both SA and IV, I play both DYOM and IV-MP regularly.

IV is better than SA if you ask me, but DYOM is a whole other thing; the only reason I still play SA.

What's up with that? It's just a way to say it.

Mati
Welcum' back.

Welcum back? Or maybe I'm just too much of a pervert tounge.gif

alucardiff
Welcum' back.

Welcum back? Or maybe I'm just too much of a pervert tounge.gif

tits

General Scrotum

I might get a new computer sooner than expected.

Mati

Finally fixed the bug in the last mission of The Rebirth and I'm almost done with the Grand Finale.

But I barely get any interest now. I know that the 2nd episode is worse than the 1st but the future chapters will be great.

leoncj

Well, I said that I'll announce some mission packs that are coming soon, so here's one with a logo:

user posted image

A new episode of my Survivors series. It's not gonna be named "The Survivors 4", the name is WIP. This one will have it's own topic, because the old one is... over-made.

This episode is going to have short story missions, but it's gonna have many mini-games. You know, for fun. ^^

The other mission-pack I'm working is very special. Some knows why it's special...

The name is: Matthew Hegan's Path. - GTA, action style missions.

And the last one... is Cold Year: On Brother's Blood. - You already know that.

-

So, that's the top 3 mission packs I have currently in mind.

Anyway, see ya' later. ^^