4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Jisseikatsu

DYOM The Designers Lounge

guib
Works too.

Though GTA IV is total waste of money, I don't get why you people still play it.

Graphics are terrible for a game which tries to have em nicer,

Gameplay's not worthy enough, etc.

That is your opinium, not mine, I think it is a F*CKING AWESOME GAME!!! tounge.gif

Ok, Now I go and leave you kids to GTA SA, Dyom, Bye, Bye!

Mati

You told goodbye already so the f*ck do you want here confused.gif ? I agree with your opinion on IV, I even prefer IV than SA but DYOM is still quite fun and I'll have something to do when my bro is on the xbox.

Jimmy_Leppard
I hope you won't be mad at me.

I won't be mad biggrin.gif It's your choice and I respect it 100%. However, I have to agree with Kratos, IV is not worthy so much. I also don't know why it's such a big deal about it. SA is much better in my opinion.

Stuntzman

I only found fun on GTA IV when I played on PC with Simple Native Trainer.

Other than that, it's pretty boring.

But about DYOM, I installed GTA United, and probably will make some missions or maybe even a mission pack.

Mati

I started working on my ''first'' mission pack. It will be based around Max Payne, but I don't know: Should I remake the MP game in my own version or should I create a stand alone story about MP?

Doublepulse

Haha GTA IV was not that great, but I enjoyed the game nevertheless. I think what made the game not worth much is there is nothing really to do after you complete the story and any boring side missions you have left. You got multiplayer atleast. biggrin.gif I have been playing EFLC just to get a few ideas developed well and the expansions are better than the original game.

Glad to see Mati is back, tounge.gif I believe some of us could of predicted that.

Mati

I'm done with the prologue of my upcoming storyline. I'll release it together with a few more missions but if I won't get enough comments then anuj_cop.gif

Gorgonit
Hey guys, since I failed 2 mission packs (Jack McAffrey story and Osvald's story) I started thinking to stop creating SWAT/Army style missions, so I went to start thinking about someone who comes to Las Venturas for money and a job. His name will be Harry Gibson, what do you guys think? The story will NOT involve just killing missions, if you know from what I am talking about, what do you guys think?

Doublepulse

It sounds good, there are a lot of mission packs that take place in Las Venturas, but honestly its one of the better cities in comparison with the other two cities.

If you take advantage of some of the interiors and objects, there can always be something people have not tried.

I wish you luck Gorgonit.

I have a question, why did you think you failed your other missionpacks?

Edited by Doublepulse

Gorgonit
It sounds good, there are a lot of mission packs that take place in Las Venturas, but honestly its one of the better cities in comparison with the other two cities.

If you take advantage of some of the interiors and objects, there can always be something people have not tried.

I wish you luck Gorgonite.

I have a question, why did you think you failed your other missionpacks?

Mostly because I get bored and get out of ideas, so I can't continue, anyway I think while doing a mission pack/storyline like the one I will make, I get a lot of more ideas. Anyway thanks for the feedback, I'll get to work now.

Doublepulse

lol its like Writers/Designers Block, you lose inspiration and feel like nothing with work. It isn't that hard to get back on track.

LCJ and I are creating a thread similar to a DYOM Clinic where we help people get ideas flowing for their mission pack and give clear advice on different approaches to the problems people have.

I will say getting inspiration for a great story takes time, however play some other action games or watch few movies to get couple mission ideas. Also playing the real GTA stories helps get a good "Mission Template/Layout" so you can create interesting objectives.

Right now at this moment I am playing GTA IV Lost and Damned to think of good side missions to add to my storyline.

Hope that can help you a little bit.

Gorgonit
lol its like Writers/Designers Block, you lose inspiration and feel like nothing with work. It isn't that hard to get back on track.

LCJ and I are creating a thread similar to a DYOM Clinic where we help people get ideas flowing for their mission pack and give clear advice on different approaches to the problems people have.

I will say getting inspiration for a great story takes time, however play some other action games or watch few movies to get couple mission ideas. Also playing the real GTA stories helps get a good "Mission Template/Layout" so you can create interesting objectives.

Right now at this moment I am playing GTA IV Lost and Damned to think of good side missions to add to my storyline.

Hope that can help you a little bit.

Thanks a lot man, let's see if I return to JM Story.

Jimmy_Leppard
Mostly because I get bored and get out of ideas, so I can't continue, anyway I think while doing a mission pack/storyline like the one I will make, I get a lot of more ideas. Anyway thanks for the feedback, I'll get to work now.

Gorgonit, don't think you failed your mission packs just because you get bored and you don't have ideas. Just look me and my Brian Thompson's heist. It took me 2 months to finish it cause I didn't have any ideas for over 3 weeks at one time. Ideas will come. Don't ditch a mission pack just because you run out of ideas for a while. It happens to almost everyone wink.gif

Good luck with your future mission packs, friend.

Gorgonit

Gorgonit, don't think you failed your mission packs just because you get bored and you don't have ideas. Just look me and my Brian Thompson's heist. It took me 2 months to finish it cause I didn't have any ideas for over 3 weeks at one time. Ideas will come. Don't ditch a mission pack just because you run out of ideas for a while. It happens to almost everyone wink.gif

Good luck with your future mission packs, friend.

Thanks to everybody, very nice words, and yes, finally I got a couple of ideas for JM, so I'll continue, but first I'll release my another mission series.Again thanks for everything.

Mati

I started working on a new mission pack called Las Venturas Stories. It's going simply great, much better than Max Payne.

I also never worked with DYOM that fast before. I may turn into LCJ, posting tons of missions biggrin.gif

Doublepulse

Haha tounge.gif. No offense to anyone, but there is seriously a sh*t load of mission packs that take place in Las Venturas (including mine). I personally do not care, it is fun to pick one of the 3 major areas in the game, and after awhile picking locations gets hard especially when you have been to them all.

I hope you do do something interesting with your missionpack smile.gif, wish you the luck. There is al ot of objects we can use to create a small town or something, but not all of them can really make use of a new location on the map. Yet including the water and the sky, the map gives almost limitless possibilities.

One of my free tips I can give to any designer, if you plan on making use of objects to create a new safehouse or improve existing ones, use that as a template and save your design on every mission slot, that way you do not have to waste time creating the same objects for every mission.

Anyway, Im glad to see you found something to work on, if you ever need help just ask (includes everyone). Also Welcome back EvantheBassit.

Jisseikatsu

I'm thinking about finishing The Story of Samuel Garret soon... Maybe one or two more chapters and I will retire definitly (maybe not?) from DYOM missions designing.

Mati
Haha tounge.gif. No offense to anyone, but there is seriously a sh*t load of mission packs that take place in Las Venturas (including mine). I personally do not care, it is fun to pick one of the 3 major areas in the game, and after awhile picking locations gets hard especially when you have been to them all.

I hope you do do something interesting with your missionpack smile.gif, wish you the luck. There is al ot of objects we can use to create a small town or something, but not all of them can really make use of a new location on the map. Yet including the water and the sky, the map gives almost limitless possibilities.

One of my free tips I can give to any designer, if you plan on making use of objects to create a new safehouse or improve existing ones, use that as a template and save your design on every mission slot, that way you do not have to waste time creating the same objects for every mission.

Anyway, Im glad to see you found something to work on, if you ever need help just ask (includes everyone). Also Welcome back EvantheBassit.

Thanks. I followed your tips and created a small building for the 3rd mission. It uses 50 objects, I hope people won't have problems with the mission.

I have done 2 missions so far (I removed 2 since they sucked) so should I open a topic? Or wait and make more missions?

Creating the building was actually fun, I'm thinking about opening a topic where people can request object related things.

Nitesh002

I thought of an idea of holding an unofficial DYOM contest. Just wanted to know what you think about it before I start a topic.

So here's the general idea:

1. We look for an idea that the contest will revolve around eg. movie, free roam, missions and any other suggestions from you.

2. We vote for the idea.

3. We decide on the topic of what you are going to make. Not neccesarily themes, it can be anything from famous sayings or on any other statemet.

4. We vote for the topic.

5. We design the missions.

6. Then voting begins.

Waiting for some feedbacks, before I open a new topic where we can discuss in details about this.

EDIT: No.3 is just just like themes but not something simple like gangsta, army etc etc. This will become clearer after completing step one, so lets just leave it for now.

No. 1 means what we will design

Movies: will only include cutscenes telling the story. No gameplay at all

Free roam: will involve designing a free roam environment with some activities to do.

Missions: The normal designing we do everyday. Must include gameplay.

Edited by Nitesh aka AAAAAAA

Kratos2000

Sorry, I did not understand.

Lost you around.. 3.

Mati

Thanks. I followed your tips and created a small building for the 3rd mission. It uses 50 objects, I hope people won't have problems with the mission.

I have done 2 missions so far (I removed 2 since they sucked) so should I open a topic? Or wait and make more missions?

Creating the building was actually fun, I'm thinking about opening a topic where people can request object related things.

So, what do you think? confused.gif

Nitesh002

@Mati

It all depends on you. You can make the storyline out of it [using the storyline feature] if you are working on another mission pack right now.Then after you finish it, you can upload it. Or you can just release it as a single missions.

@Kratos

No.3 is just like choosing a theme but not something simple like: gangsta, army etc etc.

Let me just edit that post a bit so that it makes more sense.

Edited it.

Edited by Nitesh aka AAAAAAA

Kratos2000

Uhhm, what does this conest have which the official didn't? unless you have something new in mind, I think a few too many contests with this layout.

Nitesh002
No. 1 means what we will design

Movies: will only include cutscenes telling the story. No gameplay at all

Free roam: will involve designing a free roam environment with some activities to do.

Missions: The normal designing we do everyday. Must include gameplay.

@Kratos

The other contests usually involves designing mission. This time i have thought of adding two more. Movie and free rooam.

Please need more feedback on this idea.

Rytuklis

Yeah. San Fierro is almost abadoned. Somehow nobody uses it for missionpacks/storylines wow.gif

Mati

I can't seem to find a good theme song for Las Venturas Stories. Suggestions?

Stuntzman

I was wondering if there was a designer with a lot of missions like LeonCJ on these forums.

Jimmy_Leppard
I was wondering if there was a designer with a lot of missions like LeonCJ on these forums.

Nope. He has, by far, the most uploaded missions in DYOM biggrin.gif

Kratos2000

Edited, remove quotes please.

Edited by Kratos2000

leoncj

Anyway, I'm coming back to design mission, I hope no one are mad at me that I have canceled Ghost Ship and Crime Life, ^_^.

I'm coming with a new mission-pack, which I won't open a new thread for it due to the reasons I had problems earlier, until it's finished.

Edited by leoncj